IGNORED

WTF Voddie Adopting Again!

Want More Babies

This time the baby was born in Georgia. He is just a couple days old (was born Feb, 29th). They are waiting to clear ICPC and then they will bring Amos Emmanuel Baucham home. He was born in Atlanta, GA.

Who lets him have these kids? I am so pissed. Nothing like sending a lamb to the slaughter.

Damn that poor baby!! After reading his views on raising children and spanking infants I don't know how anybody would give that man his/her child. A quick google research brings all that nasty stuff up to daylight.

BTW: are all their children adopted?

Link to blog?

No blog, just like Voddie Bauchan Ministries on FB. There are over 14,000 likes so there has to be a few in the mix who like him just to watch the crazy.

Damn that poor baby!! After reading his views on raising children and spanking infants I don't know how anybody would give that man his/her child. A quick google research brings all that nasty stuff up to daylight.

BTW: are all their children adopted?

No, not all of their children are. I know the oldest two aren't but not sure about the others.

It is Voddie Baucham Ministries, and his FB page is all sorts of crazy!

I'm a little confused, I thought the wife was really sick? As in like confined to the bed most of the time... How can they adopt, or why would they adopt, given their circumstances?

I'm a little confused, I thought the wife was really sick? As in like confined to the bed most of the time... How can they adopt, or why would they adopt, given their circumstances?

They have a wife replacement in Jasmine. :(

Other than my semisarcastic reply, I have no idea why some halfwit lets them adopt more babies.

I'd love to know which agency is behind this placement. I wonder if it is private adoptions through word of mouth.

They currently adopt through "Covenant Care", a christian adoption agency in Georgia http://www.covenantcareadoptions.com/Voddie has written/spoken about the agency before when his blog was hosted on another site.

Personally, I feel that this agency's license to place children should be revoked given that they have knowingly placed children with the type of people (Voddie in particular) who are prone to using physical discipline over meaningless character "flaws" like shyness. If anything, they should be investigated for their method of screening and accepting prospective candidates who would (and have) be(en) deemed unfit as foster/adoptive parents by other, state and public agencies. Voddie Baucham was denied several times before by public agencies (which is why he went the "Covenant Care" route) which speaks volumes. If Covenant Care was too foolish to take that fact into account, then they shouldn't be in the business of placing children.

I agree Covenant Care needs to be revoked. The Bachmans are the wrong people for adoption for various reasons. A lot of other agencies wouldn't allow babies to adopted by couples in which spouse is ill or disabled.

So how many kids does that make now for baby collector Voddie Baucham?

I agree Covenant Care needs to be revoked. The Bachmans are the wrong people for adoption for various reasons. A lot of other agencies wouldn't allow babies to adopted by couples in which spouse is ill or disabled.

...or where the 250 pound, 6'3" husband intends to administer physical discipline on young children for the "sin" of not shaking an adult's hand.

They currently adopt through "Covenant Care", a christian adoption agency in Georgia http://www.covenantcareadoptions.com/Voddie has written/spoken about the agency before when his blog was hosted on another site.

Personally, I feel that this agency's license to place children should be revoked given that they have knowingly placed children with the type of people (Voddie in particular) who are prone to using physical discipline over meaningless character "flaws" like shyness. If anything, they should be investigated for their method of screening and accepting prospective candidates who would (and have) be(en) deemed unfit as foster/adoptive parents by other, state and public agencies. Voddie Baucham was denied several times before by public agencies (which is why he went the "Covenant Care" route) which speaks volumes. If Covenant Care was too foolish to take that fact into account, then they shouldn't be in the business of placing children.

OMG! I forgot all about covenantcare. Years ago before I had the surgery to get pg with my #4 and 5 sons, we tried to adopt and covenant care was one of the places that told us that since we already had 3 kids that we had too many children to adopt any more. They also told us that we were not Christian enough even though we were easily fundy-medium at the time.

...or where the 250 pound, 6'3" husband intends to administer physical discipline on young children for the "sin" of not shaking an adult's hand.

It makes me sick to think of the fear and terror that those kids must live with.

Poor baby.

What is it with fundies and adoption? Are they trying to make themselves look like saints?

A lot of them think it is something like a Christian duty to adopt a child. In the New Testament Jesus is also talking about adoption several times. Furthermore they are all into "collecting" children. They are status symbols in their world. And last but not least OF COURSE THEY ARE SAINTS!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

What is it with fundies and adoption? Are they trying to make themselves look like saints?

Well, in regard to the Bauchams, they do it because they can no longer physically have children of their own. Apparently, Bridget Baucham had her tubes tied after the birth of their eldest son. After that, they decided that they had made a horrible mistake and wanted to be quiverful. They tried to get a reversal, but it couldn't be done. So, they instead chose to expand their family through adoption.

Well, not all fundies approve of adoption. Gothard does not like adoption because he believes in the whole sins of the father thing, so when you adopt a child, it inherits those sins. Since, according to him, children put up for adoption almost always come from the result of a sinful union, meaning a sinful lifestyle and evullll parentage, that child is just a bad seed waiting to take root in your garden and poison it. So you as the adopting parent are then adopting the sins of the child's biological parents. If you are going to adopt, then you better do your research and get one from good parents, but even them, according to him- it's still not fool-proof, because the child could still be cursed without anyone knowing it yet.

To be more specific:

"For example, Gothard teaches that the "sons" must agree to the guilt and ask God to remove its consequences, and that parents of an adopted child should research the child's biological parents and pray with the child for forgiveness, even casting out demons if necessary. He also warns against adopting a child altogether, because you might be adopting one that has been cursed (Exo. 20:4-6 again)"

and

"Gothard teaches that the new parents of an adopted child must research the sins of the 'biological parents,' confessing them and casting the consequences off the child. He says: 'Causes of Conflicts -- Adopted children are affected by the sins of their natural parents, and these sins are usually very severe. ... Steps to Resolve Conflicts -- If the child is too young to understand, pray for the child. Confess your sins and acknowledge the sins of the natural parents. Ask God to rebuke Satan and free the child from any unbelief or rebellion from the lives of the parents. Pray in the name and through the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.'"

http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/gothard/general.htm

I just think this is an interesting, albeit sicko, example of how the fundies have fundamental differences in parenting beliefs.

So how many kids does that make now for baby collector Voddie Baucham?

According to Voddie himself, "As we rejoice in the arrival of baby number eight"

I still can't get over the fact that anyone would give them a baby! That makes me sick. He is such a freaking child abuser! I would love to have him meet my child (who I would not have shake his hand) just to see if he dare discipline my child (or does he just blather on like he is big and bad). I don't care that he is 6'3 250+ pounds, I would teach that SOB a lesson he would not soon forget.

Okay, I'm not that familiar with the Bauchams apart from that they're in with VF and I used to read Jasmine's blog - what's Voddie done that's awful?

From what I've read on his blog previously, one of the churches he's associated with pays all the adoption fees and gives them $10,000 to adopt.

His wife is chronically ill with lupus, among other illnesses. His daughter Jasmine raises and educates the children.

Free Jasmine!

Voddie believes in corporal punishment. He likes it a lot. The state of Texas won't let him adopt because of these beliefs, so he has to use a private agency.

Archived