IGNORED

Update on the Morton blog

ophelia

If it's not Lea/Leah as the first name, then definitely in the middle name. I could see her going with a classic but pretty like Emily or Abigail.

Oooh. You're totally right. Leah is a pretty good bet.

Cleve/Lise child will be interesting too. I see them choosing something off the beaten path.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hadn't heard about Rachel being on bedrest this time around. I did think she looked healthier overall this time.

I don't think they ever said she was, but I've been thinking she had to have been at least for awhile because I kept remembering that they were just missing from stuff for a spell before Cleve's wedding. If you look at the Smith's blog, a family photo was taken without them being there, which I don't think they'd do lightly.

Oooh. You're totally right. Leah is a pretty good bet.

Cleve/Lise child will be interesting too. I see them choosing something off the beaten path.

Yeah, I think Lea is very likely to be included somehow.

I also agree that Cleve and Lise Marie's kid could have any kind of name. Look at the names in Lise Marie's family - Prentiss, Christiana, Hunter, off the top of my head. And then on Cleve's side they love their family names, whether they're from recent generations or ones from way back. They could wind up with a... Temperance Echo.

I think some of the M girls were wearing pants in their earlier caving trips. I recall seeing at least Martha in camo pants, probably Addie and Katie too, which makes perfect sense: imagine crawling and climbing in the caves in long skirts... Highly impractical and dangerous. I bet the Duggar girls would have had flip flops, though... :roll:

I think some of the M girls were wearing pants in their earlier caving trips. I recall seeing at least Martha in camo pants, probably Addie and Katie too, which makes perfect sense: imagine crawling and climbing in the caves in long skirts... Highly impractical and dangerous. I bet the Duggar girls would have had flip flops, though... :roll:

The only cave pictures I remember were of Darthy and Noah, and Katie and Alan, and they did it in long skirts. Do you have a link or a time frame?

Looking at the photos (and looking past some of the really duh! captions) there are some very strong genes in the Morton family....

The only cave pictures I remember were of Darthy and Noah, and Katie and Alan, and they did it in long skirts. Do you have a link or a time frame?

Pretty sure you're both right, and they wore full-on pants UNDER long skirts.

Pretty sure you're both right, and they wore full-on pants UNDER long skirts.

Googling proved you right. The more recent pics are of them in skirts, the old pictures are either baggy cargo pants or skirts over pants.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys, all this S'Morton silence is boring me. No updates to Morton or Sanders blog in a bit over a week. Let's speculate!

Addie and Martha have both escaped! Addie's immediately been hired as the lead creative for a new chain of women's retail stores, which describes itself as a cross between Anthropologie and Gone with the Wind.

Martha's decided to take to the high seas, and is en route to Alaska to rule a crab-fishing boat with an iron fist.

Cleve and Lise have stunned the family with the announcement that, on the next snowboarding trip, Lise will be allowed to wear pants INSIDE THE LODGE. Mama and Papa Morton are debating how hard to disown them.

Any other crackpot theories?

They are probably busy with the new"widdle,widdle dumplin'cutie patutie muchkin". I really REALLY hate when she starts in on the babytalk ALL THE TIME.

I guess traveling to visit friends (which we all know is to hope for another match up as the girls are getting up there) and sisters constantly pregnant or giving birth gets a little tiring even to them.

Yes, only in the Morton clan is the ripe old age of 21 cause to sweat. That's like 4 years of childbearing out the window already!

I'd like to imagine that Addie, Martha and the Sanders girls have gone on a Priscilla, Queen of the Desert/To Wong Foo-esque road trip across the country to discover themselves. "Approval is neither desired nor required!"

Yes, only in the Morton clan is the ripe old age of 21 cause to sweat. That's like 4 years of childbearing out the window already!

I'd like to imagine that Addie, Martha and the Sanders girls have gone on a Priscilla, Queen of the Desert/To Wong Foo-esque road trip across the country to discover themselves. "Approval is neither desired nor required!"

I love all of this. Most especially the references, but all of it.

Archived