IGNORED

Kirk Cameron and "Strict Female Rule"

Lady Elaine

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet he uses the "appearence of evil" argument.

Blergh. He shouldn't appear with children, then, people might think he's a pedophile.

Two can play this game.

I love this pic of Kirk Cameron's 41th birthday! :lol: :lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/sto ... 34689.html

Couldn't bending over like that with his backside practically in that girl's face be misconstrued (in Kirkworld)?

No weirder than worrying about a picture with a woman with both of you fully clothed and in a public place being misconstrued.

This has definitely been my experience. I'm sure plenty of folks had actual drug and alcohol problems, but there's definitely pressure for you to make yourself seem far more intensely 'sinful' than you were for your ~*testimony*~. A brief period of experimentation with weed becomes a history of wild partying or whatever, that's a common one I've witnessed.

I'll never forget the dramatic story of one youth pastor who 'didn't know who he was anymore' after a few months in a Christian fraternity where once a week they had a poker night with beer.

Isn't the whole 'getting saved' from drug-addiction or alcoholism or abusive/divorced parents a tad bit cliche and melodramatic?

It seems like all the 'testimonies' given from the new converts is all about living a life of sinfulness or self-destruction, troubled livelihood, or dabbling into 'black magic' or hedonism. Either that or it was just plain ignorance of God and some depression and other things that are negative and whatever.

I have my suspicions about whether he was an atheist. He has no idea what atheism entails or what they believe.

That was my point. :P

Atheists, in regards to deities, lack a belief. I am not sure how someone could be a 'devout' atheist.

OH BOY AM I EVER A DEVOUT NON-STAMP COLLECTOR! I JUST LOVE NOT COLLECTING STAMPS! I AM SO DEDICATED TO IT!

What a fucking moron.

But I digress. This is also the guy who thought that bananas were proof of god because of their shape. Not realising that the bananas we buy to eat were engineered over the last few hundred years. Wild bananas are inedible and a different shape.

Isn't the whole 'getting saved' from drug-addiction or alcoholism or abusive/divorced parents a tad bit cliche and melodramatic?

I know, right. Get some new material!

Here's my testimony: my parents were abusive and I've done my share of experimenting with drugs and whatnot, but now I'm still an atheist and I feel good about my life even though I'm drunk right now. omg

That was my point. :P

Atheists, in regards to deities, lack a belief. I am not sure how someone could be a 'devout' atheist.

OH BOY AM I EVER A DEVOUT NON-STAMP COLLECTOR! I JUST LOVE NOT COLLECTING STAMPS! I AM SO DEDICATED TO IT!

What a fucking moron.

*nods*

The ones which always piss me off:

"Avowed atheist". Who did s/he make the vows to?

"Self declared atheist". Well, no one else was going to do the declaring, were they? It's not like strangers go up to someone in the street, poke them in the chest and go "See you? You're an atheist, pal."

*nods*

The ones which always piss me off:

"Avowed atheist". Who did s/he make the vows to?

"Self declared atheist". Well, no one else was going to do the declaring, were they? It's not like strangers go up to someone in the street, poke them in the chest and go "See you? You're an atheist, pal."

Thus proving most people have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

You're such a phony.

Ouch!

I guess you and I can agree on one thing: We'll never agree. I am a little taken-aback by the name-calling, though. Loving FJ as I do, I try to keep on good terms as much as possible with persons while criticizing ideas. Either I personally insulted or attacked you somewhere along the way, or we also disagree on the persons/ideas differential. If I'm guilty of something personal, I apologize, sincerely. If it's just another way that we see things differently, so be it.

Guest Anonymous

Given the current state of his career, he should be maudlinly grateful that ANYONE, male or female, will agree to be photographed with him.

Ouch!

I guess you and I can agree on one thing: We'll never agree. I am a little taken-aback by the name-calling, though. Loving FJ as I do, I try to keep on good terms as much as possible with persons while criticizing ideas. Either I personally insulted or attacked you somewhere along the way, or we also disagree on the persons/ideas differential. If I'm guilty of something personal, I apologize, sincerely. If it's just another way that we see things differently, so be it.

