IGNORED

Not Satisfied/Kidist on Asian fashion designers (MERGE)

GolightlyGrrl

Has this woman ever said even one nice thing about anyone/thing?

How many people here have ever tried anything in a store (whether it was a makeup sample, a lotion sample, perfume sample, or going to Costco to eat all of the free samples (come on, I know I'm not the only one who looks for the samples while I shop!)

Well, aparently, if you try out samples, you must be Asian. Because Asians are the only people in the world who ever try anything.

cameraluc.blogspot.com/2011/10/make-up-for-free.html

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

She's chosen to blame gays/Asians/whoever else for her failure to break into professional design. It's easier to claim that Asians and/or gays have formed a cabal to keep her out, than admit that her designs are too mediocre to have economic viability in the marketplace.

I'm glad she's stupid enough to say these things out loud to people, because someday someone is going to be brave enough to put her in her right place. I can only wish it happens soon.

What a shock! Kidist (moar liek racist) bitches about something she knows absolutely nothing about.

She's one of those people who think everything should match and that certain colours don't "go together". I hate those people. I'm not in fashion, but I do make necklaces. Two of my favourite colour combinations are turquoise/orange and cherry red/peacock blue. Once, I was putting together an outfit for a wedding. I had found a gorgeous cherry red bolero and I wanted a silky peacock blue top for underneath. I expressed this to the sales assistant, who instead of pointing me towards what I requested, stood there as if I'd just shouted obscenities at her and asked "You want to wear those two colours... together? Why would you want to do that?"

She was a Kidist. Worked 'in fashion', thought she knew what colours 'go together'. Well, guess which colour combination sells the best out of all my jewellery? That's right - cherry red and peacock blue. That's followed by turquoise/orange - a combination one of my art teachers told me was an abomination. I guess all those buyers must have my shitty taste.

Apparently, Kidist doesn't understand that Oscar De Le Renta is a haute couture designer and thus caters to a different demographic than Anna Sui - whose prints I actually loved. I particularly liked the one on the left, although I wasn't horrified by the mixture of -gasp- orange and fuchsia (as if that hasn't been done before, dipshit).

PS: Allow me to blow her mind. Here is the stylish Leighton Meester sporting a bright orange Orange De La Renta gown - with FUCHSIA ACCENTS! It looks fucking amazing. She was on the set of Gossip Girl at the time, so she was styled by the show's stylists - who are considered to, well, know their shit. The fashion writer who mentioned this thought it was a pretty great idea too.

70681EP_MEESTER_B-GR_11.jpg

I don't really follow De La Renta (I could never afford his stuff and much of it isn't to my taste), but if I had the time I'm pretty sure that I could easily find the orange/fuchsia mixture amongst his work. Even if Anna Sui's look was far too bold in its use of the two colours for Kidist's tastes, the actual combination pops up all the time - especially whenever jewel tones are in style - even in the couture fashion houses. The way she wrote about it, it sounded as if her issue wasn't just how loud Sui's print was, but the mixture of the two colours itself. Proof positive she knows nothing about art, colour, or fashion.

Vex, I would love to see pictures of your necklaces!

Color-blocking is quite hot right now, so it's not unusual to see turquoise and orange paired together, fuschia and red or yellow and purple. If done properly, color-blocking can be quite striking and chic.

And you're right; Oscar de la Renta and Anna Sui cater to two completely different demographics. Oscar caters to the ladies who lunch crowd and Anna caters to the women who rock crowd. I like both of their designs, and their creative ways.

I can't imagine how Kidist got her job in fashion retail; she shows no discernible sense of style with her art and photography, so I doubt she shows it in her fashion sense. I probably look better in stuff I got from Goodwill than Kidist could in high-end designer outfits.

And did Laura's do a background check on Kidist? Obviously not! There is no way I would hire a bigoted bitch like Kidist, especially in a job that requires dealing with a very diverse public. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe Kidist also has a job at a museum.

She is so weird. There is a kind of coldness about her. For example she'll tell you about dogs in great detail (although she does get upset if they don't react correctly to her) but not about the humans walking them. There's a real failure to connect.

Even fundies will come up with things that bind them together with others "Soooo blessed to meet Mrs XYZ again! Her cupcakes and our time of Godly fellowship and Christian uplift were so fantastic! May God bless her and her family!" Whereas Kidist regards everything with the wariness of a cornered animal, and sometimes outright hostility.

Rather sad, really.

Weird that someone who thinks of themselves as a fashionista and a designer admits that they work at Laura. IMO, Laura is a shop where older ladies buy overpriced polyester dresses and suits. The workmanship is poor quality and don't carry anything risque or interesting.

Two-hour-baby-beating-marathon-Leah also hates Asians playing music!

