IGNORED

I'm ruined. Bought a jean skirt.

clibbyjo

I'm sure that I could pass for a fundie as long as I kept my opinions to myself.

I'm pretty sure that's the boat I'm in, too. When I was in classes one day, I mentioned FJ. All who know me are well aware of my obsession, and I used the Duggars to illustrate a point I was making about Panopticism. But because I dress modestly, the is one of my cohort who is now convinced that I'm fundie, even though I've tried tellIng her I dress this way due to my feminist mindset. And really, anyone who talks to me for thirty seconds tosses the idea right out the window.

But, yes, I must confess that I own three denim skirts. In my own defense, I rarely wear two of them because even they are just to ugly for words. And I do shop at the Salvation Army as I'm a poor starving college student. The Goodwill around here is just too expensive.

Wow, I've been lurking since the 19 children were 16 children and I finally made my first post. :dance:

I ripped a large hole in my favorite denim skirt a couple weeks ago while I was at work. One of my very fashionable gay friends noticed and declared me a fashion emergency. Thankfully he also then walked behind me all the way to the ladies room (so nobody could see my Halloween underwear with "Trick or Treat" emblazoned across the rear end) where I was able to sew it up with a sewing kit someone had in their desk. The worst part was that the hole wasn't on a seam, but rather on a butt cheek. It was dubbed "The Fart Hole" and my patch job made it look like I not only had a second buttcrack, but that I had a second buttcrack afflicted with a wedgie.

I loved that denim skirt, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust one again.

I had a floor length denim skirt from the Gap a few years ago. It had an above the knee front slit that was quite defrauding! I tried to pin it closed to the knee due to dress-code regulations, but it resisted the restraint.

Archived