IGNORED

Not Satisfied/Kidist on Asian fashion designers (MERGE)

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so we have a Speshul Snowflake, raised to believe that she was Not Black and was instead part of a Very Speshul Group destined to run Ethiopia better than any other nasty tribe. Her family seems to have fled the revolution, and blamed All Bad Things on the fall of the emperor.

So...moving to other countries, dealing with winter, not having people recognize her innate specialness, having people confuse her with Actual Black People - all of these horrors originated with the Ethiopian revolution, in which godless lefties overthrew the Divinely chosen ruler of Ethiopia.

Now, most people living in Toronto, sooner or later, pick up the dominant tolerance. Kidist, however, seems to have no friends. She's failed in her career. She's a retail clerk who can't stand her co-workers. She resorts to chatting with wait staff at the local diner, who clearly think she's a nut job. She has weird obsessive thoughts about the neighbors, including worrying about the future sex life of their toddler son. Since she doesn't talk to gays or Asians, and really dislikes Muslims, that doesn't leave very many people in her area of Toronto, except for addicts. So, she lives one helluva lonely life.

She seems to fill the gap by having people in her head, who all agree with her. In her post on the gay Jeopardy contestant, she says that "it threw us ALL for a loop". Um, who is this "all"? She was watching alone. She seems to be talking about the voices in her head, and the reactions that she simply imagines other people to have. Recently, she's been very intent on projecting her views onto others, and trying to explain away why they don't seem to be having the feelings that she assumes they have. She also gets highly agitated by people who fail to appreciate her inner monologue, and has zero insight into how she is seen by others. Other fundie bloggers at least understand that people may not like or agree with them, but Kidist seems oblivious. She literally has no idea why the National Ballet sees her as creepy, why they aren't concerned about Asians taking over, or why a libertarian blogger wasn't flattered by her racist rantings.

Quoted for truth. You really distilled her over arching theme to her posts. BTW, I never was able to dig through her crap and find the part where she describes herself, background and tribe. Could anyone here point me in the right direction?

Quoted for truth. You really distilled her over arching theme to her posts. BTW, I never was able to dig through her crap and find the part where she describes herself, background and tribe. Could anyone here point me in the right direction?

Here are some bits and pieces:

cameraluc.blogspot.com/2011/11/canada-amalgam-of-mediocrity-part-ii.html

www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/015068.html

cameraluc.blogspot.com/2010/04/of-empires-and-nation-building.html

Thank you, thoughtful, for those links. It is amazing to read her mental dissonance. It is like she doesn't realize that those "Non-Amhars" are human beings just like her.

I spent waaay too much of my free time yesterday reading through Kidist's blog, which she started in September 2005. This woman has much too much time on her hands, and (to quote Ann Landers) a geranium in her cranium.

She's been strangely silent today. I have a weird feeling she might have found the links from directing people to her blog and there is going to be an epic rant.

She sounds like a very lonely person. Does she have any friends? Is she close to her family? Has she ever had a boyfriend?

I have a lot of time on my hands right now and have been reading through her archives.

I find it interesting that she used to write only 4-10 articles per month, at the most, in her early years blogging. Then, during the 2008 elections when the racial atmosphere was so charged, her posts jumped to 20-40 per month! She started rambling more about politics, criticizing Hillary Clinton, drooling over Palin (ew!).

I think it's funny how the political atmosphere and allowing racist rhetoric during campaigns (Tea Partiers, some conservatives, etc) can really rile up the racists and encourage them to come out and show their true colors because now they feel like they are justified to do so. Ugh, I hate it.

LOL, so many of the comments wonder whether her blog is parody, because they have a hard time believing it's true.

Ah, if only Kidist were not serious.

That Yeagley is some piece of work. He and Kidist deserve each other.

Come the revolution...

I'm all confused. Is she insulting people for worrying about their weight or insulting them for being "fat"? (Scare quotes all mine because if she thinks that photo of Gail Simmons is anything but gorgeous she's positively deranged.)

That Yeagley is some piece of work. He and Kidist deserve each other.

Come the revolution...

They both have really bad skin. Yes, I'm being shallow.

I'm all confused. Is she insulting people for worrying about their weight or insulting them for being "fat"? (Scare quotes all mine because if she thinks that photo of Gail Simmons is anything but gorgeous she's positively deranged.)

Knowing Kidist, probably both.

And Gail Simmons is gorgeous. Rawr!

