IGNORED

Anoka-Hennepin votes to replace "neutrality" policy

prairiemuffin

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/139244228.html

"Those who spoke in favor of keeping the neutrality policy said they worry that children from conservative Christian families will feel censored and shamed if they criticize homosexuality.

Others continued to argue that homosexuality is a dangerous "lifestyle choice" and that sexuality education belongs only in the home. They said ending the former policy, often referred to as the neutrality policy, will create an opening for "homosexual activists" to push an agenda in the classroom.

Parents Action League President Laurie Thompson said the proof of that is in her own son's experience.

"Even the [former policy] didn't stop self-righteous, progressive teachers from bringing homosexual propaganda into the classrooms," she said, drawing gasps from some in the room."

:doh:

In regards to the "homosexual propaganda", you're right on, Laurie Thompson. Really, it's lucky that we have you to point out such things. Those poor educators in your district, having to deal with this for so long, not able to bring their homosxual propaganda into the classrooms, when that's really why they became teachers in the first place.

http://www.startribune.com/local/north/139244228.html

"Those who spoke in favor of keeping the neutrality policy said they worry that children from conservative Christian families will feel censored and shamed if they criticize homosexuality.

They should be censored and shamed.

Schools actively restrict free speech when it interferes with the environment of the school. If you don't believe me, tell a teacher to Fuck Off and see what happens.

These parents and their children need to get over the idea that religious liberty includes their perceived God-given right to oppress others.

They should be censored and shamed.

Schools actively restrict free speech when it interferes with the environment of the school. If you don't believe me, tell a teacher to Fuck Off and see what happens.

These parents and their children need to get over the idea that religious liberty includes their perceived God-given right to oppress others.

:text-+1:

Those who spoke in favor of keeping the neutrality policy said they worry that children from conservative Christian families will feel censored and shamed if they criticize homosexuality.

The irony, it burns.

So, it's okay for gay children to feel censored and shamed, but we need policies in place to keep critics of homosexuality from feeling that way.

Here's a suggestion: nobody comments on anyone else's sexual orientation. That way, no one gets their feelings hurt.

The irony, it burns.

So, it's okay for gay children to feel censored and shamed, but we need policies in place to keep critics of homosexuality from feeling that way.

Here's a suggestion: nobody comments on anyone else's sexual orientation. That way, no one gets their feelings hurt.

My husband and I were just talking about this the other day. I honestly have zero recollection of anything even remotely related to homosexuality being presented to us in our public high school (I'm in my 20s so it wasn't THAT long ago.) Health class dealt briefly with how babies are made and different types of sexually transmitted diseases, but that was like 10% of the total curriculum, which also talked about other diseases and nutrition, exercise, etc. I have no idea where these crazy people are getting the idea that public schools are somehow Gay Indoctrination Facilities when I don't even remember it ever being mentioned.

From my own perspective of course I feel that sex education in public schools is lacking and should include acceptance of every student's sexuality, but I just can't see what these people are complaining about. Maybe my experience was unusual but if anything the curriculum I was exposed to would have been far more isolating to a gay student than a conservative christian one.

Archived