IGNORED

I'm ruined. Bought a jean skirt.

clibbyjo

:oops:

I was at Goodwill and here was a heavy floorlength dark jean skirt I thought would be good for winter. I am sad to say I tried it on AND BOUGHT IT. Excuses range from "it was $4" to "my jeans don't fit since I gained weight!"

Its this freaking board!!! I always thought my great fashion sense would keep me strong and only in nice Goodwill things. Now, I am ONE OF THEM. The daily viewings of them have desensitized me to the horror!

I have already given myself rules like "can only wear at home". NO trips to Wal-Mart in said skirt, etc... My friends would never let me live it down if they knew, they know my obsession with the fundies.

I secretly think it will be warm this winter, and I WILL fashion it up, I promise! :shhh:

I have jean skirt, but it is a pencil skirt that is slightly above knee length with a several inch slit in the back, so I'm pretty sure I defraud many a fundie when I wear it.

Denim skirts are warm. It's one of the few traces of my fundie past I still wear. The vests and frumpers were easy to send away, but a denim skirt with cute boots and the right scarves or jewelry are fine. Just don't wear it with a baggy shapeless sweater - or even worse, one of those baggy pastel sweatshirts that has a little lace collar to supposedly make the horror look feminine!

Oh hell, i'm guilty as sin, wear jean skirts AND frumpers all the time, I'm fat and fifty and they are cheap and they fit and are comfy. Of course I open my mouth and that totally dispels any image of fundiness....

I vote it's time to take back the denim skirt! We can reclaim it from the fundies!

Oh hell, i'm guilty as sin, wear jean skirts AND frumpers all the time, I'm fat and fifty and they are cheap and they fit and are comfy. Of course I open my mouth and that totally dispels any image of fundiness....

Yep, me too but 10 years younger. I get mistaken for fundy until I either open my mouth or light up. Trying to quit smoking but I doubt I ever can quit my smart mouth.

Clibby, I love my frumpers and long jean skirts and comfort the win but it can be really freeing wearing them too. I just can't put in words why but kind of like wearing a dress that can take the rough and tumble of 5 sons and 3 dogs and still be able to go out to a relaxed dinner in it.

And I agree, lets take back the jean skirts and make it ours!

Hey, I like denim skirts! I have 2. But I also have a lot of hippie-ish shirts (or else somewhat low cut--the shirt I have on now is one hand width below my collar bone, gasp!) to go with them. :)

I have two. :D A cooler one for the summer and a warmer one for the winter. They're pretty comfy, and unlike shorter skirts, I don't have to watch how I'm sitting too much. Just pair it with an ironic T-shirt if you're worried about being mistaken for a fundie.

Actually, with a tank top and lots of big, chunky jewelry, it's kind of boho and cute, if you're into that kind of thing. I wear long skirts and dresses most of the time, and have avoided having been mistaken for a fundie so far.

Its this freaking board!!! I always thought my great fashion sense would keep me strong and only in nice Goodwill things. Now, I am ONE OF THEM. The daily viewings of them have desensitized me to the horror!

After being on Free Jinger, I had a similar experience. I went to the doctor and we were talking about my late husband. (He passed over 3 years ago.) Then my doctor says: "Don't worry, someday you'll remarry and be a good HELPMEET to your next spouse!" :scared-eek:

I knew the term "help meet" had something to do with being a good (read: mindlessly obedient) wife. But, didn't fully understand the terminology. Now that I know all about it--I'm even more freaked out by the statement. (But, he's a good doctor, so I'm not gonna change offices. I'll just make sure not to talk about marriage around him anymore...lol)

Uh oh, clibbyjo. Buying a denim skirt is the first step on the descent into full-fledged fundiehood. Soon you'll be purposing to use nouns as verbs! :P

Nah, you can totally make it bohemian rather than fundie. You looked more bohemian than fundie when you went to see the Maxwells, and that's a compliment. :)

As long as you don't start using words like "encourage" or "purpose" and keep away from tator tot casserole you should be fine. If you start thinking a crunchy perm would be the way to go...post an emergency thread and we can pray it away!

I also totally tried a floor length one from Goodwill too because of this board. It was Gap brand, but OMG I couldn't walk! :D

I would love to have a long jean skirt. The only ones I find in Finland are short-short teen jean skirts or ugly knee-length skirts. Damn.

I saw a perfect long jean skirt yesterday and I heard she spoke English with American accent. I didn't have opportunity to ask where she found and bought that skirt. :(

I've been looking for one, I work with kids and am in a casual friday place where everyone wears jeans, but since i don't wear pants I usually look too dressed up, since even skirts seem to look dressed up when everyone else is in jeans, you know? So I figured a denim skirt would be good, and it'll probably be ankle length since that tends to be what i wear.

Except I'll wear it with an awesome top and great big black boots and simple yet polished hair and makeup!

We can't wear demin skirts or any kind of headscarf/bandana where I live, without someone thinking you must be an Exclusive Bretheren. :( I know some shops stock denim skirts just for the EB clientel

I would love to have a long jean skirt. The only ones I find in Finland are short-short teen jean skirts or ugly knee-length skirts. Damn.

I saw a perfect long jean skirt yesterday and I heard she spoke English with American accent. I didn't have opportunity to ask where she found and bought that skirt. :(

We all should take Soldevi's size and wants in a long jean skirt and keep our eyes open while at the goodwills or garage sales.

:oops:

I was at Goodwill and here was a heavy floorlength dark jean skirt I thought would be good for winter. I am sad to say I tried it on AND BOUGHT IT. Excuses range from "it was $4" to "my jeans don't fit since I gained weight!"

I have already given myself rules like "can only wear at home". NO trips to Wal-Mart in said skirt, etc... My friends would never let me live it down if they knew, they know my obsession with the fundies.

I secretly think it will be warm this winter, and I WILL fashion it up, I promise! :shhh:

Welcome to the dark side :lol: They are wonderfully comfortable - cool in summer, warm in winter. Now, what you need to to is wear it with a completely defrauding top; peep hole bra or something :lol:

I live where it's warm most of the year & wear skirts constantly - and most of them are denim, all are mid-calf or longer in length. On top I wear T-shirts or short-sleeve blouses. It's much cooler outfit than wearing pants of any kind, including capris. The mid-calf length means that I can walk, sit, climb on board a bus, and other activities without being too worried over anything showing. At my age, it's best that way!

I'm sure that I could pass for a fundie as long as I kept my opinions to myself.

Guest Anonymous

I bought one last summer, before I discovered FJ. In the UK they don't have fundie connotations, but in my head things are now different.... :oops: :lol:

Mine is a straight style from Boden (cheap on ebay) and it is so comfy with a t-shirt and fit flops. No headcovering, I promise! :shifty:

When I bought my first long denim skirt my mother started calling me (insert my first name) Duggar. :) Sadly enough, now I have 3 long denim skirts and multiple long hippy-esque skirts.

Good to see I am not alone! Mine is drying on the clothes line now and will be ready to wear by tomorrow.(thats right, little miss homemaker has clothes on the line and I even have a vintage apron to hold my clothpins) Anyone want to have a "how to wear a jean skirt "thread this week? I would love to see how everyone "cool's it up"! :)

Archived