IGNORED

Botkins are writing another book and Those who can't-Merged

Lady Elaine

I know this has been said before, but it really bothers me. E and AS have got to realize that they are dying on the fundie vine. It seems so many fundie males marry young ladies and marry young themselves. It must be torture to have being a Godly wife and mother as your only goal in life shoved down your throat your entire life and then... be forced to sit back and watch eveyone else get married while you play Daddy's psuedo-wife.

I grew up in a LDS family. My parents quit the the church when I was young, but I still had the Gospel and Forever Families shoved down my throat growing up. Fast forward to my being 19 and told I probably would never be able to have children and now at 27 (okay, 41) and having no children just a couple of miscarriages...it is a huge struggle.every.day. I just feel so badly for them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this has been said before, but it really bothers me. E and AS have got to realize that they are dying on the fundie vine. It seems so many fundie males marry young ladies and marry young themselves. It must be torture to have being a Godly wife and mother as your only goal in life shoved down your throat your entire life and then... be forced to sit back and watch eveyone else get married while you play Daddy's psuedo-wife.

I grew up in a LDS family. My parents quit the the church when I was young, but I still had the Gospel and Forever Families shoved down my throat growing up. Fast forward to my being 19 and told I probably would never be able to have children and now at 27 (okay, 41) and having no children just a couple of miscarriages...it is a huge struggle.every.day. I just feel so badly for them.

Agreed. It's not just their ages - plenty of women are happily single at their ages, whether they eventually marry OR not. It's the combination of their ages with the culture they're being raised in, and that twisting of expectations you mention.

It's even worse considering that they write advice books. We snark at the idea for good reason, but surely they are not exactly free to just stop playing their assigned roles (social pressure can be a harsh thing, never mind when it's coming from inside such an insular family) and you just KNOW it has to hurt terribly to watch as "fans" of their books achieve the goal of marriage and now surpass the authors, know stuff the authors can't. I mean, some 12 year-old that they gave advice to 10 years ago from a position of "we're older and more knowledgeable" has now gone and married at 22, and expects a baby, while AS & E (that sounds like a bad cable channel!) haven't even kissed a guy yet? That's gotta sting. :think:

Archived