All sounds of musical instruments, their vibration frequency and the way your brain interprets those frequencies are “good,†in the sense that God created them to begin with. He created sound. He created vibration frequencies and the ability to make them sound different by applying various methods and techniques. Our sinful natures corrupt that which is good. A Christian playing the violin is using those frequencies in a God-ordained way. A Hindu playing the violin corrupts those frequencies, not because it sounds bad, but because he is unsaved.

leahslabyrinth.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/is-music-neutral/

Most unfortunately, she is also Canadian although she seems to devote most of her time blathering on about US politics.

Two-hour-baby-beating-marathon-Leah also hates Asians playing music!

leahslabyrinth.wordpress.com/2011/07/30/is-music-neutral/

Most unfortunately, she is also Canadian although she seems to devote most of her time blathering on about US politics.

But by that logic, God also created the Hindu people, and thereby, Hindu people are good.

This blog isn't really about "me" although I hope my voice is distinct in what, and how, I write.

Oh, absolutely, but possibly not in the ways you intent.

Personalized blogs are really boring, after the initial fascination with who the individual is, so I've always avoided that.

Lord yes. Why would I ever want to follow someone on a personal level?

(personal reminiscence about handing flowers to Emperor Haile Selassie)

The country will never return to monarchy, but ordinary people are yearning for some kind of hierarchical stability, where good men, and good kings, through spiritual and traditional guidance, tried to rule with their best interests at heart.

...could someone explain the point of this blog entry?

Oh, absolutely, but possibly not in the ways you intent.

Lord yes. Why would I ever want to follow someone on a personal level?

(personal reminiscence about handing flowers to Emperor Haile Selassie)

...could someone explain the point of this blog entry?

Well, did YOU ever give flowers to an emperor? Of course not, because you are not as special as Kidist who is the most talented and knowledgeable person to ever grace the planet. We should be glad she lowers herself to share her amazing life and her amazing bits of brilliance with us lowlifes.

Well, [link=http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/62622-Ethiopian-explaining-somalis-to-white-guy-D]this woman's origins explain much of her twisted thinking[/link]. She comes from a culture in which her "non-Negroid" (her words) race discriminates against others in their same country, so I assume she is trying very hard to recreate that in her posts and to associate with what she perceives is the "superior" race in her new country (she lives in Canada now). Obviously unsuccessfully, as she notices and doesn't like it when people discriminate against her (but when she does it, it's okay, I guess). Here's an excerpt:

"How does this Amhara group see itself, historically and culturally? It sees itself as a direct descendant and continuation of the Axumite civilization of northern Ethiopia (1st to 7th century A.D.). It believes its origins are outside of Africa, recognizing its non-African, or I should say non-Negroid, ancestry. But, it still believes its history and presence is intertwined with the continent over several thousands of years.

The Amhara believe that they are the authentic rulers and builders of Ethiopia, and would not readily give that role even to their northern Tigray adversaries. They also strongly believe that other ethnic and racial groups, such as the dominant southern Negroid Oromo, or the Muslim (and Somali) groups in the southeast, do not have the capacity to be rulers and would destroy the country if leadership were in their hands. This sense of duty, nationalism, and confidence in leadership has been the mainstay of the Amhara since their arrival after the demise of the Axumite civilization, and their adherence to Christianity that started with Axumite King Ezana in the 4th century."

Notice that post was directly copied from lawence auster's blog. Many fjinians think non thinking houswife is acttually a lawence auster sock puppet so the fact that they both link overr to kidist is noteworthy. I wonder if kidist knows the truth.

Also massive eyerolls to her assertion that a classy northerrn ethopian would never hit a white person but a trashy southern one would

OT, but I've googled the designers mentioned here and those dresses are amazing.... and amazingly expensive. Is there an approved method for getting designer dresses for cheaper?

I feel bad for her, because she definitely seems to have some sort of mental illness, some kind of disordered thinking process.

The idea of colors going together is kind of stupid. There are no color combinations in nature. Are we going to say that an orange and turquoise parrot is ugly? Does the orange sunset jar against the blue sky in an unpleasant way? Does a purple flower looks just terrible contrasting against its green leaves and stem?

If you aren't a large size, one way to get designer gowns for rent is renttherunway.com. I joined but found they don't do large sizes.

The idea of colors going together is kind of stupid. There are no color combinations in nature. Are we going to say that an orange and turquoise parrot is ugly? Does the orange sunset jar against the blue sky in an unpleasant way? Does a purple flower looks just terrible contrasting against its green leaves and stem?

Bingo. It just shows how little she actually knows about aesthetics and visual arts.

I'm kind of surprised she still has a job working in customer service in the public sector. You'd think she'd have outed herself as a vile, hateful bigot by now.

Well, [link=http://www.somaliaonline.com/community/showthread.php/62622-Ethiopian-explaining-somalis-to-white-guy-D]this woman's origins explain much of her twisted thinking[/link]. She comes from a culture in which her "non-Negroid" (her words) race discriminates against others in their same country, so I assume she is trying very hard to recreate that in her posts and to associate with what she perceives is the "superior" race in her new country (she lives in Canada now). Obviously unsuccessfully, as she notices and doesn't like it when people discriminate against her (but when she does it, it's okay, I guess).

