IGNORED

Botkins are writing another book and Those who can't-Merged

Lady Elaine

This time it's about relationships with "boys". What do these grown women who have never had a relationship with a boy or a man outside of their family know about the subject? :roll: Sheesh, won't their father quit using them for money and just let them marry already?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... write a book.

http://visionarydaughters.com/2011/07/w ... other-book

Big Daddy BotkinAS and E are writing a second book. About (wait for it) boys.

It'll be so nice to see them glean from their years of marriage and courtship and use that experience to teach other young SAHDs how... oh, wait.

Again, E looks pretty happy, AS, not so much. Maybe that's just her normal smile??

I know this may not be popular, but I think he likes to keep them around because they are gorgeous and make him look good. I was shocked to see Victoria looking so, er, homely. There is a pic somewhere, he is standing with one of the girls instead of his WIFE, she's kind of in the background. It's almost feels like a polygamous family, Victoria is wife 1 and the Botkinettes are the young sister-wives.

I also think it's weird how they hang all over their brothers in pictures. I am all for physical affection between siblings, but it looks almost romantic at times. Is it just me?

Looks like they're asking for feedback. We, their critics, should ask them legitimate, thought-provoking (but not snarky) questions. I wonder if they'd address them.

The arrogance and irony, they burn...

Anyone going to send them the feedback they seek???

Edited to add: what IS it with grown women the Botkins' age calling themselves "girls," and referring to males in their peer group as "boys???" There comes a point when it seems downright ridiculous. Methinks they've jumped the SAHD shark.

I agree, caelem... AS' smile never seems genuine. E seems to be happy being single, playing around, touring and speaking at conferences, whereas AS just wants to settle down and live simply. I really do pity her.

Looks like they're asking for feedback. We, their critics, should ask them legitimate, thought-provoking (but not snarky) questions. I wonder if they'd address them.

THIS.

Of course, they won't actually address our critiques, they'll just set up straw men and stereotypes. That is if Daddy Botkin even lets them see the ebil feminist emails (you know he screens them).

Why would anyone want relationship advice from someone who has never had any experience with "boys." Oh well, these are the same girls whose parents follow everlasting-singleton Bill Gothard's schtick, so le sigh....

I know this may not be popular, but I think he likes to keep them around because they are gorgeous and make him look good. I was shocked to see Victoria looking so, er, homely. There is a pic somewhere, he is standing with one of the girls instead of his WIFE, she's kind of in the background. It's almost feels like a polygamous family, Victoria is wife 1 and the Botkinettes are the young sister-wives.

I also think it's weird how they hang all over their brothers in pictures. I am all for physical affection between siblings, but it looks almost romantic at times. Is it just me?

Far from being unpopular, I think that's what many of us have agreed on. They're pretty, make lots of money, and get him plenty of attention. Why would he want to separate with that? I think there's a lot of emotional incest going on in some of these families.

I will give someone ten dollars to send them the following email:

Dear Ana Sofia and Elizabeth,

Hi! I am such a big fan of your work and I love the godly example you set in all that you do. I was wondering if you could use the next book to address singleness and concerns about the future. I mean, I know that if I were 26 and still not courting or married, I would be devastated! Most good Christian men seem to marry girls much younger than 26! But you both seem fine with the idea that you might live at home with your daddy and mommy until they pass. How do you keep from worrying that you will never be able to be married and have children, that your time has already passed and that opportunity is gone?

And for girls who never get married, where do they go to live after their parents get too sick to live at home or pass on? Will you go be keepers of the home for your brothers? What if they are already married to their helpmeet? I just need to know what my options are in case I don't meet anyone and I end up single at 26, like you two!

I'm a bitch.

Such a foreign and scary, scary world they live in. As others have said and that is obvious, how can they possibly write about interaction with men (I refuse to say boys because unless they are talking of children under 18 they are using child-speak with intent and I find it degrading to men) when they have no experience? It makes my brain itch. They may as well write about car maintenance for all their experience. It's probably about the same. I don't think someone needing a safe, reliable car would take their advice on the car, so why and how can anyone convince themselves to listen to them on interaction with men?

My guess is that they use "boys" because their target market are the girls (literally) whose parents somehow think this is all logical & legit.

I wish now I'd sidled up to AS at the Serven-Loomis nuptials (which included bridesmaids! and singing! and a license from the state!) and given them my card. I way more resemble Vicki than anybody, so nobody would've suspected a thing.

If Geoffy were confident in his Renaissance Manly Expertness & Patriarchability, he would permit the Galz to marry Gawdly Patriarchs (j.g.) and bring the SILs on as his lefftenants, on a level with the married Botkin boys (typo but it stays).

Geoff would also get Vicki a slight freshening-up* and appear with her as the Abraham and Sarah of the Age. I'm not sure what procedure Vicki needs. I think she's in danged goodform for her age & all she's been through.

*You know Dr. Vernier could get a deal with a plastic surgeon who owes him one.

Quote:

Dear Ana Sofia and Elizabeth,

Hi! I am such a big fan of your work and I love the godly example you set in all that you do. I was wondering if you could use the next book to address singleness and concerns about the future. I mean, I know that if I were 26 and still not courting or married, I would be devastated! Most good Christian men seem to marry girls much younger than 26! But you both seem fine with the idea that you might live at home with your daddy and mommy until they pass. How do you keep from worrying that you will never be able to be married and have children, that your time has already passed and that opportunity is gone?

And for girls who never get married, where do they go to live after their parents get too sick to live at home or pass on? Will you go be keepers of the home for your brothers? What if they are already married to their helpmeet? I just need to know what my options are in case I don't meet anyone and I end up single at 26, like you two!

Delicious! Send it! Send it!

Considering all of these questions they are asking, I think they want others to write the book for them!

I'm a bitch.

Then I'm a bitch too because I would love to see the reply to this letter or even a screen shot of them reading the email :lol:

Considering all of these questions they are asking, I think they want others to write the book for them!

Oh, I feel like Voldebot will have a great deal of influence over this book.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, I feel like Voldebot will have a great deal of influence over this book.

I think his influence will include writing the damn thing.

i keep looking at that picture of AS and E looking at their laptop with those smiles on their faces, and I am picturing them defrauding themselves by looking at a naked man on the screen. :D

i figured out who AS reminds me of, the woman who plays Hank's ex on Californication.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me being cynical, but who here thinks that the release of the book is going to coincide with the announcement of a Botkinette wedding?

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me being cynical, but who here thinks that the release of the book is going to coincide with the announcement of a Botkinette wedding?

If so it would have to be Elizabeth. She's been looking less "dead eyed" lately.

I hope so! But it could take them a year or so to finish the book, and that'd be a pretty long courtship/engagement by Botkin standards.

Archived