You've always seemed quite genuine to me MJB.

Given the current state of his career, he should be maudlinly grateful that ANYONE, male or female, will agree to be photographed with him.

Idk, he is pretty popular (so I hear) in various Christian circles. I am sure he gets money for sucking Ray Comfort's cock all the fucking time like he does.

Growing Pains is one of those Pop Culture things I don't know anything about since it was banned in my house. One of these days I need to sit down and watch bunches of stuff from the 80's early 90's so I know what people are talking about. LOL

Growing Pains is one of those Pop Culture things I don't know anything about since it was banned in my house. One of these days I need to sit down and watch bunches of stuff from the 80's early 90's so I know what people are talking about. LOL

Why would you want to torture yourself?? It wasn't a very good show then, I imagine it is even worse now.

I would, however, rewatch it just to laugh at the ridiculous things we wore back then.

Candace also, for the last three or so years, had a role on the ABC Family (don't let the name of the channel fool you; it's only still Family because there's a clause that prevents them from changing it, they're aimed at teens) show Make It or Break It. Where she - gasp! - had to KISS a few different actors who were love interests. However, her character was a super-Christian who was born again and was waiting for marriage to have sex. Thankfully, they've ditched her for the show's last season, because she was terrible and had zero chemistry with anyone.

Yay. She was so preachy and irritating, and I can't help but feel like she only agreed to do the show because the character was so much like her IRL.

These men baffle me. I would be pretty damn worried about the state of my marriage if my husband acted like this, or took it to Billy Graham levels where he couldn't even be alone in a room with another woman because he didn't want to succumb to temptation. Umm, how can you possibly trust someone with so little self-control?

This shit is just as insulting to men as it is to women.

I can't wait for Kirk to fall. It's got to be a matter of time before something more substantiated than a rumor surfaces.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/kirk-cameron-joins-rick-warren-billy-graham-on-strict-female-rule-69218/

Cameron, who was there to speak about his new documentary "Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure," was reported to have a strict rule of not taking photos with a woman alone. The actor and Christian evangelist was being interviewed by Washington Examiner's political gossip columnist Nikki Schwab when TWT's opinion editor Emily Miller tried to take a photo of Cameron talking to Schwab, according to Mediabistro.

But one of Cameron's people reportedly quickly pushed Miller to prevent the photo (she has a blurry photo instead). His people reportedly told Miller that "He can't be photographed alone with a woman."

They pushed her? Shoved her?? WTF????

These men baffle me. I would be pretty damn worried about the state of my marriage if my husband acted like this, or took it to Billy Graham levels where he couldn't even be alone in a room with another woman because he didn't want to succumb to temptation. Umm, how can you possibly trust someone with so little self-control?

This shit is just as insulting to men as it is to women.

Yes, this. I don't understand how these men feel that they cannot "control" themselves around women. Seriously?? I don't even know what they need to control themselves from - is the only thing keeping them from sexually assaulting a woman - any woman - their own fragile self-control?? I guess all women are consenting and sexually available to men like Kirk Cameron... Is simply finding a woman (other than their wives) attractive "succumbing to temptation??"

I can - and often do! - find men attractive and yet have absolutely no inclination toward taking any action on the matter. I was recently very defrauded by Channing Tatum when he hosted SNL, and (other than briefly contemplating seeing his horrible-looking G.I. Joe film) that didn't affect my marriage in the least. I know one of the main reasons my husband enjoys "Up All Night" is his ongoing childhood crush on Christina Applegate. I also know he finds one of my girlfriends attractive (she's gorgeous), and he knows I describe one of my bosses as "lawyer hot" (not to be confused with actually hot). Again, none of this affects our marriage in the least. Well, other than the merciless teasing.

I also don't give a crap if my husband is alone with another woman. We both work with and are friends with both sexes. One of my closest, longest friendships is with a (straight!) man, and I know my husband couldn't care less (I don't care about his female friendships either). I trust him- he has never done anything to make me think otherwise!

The state of fundie marriages must be awfully sad indeed.

Archived