IGNORED

Update on the Morton blog

ophelia

Wait, what's this about the shower? All I see are the Campanas.

EDIT: Never mind, it decided to switch.

They half posted before, and then added more.

Who is that dude in the blue sweater with the Roberts in that one picture? He looks familiar but I can't figure out what family he's from. I know it's not of the main ones (Campana/Robers/Morton/Kendall/Sanders)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They half posted before, and then added more.

Who is that dude in the blue sweater with the Roberts in that one picture? He looks familiar but I can't figure out what family he's from. I know it's not of the main ones (Campana/Robers/Morton/Kendall/Sanders)

I know, I've seen him before too. I just got done with some work, maybe I'll see if I can remember/find him again.

Oh my. So I just checked the Roberts family site and they have a new post up, and now I'm modifying my theories on why Addie and Marth needed a refresher course on being content and taking care of the menfolk. Apparently there was a big skiing/snowboarding trip that included, among others, all the Robertses, all the Campanas, all the Kendalls, Cleve and Lise, and Bethany and Danny (and maybe the Lane sisters, I'm not positive).

By the way, apparently that one guy's name is Devin but I'm still not placing him.

Christiana/Edgar 2012. All the money in world. The pretty southerner meets the pretty southerner.

And hoooolllly shit, I'd be pissed if all my friends went boarding without me. Can't see the skirts only Morton girls being allowed to ski/snowboard. Cleve and Lise look so normal, especially out of all the Morton couples. I mean look at that first group shot, can you imagine that being Kressant?

Devin has been pictured a lot, maybe a Roberts relation?

Can't be sure, because the other time I saw him (I haven't looked back far, I got distracted) was, again, another time the Kendalls were visiting because they're all best buddies now. I would imagine if I'm a Kendall parent and looking to hook my last girl and boy up, and I see those nice-looking Robertses with all their children of compatible age, well, I'd be best buddies too. And if I were Addie or Martha... hoo boy.

Right, so what I'm saying is, if the building practices are anything like what Florida is forced to deal with, well, you just have to hope a tornado doesn't hit you head-on. At least GA is about half as likely as FL to actually have a tornado.

When we moved to AL, where tornadoes are very common, I could not believe that most homes had no basement. We had an interior closet we went to. One neighbor had a storm shelter but you had to run across the long backyard to get to it, get the door open, and hope you got in before the wind and rain knocked you over. We get a lot of tornadoes in MN but almost everyone has basements.

Well, like I was saying, it's due mostly to the elevation level than anything else.

Looks like this Devin is an EMT/firefighter.

Well, like I was saying, it's due mostly to the elevation level than anything else.

Looks like this Devin is an EMT/firefighter.

If he's not related, maybe Marty?

Yeah, it's seeming very very fishy that the Kendals and Roberts are suddenly BFF with Edgar the same age as Christiana, and Norma and Daisy right in Hunter's age group. Add in the Campana girls (Mariah and Alyssa), and it's a soap opera. No wonder Addie and Martha have been melancholy. If you're raised to want to get married, then not given the opportunity to promote yourself then what are you supposed to do.

Lise and Cleve look really good and comfy with each other.

How far along is Lise? Couldn't it be dangerous for her and the baby to go snowboarding? I've never done it before, neither have I been pregnant so I have NO idea.

Well, I've only been snowboarding once, and I spent more time on my rear in the snow than upright. She seems a little more skilled, so she probably falls less/not at all. I have not been pregnant either; however, even when you do fall in snowboarding, it's normally a quickly-bend-down and fall less than six inches into a bunch of soft snow, rather than head-over-heels tumbling. If she were skilled, and then downplayed what she actually did, it'd probably be like walking.

That being said, I also remember when Darth was pregnant we kept questioning it, both from a lack of bump pictures and because she was doing stuff like helping carry Christmas trees. And I think it was mentioned in the old M blog that Katie went caving a few times when she was a few months along. So it doesn't really go along with the 'vision' of female frailty that VF tends to paint, but I guess those women spend so much time pregnant they'd never do anything otherwise.

Also, depending on when these pictures are from, Lise may not have known she was pregnant. I didn't see a date on the post so they may have been in December. It looked like more of a Kendall-thing that Lise was invited to and bought Cleve rather than a Cleve was invited and Addie/Martha weren't. Also we haven't ever seen the Mortongirls in pants, right? I know the Sanders girls can wear pants athletically, but Headship Papa Morton may not find it appropriate.

I think it had to have been after the end of January because Bethany and Danny are there and together, and they didn't get married til the end of January. Granted, they were obviously holding hands, etc, beforehand, but even if Danny's parents were there, I'd be a bit surprised if Papa Smith let his girl go before the last possible second. Also I would imagine December and January would be busy throwing a wedding together, but I suppose it's possible. Also, since they didn't announce the Cleve-Lise pregnancy til the middle of Feb, I suppose it's possible that the trip could have been the beginning of Feb and they didn't know.

I agree that Cleve was there in connection with Lise. However, given the amount of families in attendance I'd be surprised if the Mortons weren't at least invited.

I don't think we've ever seen the Morton girls in pants. Well, we saw Darth in some clamdiggers, once, on a trip to the beach when she and Noah were engaged. However, that was obviously beachwear. But the Sanders girls have moved beyond wearing pants as athletic wear; it's now about 50/50 whether we'll see Abbi and Bekah in jeans (Grace is still more likely to wear skirts). But even in cases when the Sanders girls are all in jeans or pants, Darth still wears skirts all the time at the compound (from what we've seen).

