IGNORED

Fundie Sighting....at the Vagina Monologues!!!!!!!

aubrietta

I went to my local university's production of the Vagina Monologues and while waiting in the lobby for the house to open, I overheard a conversation behind me, where several girls were telling another girl that they thought her parents were pushing her into marriage way too young and she was denying it saying "it's what I really want, I don't want to go to school anymore, I want to be a wife and mother." This was obviously an interest piquing conversation to hear, so I turned around to see who this woman was. She was wearing a mid-calf length denim skirt and thick tights, and had really, really long hair - almost down to her bum and no make-up. She was with several normal looking young women who were wearing make-up - one of them had LOTS of it and there were a couple in skinny jeans and one in a short skirt.

Their seats were a row behind mine and I couldn't see them easily, but I did look back a few times, and she had her head down, so I think she was uncomfortable and I looked back during a time when the entire cast and audience was chanting "cunt" she looked horrified, so I doubt if she actually enjoyed the experience, but it had to have been good for her, in one way or another.

I am absolutely dying of curiosity as to how her friends got her to agree to attend the Vagina Monologues, but I was really glad she was there!

Lmao! Maybe she didn't know what it was? Maybe she thought it was some kind of lecture on the vagina? I don't know, but it makes a great story nonetheless.

I went with my husband and his extended family to see one of his relatives perform in the play "For Girls Only", and we sat behind his very conservative aunt who brought along a group from her church. The play involves the characters singing in their underwear, doing unusual crafts with sanitary napkins and tampons, and going out into the audience for spontaneous interaction. It was almost more entertaining to watch the reactions of the church ladies.

Maybe she thought it was the Virginia Monologues or the Virgin Monologues. I still think it's funny. Thanks for sharing, aubrietta!

Archived