IGNORED

Santorum compares 2012 election to Hitler/WW II

MandyLaLa

he discussed Americans' uncertainty about entering the war because they hoped Hitler might not be as dangerous as they feared.

"We're a hopeful people," Santorum said. "We think, 'Well, you know it'll get better. Yeah, he's a nice guy. I mean, it won't be near as bad as what we think. This will be okay.' I mean, yeah, maybe he's not the best guy after a while, after a while you find out some things about this guy over in Europe who's not so good of a guy after all. You know what, why do we need to be involved?" Santorum said.

Americans need to get involved in the upcoming election, he said, in the same way they needed to get involved in fighting Hitler in World War II.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... omparison/

WTF? I'm so done with the right using Hitler and/or the Holocaust to draw connections to Obama, Abortion, Universal Health Care etc... etc... etc...

For fucks sake, the Holocaust was a horrible heinous disgusting tragedy and overall crime against humanity. It stands alone as one of if not the worst thing to happen in the history of the modern world.

I will never understand why people are so quick to compare things to it and say that it's happening again with (insert cause of the moment). It's not, there is nothing comparable to it and that is something we should all be fucking thankful for.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Keep talking, Ricky. If by some evil chance, you actually get nominated, you might as well gift-wrap the Presidency and have it delivered to President Obama by Fedex.

Generally, I really try to keep my nastier thoughts about other people in check, and I try very hard not to wish harm on anyone. But for Santorum? Fuck that. I'd be totally cool with him being struck by lightning or run over by a truck or smashed under a giant rock falling from space.

In high school I read Mein Kampf. In the book, Hitler did not hide his prejudice. If I remember correctly, he even wrote that he would go to war with other countries. Nothing Obama has done can be compared to Hitler. Not even close.

Santorum's comparison is not only idiotic but offensive.

Oh, what an idiot. I'm not even mad about this because it was such a self-destructive thing of him to say that it can only be good for the country.

It's awful that making comparisons to Hitler/the Holocaust is so mainstream. But these comments tend to be very easy to shoot down, and they always reflect badly on the speaker. So they usually end up just being a way for people with extreme views to shoot themselves in the foot.

He's trying to incite the people who believe that Obama is going to steal all our bank accounts and declare himself Supreme Overlord Anti-Christ. These people do not need to be incited, and every civilized person in the country damn well knows it. Fuck Frothy.

I am confused is he saying he is Hitler and we should fight him? because that is what I am thinking. Because some people think he is the nice guy but he is a monster in disguise. The guy is lucky he can fit his fat ego in the dugger bus.

Rick needs to go back and learn his history. We got involved with WWII because we were attacked by Japan, not because of Hitler. We knew what Hitler was doing for a long time and chose not to do anything till we got involved in the war because of Japan attacking us.

I am confused is he saying he is Hitler and we should fight him? because that is what I am thinking. Because some people think he is the nice guy but he is a monster in disguise. The guy is lucky he can fit his fat ego in the dugger bus.

That was my first thought. Sounds like he's talking about himself!

Yeah, the whole thing's entirely offensive. I don't think he knows how to be anything else.

So, let me get this straight.

Obama: Very mildly centrist president, rather ineffective due to balance of power and other factors, knew some people more left wing than he is

Hitler: Big mad crazy fascist, plunged Europe into war, had millions of people killed, committed acts of genocide on hitherto unknown scale

Yeah, I see the similarities.

Santorum's shtick is simply spewing out enough of his agenda while he still enjoys the spotlight. Sooner or later, he'll fade to black -- pardon the pun!

This is sickening. Fucking arsewipe needs to visit a concentration camp sometime. Nothing compares to the Nazi regime, and it's an insult to the memory of those who died. Obama's the anti-Hitler. For one thing, he's a black man, which was Not On back then; he's also quite nice to the LGBTQ population, as opposed to having them killed, and I'm pretty sure Obama doesn't want to keep women barefoot and pregnant. No Mother's Crosses here!

This isn't the first extreme comparison that he has made. Didn't he compare health care reform to the guillotine?

I'm asking in all seriousness, could Santorum have mental issues? His over the top comparisons make him seem crazy.

When I read the title I thought it meant that Santorum was comparing himself to Hitler. The fact that this made sense to me is worrying. Santorum's agenda is terrifying enough to me that a comparison to Hitler seems justified. *shiver*

edited to add the last bit because I just read an article on Santorum and that made just a bit more scared

This isn't the first extreme comparison that he has made. Didn't he compare health care reform to the guillotine?

I'm asking in all seriousness, could Santorum have mental issues? His over the top comparisons make him seem crazy.

Unfortunately, there are huge swaths of the country where people think like this, and he's just whipping them up.

Are millions of Americans crazy? I'm beginning to think so.

I found this quote from Santorum

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/ ... ?mobile=nc

SANTORUM: It was a secular revolution on which we relied on the goodness of each other. This is the left’s view of where America should go. And of course where did France go? To the guillotine. To tyranny. If there are no rights that government needs to respect, then what we see with ObamaCare is just the beginning of what government will do to you.

That sounds crazy.

I keep having to remind myself that outside of the extreme right wing of the Republican Party, no one would vote for Santorum.

When I read the title I thought it meant that Santorum was comparing himself to Hitler. The fact that this made sense to me is worrying. Santorum's agenda is terrifying enough to me that a comparison to Hitler is justified.

Nope. Let's be fair here. There are only a few people in history it is reasonable to compare to Hitler. Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot come to mind. Rick Santorum does not.

I found this quote from Santorum

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/ ... ?mobile=nc

That sounds crazy.

I keep having to remind myself that outside of the extreme right wing of the Republican Party, no one would vote for Santorum.

In any other election, I would agree with you. But I dare not underestimate the irrational hatred of President Obama and these haters would probably vote for a fascist to get him out of office (well, a caucasian fascist, anyway).

Guest Anonymous

OMFG WHAT? Comparing an election to Hitler & WWII? This jackass is completely out of his mind, and is insulting Holocaust survivors, soldiers, and people who lived through the Hell that was WWII.

Archived