IGNORED

Border Patrol Stop

gustava

Came through a Border Patrol funnel on I-10 in New Mexico this morning. Cute Border Patrol guy asked me if I was a US citizen, I said yes, he said have a nice day and waved me through.

Did I like being asked if I'm a citizen of my own country? Not particularly.

Do I think this is the most effective way to catch drug smugglers and illegal immigrants? Not particularly.

Was I rude? Of course not.

But then, I'm not the Pissing Preacher.

Your reaction was that of a normal person. It's the exact same reaction I have when I have to go through the Border Patrol stops when driving to San Diego. Except I usually have to yell at my kids to not throw treats to the nice doggies outside the car (because any type of attention from the drug dogs is bad attention).

I go to a weekend event in Potrero, CA every Memorial Day weekend, and that place is less than 5 miles north of the Mexican border, so there is a Border Patrol checkpoint that everyone has to stop at. The officers there are always polite, and since I'm polite to them, they just wave me through and tell me to have a nice day.

I remember the 'safety check' at the Hoover Dam' before the overpass was finished. Everyone was polite and courteous. Not exactly border patrol but still ebil gov't security.

I can't remember the last time I got stopped at the Border Control Checkpoint on the I5 north of San Diego. You slow down and they wave you through. My husband on the other hand gets stopped everytime in his work van. They check under it, open the doors and clear him and after about 5 minutes he's on his way.

Your reaction was that of a normal person. It's the exact same reaction I have when I have to go through the Border Patrol stops when driving to San Diego. Except I usually have to yell at my kids to not throw treats to the nice doggies outside the car (because any type of attention from the drug dogs is bad attention).

I know this is probably something you already know, but why do the kids throw treats at random dogs? It's really not a good thing to do. (and I'd be pissed if I found that somebody had been giving my cats treats without my permission, especially the one with food allergies.)

Archived