IGNORED

Poor Sarah (Maxwell)

terranova

That was a metric shit ton of fail. I'd pick it apart but I'd probably put my fist through my computer screen in the process.

I do admire posters who can pick through that crap and rebut it line for line. I no longer have the patience to do that. I can actually sit here with a BP cuff on and measure the rise as I read garbage like that.

So instead I went to their FB page and shit on the rug.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do admire posters who can pick through that crap and rebut it line for line. I no longer have the patience to do that. I can actually sit here with a BP cuff on and measure the rise as I read garbage like that.

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Ha Ha Ha! You got a bacon bra on her facebook page. That is awesome!

(you need to go post over on the VF facebook page!!)

I can actually sit here with a BP cuff on and measure the rise as I read garbage like that.

I don't let anything on line bother me to the point it affects my health. I know other people who say the same thing about their blood pressure. Now in real life I can sometimes get that upset but online, no.

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

Ha Ha Ha! You got a bacon bra on her facebook page. That is awesome!

(you need to go post over on the VF facebook page!!)

Yea since I finally registered on FB I've been tacking the old BB up on a lot of fundy sites. :lol: Running over to the VF right now.

Guest Anonymous

I don't let anything on line bother me to the point it affects my health. I know other people who say the same thing about their blood pressure. Now in real life I can sometimes get that upset but online, no.

I consider the things I say on line to be a part of my real life, and consistent with my life offline.

Do you like musicals? My Fair Lady is one of my favorites. :-)

Mine too! I was dismayed to find out that they're shooting (were shooting?) a remake. For me, Rex Harrison IS Henry Higgins, talky-singy voice and all. End of discussion.

Yea since I finally registered on FB I've been tacking the old BB up on a lot of fundy sites. :lol: Running over to the VF right now.

I am going to cook turkey bacon tomorrow morning in you honor. I've got a screen shot since since it will be deleted, but hey, at least one lucky VF intern will be defrauded tonight!

I consider the things I say on line to be a part of my real life, and consistent with my life offline.

I do also but I refuse to give anyone the power to raise my blood pressure or otherwise affect my health. Maybe it's something that comes with age, or having survived a critical illness, but life is too short. I took back my power, which turned out to be healthy for me.

I am going to cook turkey bacon tomorrow morning in you honor. I've got a screen shot since since it will be deleted, but hey, at least one lucky VF intern will be defrauded tonight!

I'm banned from posting but saw your post. LOL, it will be removed but will you be banned? Possibly not, I wasn't banned the first few times I posted, though my posts were removed.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I do also but I refuse to give anyone the power to raise my blood pressure or otherwise affect my health. Maybe it's something that comes with age, or having survived a critical illness, but life is too short. I took back my power, which turned out to be healthy for me.

Well I'm just not as strong as you are NN :roll: I actually have to work at keeping my BP within normals, for me that means meds, exercise and diet, and over an hour of yoga aday. Or perhaps I should just try taking back my power :roll:

Well I'm just not as strong as you are NN :roll: I actually have to work at keeping my BP within normals, for me that means meds, exercise and diet, and over an hour of yoga aday. Or perhaps I should just try taking back my power :roll:

I've no doubt you're just as strong. or more so. I too am on blood pressure meds. I can't get into yoga but I do swim, walk, and bike. What I meant by taking back the power was to refuse to let other people hurt me. I can't say getting upset ever did anything to my BP. Until a few years ago I had abnormally low BP. I have secondary BP. But I used to get really upset about things people said or did, and it gave me headaches and/or stomach aches. No more.

I've no doubt you're just as strong. or more so. I too am on blood pressure meds. I can't get into yoga but I do swim, walk, and bike. What I meant by taking back the power was to refuse to let other people hurt me. I can't say getting upset ever did anything to my BP. Until a few years ago I had abnormally low BP. I have secondary BP. But I used to get really upset about things people said or did, and it gave me headaches and/or stomach aches. No more.

Actually I said nothing about people hurting me. Those are your feelings, not mine.Apparently you seem to think that I get headaches or upset stomachs from reading bigoted posts, I never said any such thing.

Actually I said nothing about people hurting me. Those are your feelings, not mine.Apparently you seem to think that I get headaches or upset stomachs from reading bigoted posts, I never said any such thing.

