IGNORED

Santorum Backer: Asprin between knees = Contraception

shesinsane

where married women don't use birth control, nor women for health reasons. The only women who use birth control are sluts, and should keep their legs closed.

He went on: “On this contraceptive thing, my Gosh it’s such [sic] inexpensive,†he added. “You know, back in my days, they used bare aspirin for contraception. The gals put it between their knees, and it wasn’t that costly.â€

Your daily dose of outrage courtesy of:

politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/foster-friess-in-my-day-gals-put-aspirin-between-their-114730.html

**edited to add that Foster Friess is a big financial supporter of Rick "Frothy" Santorum**

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone oughta chop off his penis as a form of birth control.

ikr? If women are all squeezing their legs shut, then it's not like he's going to have a use for it.

Oh, but wait. If we eliminate him from the reproductive pool for being a dumbass, isn't the right going to pounce on that as "eugenics"?

Yeah. That worked out so well that according to someone on twitter, the teen birth rate in Friess's time went up 78% between 1940 and 1957. I know a lot of those births were because a lot of women got married really young and got pregnant right away in those days but you know a lot of them were also because of teenage girls having sex out of wedlock and the girl didn't end up marrying the father.

Why do people want to vote for him? Do they not realise he's dragging America into Saudi Arabia?

It pains me that people that stupid get into power.

A twitterer (tweeter?) was reported to have tweeted that this guy should keep an aspirin between his lips so he doesn't speak. Good idea.

I merged the two topics.

where married women don't use birth control, nor women for health reasons. The only women who use birth control are sluts, and should keep their legs closed.

Your daily dose of outrage courtesy of:

politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/foster-friess-in-my-day-gals-put-aspirin-between-their-114730.html

**edited to add that Foster Friess is a big financial supporter of Rick "Frothy" Santorum**

That's funny!

My mom said when she was in high school (early to mid 60's) her grandmother stayed with them while Grandma and Grandpa were on a trip. Some boys came to visit, and one of the girls was sitting on one of the boys laps. They were just really good friends, no hanky panky, but my Great Grandma pulled out the life magazine and said that the only way a girl could sit on a boys lap was if she sat on a Life Magazine. Presumably because if something rose to the occasion no one would be the wiser?

I thought it was funny to hear that...and I remember my Great Grandma always being a total kick. My mom adored her.

Wow, I've never heard of that one!

I remember when I was in middle school there was an urban legend going around that spraying Lysol up your twat was an effective method of birth control. I also remember hearing that some soda (I think it might have been Dr. Pepper) worked too. It's amazing the crazy things people will believe about birth control

First thought: Republican, Santorum, contraception, nothing to see here, move along.

Second thought: Aspirin? Whaa? Oh, between the knees. Nothing new, move along.

Third Thought: Foster Friess? Aw, shit. He's the one my office is trying to get cozy with him, despite my warnings that he's psychotic.

I have no doubt that he and his ass clown contemporaries are perfectly aware of the role birth control plays in the life of married women. They just don't give a fuck, since their ultimate agenda is to have us all at home knocked up.

Also, this sort of glaring omission doesn't hold them back one bit, since many evangelicals give about 5 seconds to their opinions before they go on a crusade to shove them down everyone else's throats.

A twitterer (tweeter?) was reported to have tweeted that this guy should keep an aspirin between his lips so he doesn't speak. Good idea.

I merged the two topics.

Beautiful answer. I couldn't have said it better.

Too bad Friess' mother didn't use the aspirin trick.

This is a really, really insulting statement. The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

My mom said it was a dime behind the knees.

Yes, and the priest I had for religion at a Catholic women's college said it was a dime too, which is thinner and much harder to keep between the knees.

Yes, and the priest I had for religion at a Catholic women's college said it was a dime too, which is thinner and much harder to keep between the knees.

If it fell, weren't you supposed to call your parents with it?

Wow, I've never heard of that one!

I remember when I was in middle school there was an urban legend going around that spraying Lysol up your twat was an effective method of birth control. I also remember hearing that some soda (I think it might have been Dr. Pepper) worked too. It's amazing the crazy things people will believe about birth control

Ah yes, the 'ol Coca-Cola douche after sex so you don't get pregnant legend. I remember hearing that as well. I also remember hearing that Coke can be used to remove rust or battery acid or some automotive type thing. Thanks, but if it can be used as an industrial strength solvent, me and my ladyparts will have to pass. :shock:

I'm with doggie on this one ( ha ! perfect name for this topic :lol: ) ... I'm pretty sure I could have had a dime safely between my knees while conceiving at least one of my kids... TMI ..I know, but c'mon.. how could people not immediately think about the ways babies can be made with knees safely closed :roll:

The good thing about how incredibly extreme the anti-contraception crowd has become is that it would hopefully make it impossible for them to get actually elected .. right ?? RIGHT ?? :shock: If even the vast majority of Catholic women use birth control, it has to be nearly 100% of women who use birth control at some point .. including virtually all married women.

Archived