IGNORED

USA is the only country not mentioned in Revelations-WTF

AtroposHeart

Coversation with a classmate

Him-The USA is the only country not mentioned in Revelations.

Me-Is Canada in Revelations?

Him-It is implied too.

Me-(In one of those dramitic religious voices) From the northern land of Maple came forth a-

Him-That can be viewed as sacrelgious, not juging you.

He also mentioned that he saw some sort aberration for Russia in Revelations.

Can someone please explain to this to me?

I don't know. Some fundies blend nationalism with religion. The whole "god, country and family" thing. Some believe the US is a promised land of sorts or that we are God's chosen people. It's the idea that God has granted us special blessing and have a special plan blah blah. It's an odd idea since it implies God loves other people less. I didn't realize federal gov't had that much pull to make God love me more when I became a US citizen lol.

What's the reasoning for God loving America more than other countries? I mean, for one thing it's capitalist, which really screws over the poor.

Well seeing as though North America wasn't discovered until, what the 13th century when the vikings came? And the bible was written, when? Fourth century? Doesn't it just make sense?

Russia is referred to as "the great bear" or something like that. The Apostle John was on the Island of Patmos and I think he was smoking mushrooms or something when he wrote it. Anybody who says they can definitively interpret Revelation is just goofy.

What's the reasoning for God loving America more than other countries? I mean, for one thing it's capitalist, which really screws over the poor.

I remember some point to our prosperity. It's all relative. We have a wide gap between rich and poor but our poor is still 'rich' compared to other countries. I agree the US is blessed with material wealth, but I don't see that as a sign that God loves us more. I did nothing to make myself more deserving of a house and car than the poor kid in North Korea. Yet here I am.

It's also one reason I dislike the fundie philosophy, there's a narrow-mindedness of its interpretation. It's easier for me to understand that "God loves everyone" then "God has a special place for this group".

It's a somewhat unique belief that we seem to have held dear since the beginning. Manifest destiny, American exceptionalism. . . pretty much the same thing when one boils it down. I love my country, but I don't think we're divinely exceptional. In the eyes of many, that makes me the opposite of a patriot. Whatever.

The Apostle John was on the Island of Patmos and I think he was smoking mushrooms or something when he wrote it.

Apparently, it's possible that it was a different writer and that it's actually a gnostic text.

Well seeing as though North America wasn't discovered until, what the 13th century when the vikings came? And the bible was written, when? Fourth century? Doesn't it just make sense?

11th century for L'anse aux Meadows. :)

I don't think Australia or New Zealand are mentioned either. Or Antarctica. Or South America. You'd think that if it was that super-important, three continents wouldn't have been left out. (Obviously, North America wasn't mentioned either in Revelation, no matter what kind of swill they're shilling.)

Coversation with a classmate

Him-The USA is the only country not mentioned in Revelations.

Me-Is Canada in Revelations?

Him-It is implied too.

Me-(In one of those dramitic religious voices) From the northern land of Maple came forth a-

Him-That can be viewed as sacrelgious, not juging you.

Can someone please explain to this to me?

He's nuckin' futz.

11th century for L'anse aux Meadows. :)

Newfie? :)

Russia is referred to as "the great bear" or something like that. The Apostle John was on the Island of Patmos and I think he was smoking mushrooms or something when he wrote it. Anybody who says they can definitively interpret Revelation is just goofy.

If there is stuff like that, it isn't from Revelation. They rip a lot of the "country" stuff from Daniel and Ezekiel and piece it all together as if it's a coherent whole. End Times prophecy interpretation is a lot like the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia that way.

Haha, the Dixons use the USA not being mentioned in Revelation as proof that Amurrca is Babylon :D

I've not heard of the USA "being the only country not mentioned in the Bible."

However, according to Revelations, 1/4 of the world's population will be destroyed in the end times. One Bible teacher I heard interpreted that as the USA being completely wiped out because it has 1/4 of the world's population (i'm not even sure if that statistic is correct).

The USA is nowhere close to 1/4 of the world's population. According to census information the US population in 2010 was 308,745,538. 2011 estimates were 311,591,917.

If you include all of North America the 2011 population was estimated to be 458,999,538.

Less than 500 million is nowhere close to 1/4 of 7 billion. No idea where that bible professor was getting his data. Either that or he is really bad at math.

I've not heard of the USA "being the only country not mentioned in the Bible."

However, according to Revelations, 1/4 of the world's population will be destroyed in the end times. One Bible teacher I heard interpreted that as the USA being completely wiped out because it has 1/4 of the world's population (i'm not even sure if that statistic is correct).[

The USA is not even close.

China the biggest country only has 20%

Land of gog and magog perhaps?

Archived