No, you said :

I can actually sit here with a BP cuff on and measure the rise as I read garbage like that.

To me that says other people's words have the power to cause your blood pressure to go up. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, even though it seems pretty clear.

A modest proposal: just as we call Mrs. Christopher Maxwell "non-reversal Anna" to distinguish her from natural-born Anna Maxwell, let's declare Sarah Maxwell to be, henceforth until she gets away from Steve's insanity, "Poor Sarah."

This will benefit us by relieving us of differentiating between this Sarah and the many other Sarahs, by automatically blessing her ("poor kid!") and in case a Maxwell son marries a Sarah, we're set!

I can't take credit for this; a character I know is such a mess-up that his wife has been known for years as "Poor Louise" -- and the more I saw the title of this topic it just seems like the right sobriquet. Either that or "Pre-reversal Sarah," but that ... naah.

No, you said :

To me that says other people's words have the power to cause your blood pressure to go up. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant, even though it seems pretty clear.

I don't doubt what I said. I do question your diagnosis.

That interview with Sarah Maxwell doesn't reveal anything new. The unmarried status is again brought up again though. I've noticed it popping up more and more. It must be the implied (or not so implied) criticisms from others that a 30 year old woman is still single despite living in a subculture which venerates marriage for females.

At this point, Steve Maxwell must be hearing whispers from people of what's wrong with their family. Blaming God---or saying that God will decide when Sarah marries is a cop-out to appease both Sarah and critics. Steve seems like the type who sees himself as a doer, not passive in his actions. However, he is doing nothing to get his daughter married. He expects to sit on his butt, keep Sarah cloistured and the "right" young man will miraculously appear to court Sarah. Steve is too dense to realize normal young men don't pop up at stranger's doorsteps to propose marriage. Did anyone notice Sarah writes "So, whether Mr. Right is just around the corner, or not for another year or two, I’ll continue on!. Is she just optimistic or is she being manipulated by her father? There's no indication Sarah Maxwell has had any courtships, how can she assume there will be a successful on in a couple of years? I guess if all she has is the Bible to read all day, miracles must seem like a normal occurrence.....

And sadly for Poor Sarah, the Maxwell conferences are becoming more rare. Those have to be the few places where she could meet her Mr. Right. What's left for her now? Cleaning the same rooms again and again, studying Bible with Daddy, helping with her brothers' kids (and their younger-than-Sarah wives) and occasionally writing boring children's books in the solitude of Uriah, hoping some man, ANY man, would knock the door of the bus... And the worst part of this all? She could walk away and leave all this shit behind her any moment but she just wont since this possibility probably never even crosses her mind.

A modest proposal: just as we call Mrs. Christopher Maxwell "non-reversal Anna" to distinguish her from natural-born Anna Maxwell, let's declare Sarah Maxwell to be, henceforth until she gets away from Steve's insanity, "Poor Sarah."

This will benefit us by relieving us of differentiating between this Sarah and the many other Sarahs, by automatically blessing her ("poor kid!") and in case a Maxwell son marries a Sarah, we're set!

I can't take credit for this; a character I know is such a mess-up that his wife has been known for years as "Poor Louise" -- and the more I saw the title of this topic it just seems like the right sobriquet. Either that or "Pre-reversal Sarah," but that ... naah.

good idea

from now on I will refer to her as "Poor Sarah"

good idea

from now on I will refer to her as "Poor Sarah"

Excellent idea! And if we're in a hurry, we can just call her PS or PSarah.

Excellent idea! And if we're in a hurry, we can just call her PS or PSarah.

OMG, we're getting into PG Wodehouse territory -- remember Psmith?!?!? --- I love it!!

Easter Sunday update - Steve's response to a commenter on their blog:

Just wanted to wish you and your family a Happy Easter! Any special plans for the weekend? Do you celebrate with both sides of your familiies? How about Melanie’s and Anna’s(Chris’)? Do the little girls have an Easter Egg hunt after Church?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you. We have a family dinner late afternoon with Nathan’s and Christopher’s family. Gigi and Grandad will join us as well. We don’t do “eggs†“bunnies†or the like. We focus on the Lord Jesus.