Wonder if she does the "paper bag test" on people, or just decides without it, since she's got such an eye for color. :roll:

It seems that everything she writes is vile.

3 new posts:

1) One about "The tyranny of liberalism." You know, because fighting for equality across genders, races, and sociopolitical lines is so evil. In fact, it's exactly what Jesus would NOT want, because he didn't associate himself with the poor or disenfranchised...oh no, wait, he did. So I guess this posts is all lies.

2) One about how she's mean to her neighbor after she found out he's gay. Gay! As in, doing something that affects no one else but him. How evil. (I hope he closes the elevator door on her every day and then holds it on his floor forever, and she has to walk up the stairs every time.) And she's outraged that gay people would just, like, TELL you they're gay instead of keeping their shameful secret to themselves. How dare they talk about their marriages! Next thing you know we'll be hearing about how they mow their lawns and run errands and brush their teeth at night. How disgusting.

3) Something about some bad photographs she took and that no one cares about.

Ok, so we have a Speshul Snowflake, raised to believe that she was Not Black and was instead part of a Very Speshul Group destined to run Ethiopia better than any other nasty tribe. Her family seems to have fled the revolution, and blamed All Bad Things on the fall of the emperor.

So...moving to other countries, dealing with winter, not having people recognize her innate specialness, having people confuse her with Actual Black People - all of these horrors originated with the Ethiopian revolution, in which godless lefties overthrew the Divinely chosen ruler of Ethiopia.

Now, most people living in Toronto, sooner or later, pick up the dominant tolerance. Kidist, however, seems to have no friends. She's failed in her career. She's a retail clerk who can't stand her co-workers. She resorts to chatting with wait staff at the local diner, who clearly think she's a nut job. She has weird obsessive thoughts about the neighbors, including worrying about the future sex life of their toddler son. Since she doesn't talk to gays or Asians, and really dislikes Muslims, that doesn't leave very many people in her area of Toronto, except for addicts. So, she lives one helluva lonely life.

She seems to fill the gap by having people in her head, who all agree with her. In her post on the gay Jeopardy contestant, she says that "it threw us ALL for a loop". Um, who is this "all"? She was watching alone. She seems to be talking about the voices in her head, and the reactions that she simply imagines other people to have. Recently, she's been very intent on projecting her views onto others, and trying to explain away why they don't seem to be having the feelings that she assumes they have. She also gets highly agitated by people who fail to appreciate her inner monologue, and has zero insight into how she is seen by others. Other fundie bloggers at least understand that people may not like or agree with them, but Kidist seems oblivious. She literally has no idea why the National Ballet sees her as creepy, why they aren't concerned about Asians taking over, or why a libertarian blogger wasn't flattered by her racist rantings.

Ok, so we have a Speshul Snowflake, raised to believe that she was Not Black and was instead part of a Very Speshul Group destined to run Ethiopia better than any other nasty tribe. Her family seems to have fled the revolution, and blamed All Bad Things on the fall of the emperor.

I really think this is the main reason she's the way she is. She was uprooted from a world in which she felt superior to all others and put into a world where she's just another black woman, like all the other black people she previously considered to be beneath her. So what does she do? She turns on them and insists she's not like them, she's part of a special tribe, and tries to recreate her specialness by adopting white-supremacist views because that's the best she can do with what she is.

She seems to fill the gap by having people in her head, who all agree with her. In her post on the gay Jeopardy contestant, she says that "it threw us ALL for a loop". Um, who is this "all"? She was watching alone. She seems to be talking about the voices in her head, and the reactions that she simply imagines other people to have. Recently, she's been very intent on projecting her views onto others, and trying to explain away why they don't seem to be having the feelings that she assumes they have. She also gets highly agitated by people who fail to appreciate her inner monologue, and has zero insight into how she is seen by others. Other fundie bloggers at least understand that people may not like or agree with them, but Kidist seems oblivious. She literally has no idea why the National Ballet sees her as creepy, why they aren't concerned about Asians taking over, or why a libertarian blogger wasn't flattered by her racist rantings.

The bolded part is what puzzles me the most. She dumps her weird views on strangers, and when they predictably don't react as she expects them to (ie, agreeing with everything she says), she continues to talk as if they were being purposely defiant or "secretly agreeing with me but unwilling to share". She's plain OBLIVIOUS to any other views or body language or social cues.

For one, she assumes that all white people secretly agree with her but are too worried about political correctness. Second, all black/Asians (she doesn't mention Hispanics, I assume because she doesn't deal with many) are defiant and wrong and lesser than everyone else, all the time. There is no room for error, no consideration for logic. She just makes a lot of assumptions in her head and has discussions with herself (SHE QUOTES HERSELF ON HER BLOG, IN ALMOST EVERY POST).

If she weren't so openly racist and wrong, I'd feel sorry for the mental illness she obviously has.

Archived