IGNORED

WTF Voddie Adopting Again!

Want More Babies

fluttershies,

here is a message from Voddie about how to raise children.

keepers-at-home.blogspot.com/2008/04/child-training.html

Great. More crazies adopting children who shouldn't. That agency needs put out of business if they let people like Voddie adopt. Agree, free poor Jasmine!

one of our children is a 3 year old, and we're right at the tail end of this phase. He gets spanked regularly. And so we bring Elijah in, you know, and I talk to Elijah about what just happened, explain to him where scriptually it was a violation and why it's sin, and how sin grieves the heart of God and why Jesus had to die for sin, and why as his father I've been commanded to spank him for what he just did because God desires that he not be that kind of boy... ...And so I spank Elijah. Firmly. And he weeps, and that's all he gets to do. If he goes beyond that and screams and yells and throws a fit, then I spank him because that's rebellion. And if I don't, then I teach him that he can embarrass me and make me not spank him."

read it for the 5th time now and it still makes me so so so sick.

damn.. there are so many great couples out there that would love to adopt and have to face many problems and those asswholes can adopt one child after another.

fluttershies,

here is a message from Voddie about how to raise children.

keepers-at-home.blogspot.com/2008/04/child-training.html

Dear Lord. The comment about the 'so called shy child' is horrific.

Voddie believes in corporal punishment. He likes it a lot. The state of Texas won't let him adopt because of these beliefs, so he has to use a private agency.

If this is a legal adoption, doesn't he still have to be approved by the state of Texas? People can arrange adoptions through private agencies, but it's my understanding that a judge has to sign off on it.

The whole 'sins of the fathers be visited upon the sons thing'... doesn't that clash with the premise of Christianity, namely, personal and individual salvation?

The whole 'sins of the fathers be visited upon the sons thing'... doesn't that clash with the premise of Christianity, namely, personal and individual salvation?

Soooort of - why would the need for salvation be universal if not for some universal sinning? If, like a lot of born-agains, you believe that everyone is born with a 'sin nature', then it's not so bizarre to extend that to some level of familial inheritence.

I am saddened and disgusted that the Bauchams would be allowed to adopted. I feel terrible for their children.

Wait, I thought the whole idea of quiverful was not using birthcontrol and having as many babies as God determines. How can the Bauchams be quiverful and adopt? Isn't that saying that they didn't get enough from God?

OMG! I forgot all about covenantcare. Years ago before I had the surgery to get pg with my #4 and 5 sons, we tried to adopt and covenant care was one of the places that told us that since we already had 3 kids that we had too many children to adopt any more. They also told us that we were not Christian enough even though we were easily fundy-medium at the time.

I guess the "3 is enough" limitation doesn't apply to royalty like Baucham.

I also think that this "agency" should not be permitted to continue operation. So many red flags. Wonder where they are getting the adoptable kids.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom, in a world where there are many GOOD potential adoptive parents, how an "agency" can select a family consisting of an abusive (by his own testimony) father who is most likely not "into" daily "mom" stuff, a disabled (also by their own testimony) mother, multiple children already, and a situation where an older child will have to provide all the ordinary daily care. Crazy. More than crazy. (And that in itself is abuse of the older child).

Someone who is knowledgeable about the media in Georgia should pass this on so that it gets media coverage and lots of it.

As someone with lupus, I can tell you that lupus isn't a death sentence and Drs no longer tell women they can't have children. But on the other hand, my lupus is mild and the idea of 1 kid scares me beyond all belief because I don't have the energy to take my dog out on some days. With 7 kids, there is no question that Jasmine is the main mom around that house. Give the poor woman a break. Doing some research on lupus and having kids, there are a few blogs out there of women who have done it. Eeek! Poor things

Dear Lord. The comment about the 'so called shy child' is horrific.

I haven't had the opportunity to listen to the sermon you posted, but is it the one where he tells the story about the little girl who refused to shake his hand and then had to be taken away and spanked several times by her father until she agreed to do so? This is the type of behavior/punishment he is advocating that parents do. In his mind, a child who refuses to submit to authority immediately, and who does not illustrate first-time obedience is showing rank rebelliousness.

Just to clarify, "I" don't think that lupus is a death sentence, nor do I think of it as NECESSARILY a major disability that would prevent parenting. It is, however, my understanding that the Baucham parents state that Mrs. Baucham is "disabled" by her lupus.

I sort of figure, in actuality, the lupus might be an ancillary factor.

My guess (emphasis on "guess") would be that there might be other issues more disabling, maybe stress-related, or mental and emotional, given the extreme patriarchal situation she finds herself in. I could be wrong.

Either way, I still think the whole thing is CRAZY.

Who adopts kids for the older kids to raise? (Rhetorical question, I know...)

Archived