Blessings.

Nothing remotely resembling fun for them...Poor Sarah, indeed.

Easter Sunday update - Steve's response to a commenter on their blog:

Nothing remotely resembling fun for them...Poor Sarah, indeed.

For God's sake let the little girls have some fun in their lives. You can be a Christian and still do Easter eggs and bunnies. I'm glad those things are OK in the Catholic church. We have egg hunts for the kids after Mass.

PSarah needs to mix with some unrelated men. That's the ONLY way to put yourself on the market, so to speak.

So... let her take part in some online forums, or do some volunteering, or take a job (gasp!! JOB) somewhere. They live in Leavenworth, surely there are some nice religious groups out there working to improve some aspect of the city life, running a charity or whatever, maybe there's some women in town who could use some help with tutoring or homeschooling maybe (and have some proper-age relatives)? Maybe a Bible study group somewhere? How about the internet, there's forums for just about everything surely there's a serious Bible study forum out there?

But of course those things would be Christianity as interpreted by the participants, or at least by some other leader who isn't Steve-O. That's the entire problem, methinks.

As for the eggs - I'm not Christian but just living in the world spring coming around is exciting, all the pretty colors of the flowers and the light young green on everything, it's only natural to want to sit and enjoy those colors on your things, be it dyeing eggs or foil wrapped chocolates, it's the pastel time of year!

I know a fundie family who doesn't believe in the secular trappings of Xmas having anything to do with Xmas, but so they keep those things and just say it's a secular fun holiday about winter that happens at the same time of year. I see no reason people can't do the same for Easter, say hey we have Easter (or Resurrection Sunday, if they want) all about Jesus, but at the same time of year (and maybe not even restricted to that one day!) we have let's eat some chocolate and party it up because it's springtime!

...ah but of course that would be the dreaded F*N. :roll:

PSarah needs to mix with some unrelated men. That's the ONLY way to put yourself on the market, so to speak.

So... let her take part in some online forums, or do some volunteering, or take a job (gasp!! JOB) somewhere. They live in Leavenworth, surely there are some nice religious groups out there working to improve some aspect of the city life, running a charity or whatever, maybe there's some women in town who could use some help with tutoring or homeschooling maybe (and have some proper-age relatives)? Maybe a Bible study group somewhere? How about the internet, there's forums for just about everything surely there's a serious Bible study forum out there?

But of course those things would be Christianity as interpreted by the participants, or at least by some other leader who isn't Steve-O. That's the entire problem, methinks.

As for the eggs - I'm not Christian but just living in the world spring coming around is exciting, all the pretty colors of the flowers and the light young green on everything, it's only natural to want to sit and enjoy those colors on your things, be it dyeing eggs or foil wrapped chocolates, it's the pastel time of year!

I know a fundie family who doesn't believe in the secular trappings of Xmas having anything to do with Xmas, but so they keep those things and just say it's a secular fun holiday about winter that happens at the same time of year. I see no reason people can't do the same for Easter, say hey we have Easter (or Resurrection Sunday, if they want) all about Jesus, but at the same time of year (and maybe not even restricted to that one day!) we have let's eat some chocolate and party it up because it's springtime!

...ah but of course that would be the dreaded F*N. :roll:

I think an adult Bible study class would be ideal for PSarah. Steve could think he's furthering his ministry by allowing her out to affect others, but PSarah would benefit from mingling with people her own age. Steve, we know you read here -- it's a serious consideration for her since she is well-trained in reading her Bible and strong in her convictions. There would be no harm done and it would give her life more purpose if you sold it as helping the family business.

And you know if they even thought for a moment to buy chocolate foil-wrapped eggs, they'd ration 2 of them among them all. No one should ever be allowed the pleasure of having too much of a good thing. It just becomes an idol.

Adult bible classes with men in it may be too risque for Steve and Teri. They are strict about maintaining the "purity" of their virginal daughter. Plus, there's fear that Sarah may be misled by the bible group's teaching. What if she starts questioning her life? Her fundie upbringing? Her parents?!?!

I can't imagine Steve allowing anyone to participate outside the home church. It just reeks of too much outside influences. Sadly, Sarah will only become more isolated as she is prevented from interacting with people her own age.

Archived