A red velvet cupcake has 450 calories? Wow.

And what's wrong with frozen grapes, anyway?

That is probably right, but only because it's from Starbucks. Starbucks food is high in fat/sugar, it's hard to find anything from there under 400 calories unless it's really tiny.

This woman really gets to me for some reason. I know, logically, there are all kinds of people in Toronto and that there have to be some bad ones. At the same time, Toronto is so big and diverse that you can avoid the rotten people easily. So to see this awful person and know she lives in my city, and sometimes eats at Fran's, one of my favorite places and just down the street from where I live...gah. Hopefully I won't run into her, ever.

Who eats pickled ginger, Kidist? Um, me. I have that, wasabi, kimchi and Kirin Ichiban on my shopping list and will be attempting vegetarian donburi shortly. I am sorry everyone isn't as terrified of Teh Asian as you. Actually, no I'm not.

• 2 years later...

cameraluc.blogspot.com/2012/09/sub-par-designs-of-asians-and-their.html

Is Kidist really delusional or just really jealous that Sui and many other Asian designers have more talent than her? I mean, she proudly displays her photos and designs, but from looking at them, it's clear she has, like, zero talent :?

I've written about the Marchesa sisters, and their superior design ability, especially in their area of expertise which is evening gowns.

The 2012 gown designs are now on display in various fashion websites, and I happened to find Ana Sui's latest. I've also blogged about Sui here and here. I've described her design ability thus:

Anna Sui is an Asian fashion designer who has been somewhat under the radar, but has entered the limelight due to some fascination for all things Asian. At the February 2012 New York Fashion Week, her collection of prints don't quite get the grade, as I explain with samples of designs below.

I continue about Sui, and Asian (East Asian) designers:

Asian designers have "almost" moments, as I wrote about Vera Wang's dresses (view my recent entries under "Fashion" for more on this). They are clever at marketing themselves, and also clever at picking up (copying) certain current trends. But their works lack something. It is partly creativity, partly craftsmanship, and the overall effect is oddly inferior work which almost passes as something of quality.

In the same blog post, I deconstruct one of her dresses to show its inferior aesthetics and craftsmanship.

Like many East Asians in Canada and the US, Sui has family which is clearly an admixture of whites and Asians. According to this site, Sui never married, but her "family photo" groups together whites, East Asians adults, with clearly white/Asian offspring.

Below is a photo of Sui and her family. I write here about the family's racial dynamics:

- Various biographical sources write that Sui has two brothers, so it is likely that the two older Chinese men are her brothers.

- One is sitting close to a white woman holding a young child, in the top photograph. She looks like she's the same woman with the child in the bottom photograph, standing next to a man holding another child. These children could be their children, they do have the half Caucasian, half Chinese features, so they must be part of the family at some generational level.

- The other Chinese man, with the his hand on the young girl's shoulder in the bottom photograph, at the far right, could be the girl's father.

The racial Smorgasbord of Sui's Family

I've written here that this offspring is creating a new type of people, here in North America.

As I wrote here:

A "new" kind of people [is]emerging from [Chinese/white coupling]: the Eurasians (white/Asian admixture), who look different, although more Asian than white, and who behave differently (I find them slightly more aggressive and insensitive - to noise, to color, to food tastes, and of course my topic of concern, to beauty). They also tend to group together, so in effect forming a new society. Their strength is also that they draw in Asians from the Asian continent, thus increasing the overall "Asianness" of Canada. There is likely to be a large demographic change in Canada within the next twenty years, with an Asian (including the admixtures) majority or close to majority, rather than a white one.

Someone racist doesn't get that runway designs are extreme concepts, not stuff meant to actually be worn. The elements are exaggerated for greater impact!

She's just jealous. Really jealous. And racist.

I always enjoy how Kidist quotes her own posts as "proof" of whatever she's talking about. If you can't find anyone, literally anyone else to quote, you're probably nuts. And racist.

DGayle, I should not have looked at your avatar before reading. I heard it in Michelle's voice. Eeek!

I feel sad whenever I read Kidist. There is so much hate. It's sad that She thinks we should all stay in our own little boxes: behave according to some rules determined by the colour of our skin and the country we were born in.

I was about to agree with her, and submit a picture of one of my designs as proof positive that Asians have no designing talents. Then I remembered that that's just me, and my lack of talent doesn't represent billions of people. :roll: :cray-cray:

Archived