Didn't we see Martha with pants under a dress to swim or slip'n slide or something? They are obviously much more skirts only though, and longer skirts at that. You're way more likely to see the Sanders girls with a shorter skirt and leggings than any more Morton (except I've noticed Darthy rocking a few barely knee length skirts.)

I think the problem with the Mortons' going is that they don't appear to be as financially well off as the other families involved, or as liberal with the sports. It's not going to be a priority to get there if you think it's a waste of money, or you can't afford to put work off.

Oh, wow. So, I went back to check on something and stumbled onto a timeline. See if this makes sense:

February 23 the Sanders post their "Around the World in 3 Days" post. They've been a little delayed in posting, but not extremely so, so I think we can reasonably guess that the events probably happened within a week or two before.

On the evening, of Day 1, the Sanders head over to visit the Mortons. The Kendalls were there for part of that; you can see Christiana in the background of the first picture, and in the comments Christiana says something like "It was great seeing you there." While the Sanders are at the Mortons' house, the Campanas arrive to drop off Ethan and also hang out.

Day 2, the Sanders head to the beach, but stop on the way to say hi to the Roberts family. "They were heading out to go snowboarding and we were headed to the beach."

So, this means that the Morton girls got to hang out with the Campanas and the Kendalls the night before they merrily headed off on a snowboarding trip without them. The Sanders family didn't go, but they were off to have a grand ol' time at the beach.

On February 24 (the day after the Sanders post, and again, presumably within two weeks or less of these events) we got the Jeanine M post about ruling your emotions and thoughts, being content and serving up a good meal for the men, and the girls' Bible study on honoring their mother and father.

Wow, so my basic theory is that the girls wanted to go along with the friends that were going and were shut down. Jeanine can't do it all herself, what with all the daughters-in-law living there pregnant and the men only doing what they have to (which is to say, very little). Not to mention it was probably tossed at them as "something your father deems inappropriate". I'd be throwing a bitch fit too, if I were them.

Wow, so my basic theory is that the girls wanted to go along with the friends that were going and were shut down. Jeanine can't do it all herself, what with all the daughters-in-law living there pregnant and the men only doing what they have to (which is to say, very little). Not to mention it was probably tossed at them as "something your father deems inappropriate". I'd be throwing a bitch fit too, if I were them.

It certainly seems that way. Poor Addie and Martha. This would lend credence to the theory that they'll never be allowed to marry/court so that there is always someone to run the house. I was thinking maybe someday they'd move Rachel/Wes or Kressy/Michael into the main house and that way the daughter in laws could serve as support, but idk.

It certainly seems that way. Poor Addie and Martha. This would lend credence to the theory that they'll never be allowed to marry/court so that there is always someone to run the house. I was thinking maybe someday they'd move Rachel/Wes or Kressy/Michael into the main house and that way the daughter in laws could serve as support, but idk.

I assumed they would marry off one of the girls and keep the other until Andrew and Sam marry, kind of like how they kept Cleve until Andrew got older. Once you get to the last little boys, it's not that many left to take care of. And at that point, you'd have a lot of grandchildren getting old enough to take on chores. But yeah, they may end up the spinster sister if Addie isn't married off in the next few years.

Did you notice that in the Jeanine M post she mentions that the girls are hanging up 5 loads of laundry a DAY? Aren't there only 7 kids at home now? None of which are younger than 7? I could see doing laundry every day, or doing 5 loads a day on a weekend or for one or two days to catch up... is it possible they're making the girls do the laundry for the other families on the compound?

Did you notice that in the Jeanine M post she mentions that the girls are hanging up 5 loads of laundry a DAY? Aren't there only 7 kids at home now? None of which are younger than 7? I could see doing laundry every day, or doing 5 loads a day on a weekend or for one or two days to catch up... is it possible they're making the girls do the laundry for the other families on the compound?

7 "kids" - Addie 20, Martha 19, Andrew (about 16-17), Sam (15), then John, Edwin, and Paul. I'd assume 12-13, 9-10, and 6-7.

At first I wondered if they even put hook ups in the apartments. Cleve and Lise have washer/dryer - you can see it in the pregnancy announcement post.

Rachel has one as well, I'm not sure about Kressant. I do think Rachel was on bed rest part of this pregnancy, which could account for some extra laundry. Although, if they're doing construction and using actual drop clothes that could for part. A load of towels, a load of clothes, a load of regular laundry, a load or two of Rachels and you'd hit about 5 pretty quick. And that's not counting if Rachel cloth diapers.

I'm also guessing the girls might be helping out with Rachel's family, since she's due this month. Otherwise that really does not compute.

I was trying to guess what Rachel will name her daughter.. it will be interesting to see. Kressy went mainstream, Katie's been a bit more old fashioned. I think something with a slight flair to it like Gabriela or Sofia/Sophia.

I'm also guessing the girls might be helping out with Rachel's family, since she's due this month. Otherwise that really does not compute.

I was trying to guess what Rachel will name her daughter.. it will be interesting to see. Kressy went mainstream, Katie's been a bit more old fashioned. I think something with a slight flair to it like Gabriela or Sofia/Sophia.

If it's not Lea/Leah as the first name, then definitely in the middle name. I could see her going with a classic but pretty like Emily or Abigail.

Archived