IGNORED

According to Santorum, Women can Cause Distractions

Anxious Girl

Well, women are already risking their lives in combat zones. A little encouragement and acknowledgement from these "patriotic" Americans would be much appreciated. Also, as others noted, the combat missions we engage in don't consist only of "Black Hawk Down" scenarios. Much of it requires engaging in daily, mundane contact with civilians. In many societies where neither men nor soldiers are welcomed, a woman may be the only one welcomed. I think by ballyhooing the idea that women should not engage in combat roles----even as many risk their lives in combat-like conditions----it marginalizes the women who are risking their lives every day. Despite all their genuflecting towards the military, fundies appear to continue policies that harms the men and women who serve in it.

My former military friend was in combat, in the early days of the Iraq war when it was really dangerous. She was classified as "support staff" but she was going out on missions with a gun, getting shot at, she just does not get the awards or any of the benefits that come with it.

You're right. That would be mean. Can we lock him in a sewage treatment plant in the middle of August instead?

*rubs hands* I know the perfect place...sewage treatment plant on the northwest side of Mesa, Arizona. In August. Yup.

That would be an insult to human waste. I vote we just evaporate him with those sci-fi ray gun things.

If we do that, he'd vaporize, and someone might try breathe his particles in. What about we stick him in cryogenic stasis, and let the humans in 1,000 years deal with him?

If we do that, he'd vaporize, and someone might try breathe his particles in. What about we stick him in cryogenic stasis, and let the humans in 1,000 years deal with him?

I think we should strap him to a rocket and launch him into space. let aliens deal with him. well that could make them hostile to us if they revive him.

I think we should strap him to a rocket and launch him into space. let aliens deal with him. well that could make them hostile to us if they revive him.

You really want Frothy having the honor of making first contact? We'd be nuked (a la BSG) for sure! Hell....he might even become the basis for [link=http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Number_One]Number One![/link]

first contact with the sun it is the only thing that can deal with his huge ego.

I thought about that too....but he'd probably take pleasure in knowing he helped the sun burn 0.1*10^-999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 seconds longer.

I thought about that too....but he'd probably take pleasure in knowing he helped the sun burn 0.1*10^-999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 seconds longer.

You are spending way to much time on this. He is not work the braincell losss or the time you will never get back.

It is very important that we have women on the frontlines in Islamic countries because the women there are raised not to talk to men who are not family. We need to have women in combat or who come in right after a combat situation so they can have access to Islamic women who refuse to talk to our male soilders.

It is very important that we have women on the frontlines in Islamic countries because the women there are raised not to talk to men who are not family. We need to have women in combat or who come in right after a combat situation so they can have access to Islamic women who refuse to talk to our male soilders.

I'm hazarding a guess that Frothybuttscum is willing to overlook this small detail because he loves the Muslim women just as much as he loves American women. Nil.

I was told by a friend who was in Iraq that when he was driving trucks there they liked having women in the convoy...not sure if it is truth or rumor but he believed the enemy was less likely to attack a convoy if they knew women were present.

You are spending way to much time on this. He is not work the braincell losss or the time you will never get back.

Yeah, as a hotel laundry worker will tell you, it is very hard to get completely rid of Santorum.

:whistle:

Well, women are already risking their lives in combat zones. A little encouragement and acknowledgement from these "patriotic" Americans would be much appreciated. Also, as others noted, the combat missions we engage in don't consist only of "Black Hawk Down" scenarios.

This - plus, here's the thing. We don't go to combat so much as it comes to us. With rockets, IEDs, and all the indirect sort of stuff (rather than just lining up on 2 sides and shooting at each other like back in the old days) combat is sort of an ever-present thing, and being on the base won't help you avoid it.

Re: period issues - there's no mandate about taking BC, although I think most of the younger women in the military are - I use the patch and if necessary, pack out the end results of bleeding and not dying in plastic bags.

Re: period issues - there's no mandate about taking BC, although I think most of the younger women in the military are - I use the patch and if necessary, pack out the end results of bleeding and not dying in plastic bags.

A woman who I know who's in the Army has a Mirena IUD. Apparently it usually reduces one's period to next to nothing and in many cases it stops entirely - she appreciates it. I know a number of women in the Navy and Coast Guard and obviously handling periods is less of an issue on a ship. God help them if they flush feminine hygiene products, though! Tampons wreak havoc on a marine sanitation system.

I was headed to the US Naval Academy and it was strongly recommended that girls go on the Pill prior to Plebe Summer in order to avoid having to deal with a period while wearing white uniforms. You were to bring your pill pack with you and on I-Day the medical staff would write a new script to take it continuously. I was not on the Pill at the time and was worried about how to get on it before leaving without my parents finding out. Then six weeks before I-Day, I and a bunch of others in my class had our vision waivers taken away, and I ended up at a state school instead so it was a moot point. :lol:

Santorum is a scary man. My only consolation is that there's not a snowball's chance in hell he'd be elected to the Presidency even if he was the Republican nominee.

It's just a personal thing, but I'm against anything in the BC department that I just can't stop taking if it starts making me feel weird - hence the patch.

Tampons wreak havoc in pretty much every military sanitation system, but it's got to be ten times worse on the ship.

It's a good thing I'm not military material for a whole bunch of reasons, because my body hates the pill. If I take it continuously after about six weeks I start feeling like crap, and if I don't, I have hideous three-day migraines during the placebo pill week until I start bleeding. Ick.

Don't get me wrong, the pill is a freakin' miracle. It just hasn't worked well for me.

Santorum can kiss my ass about multiple issues.

I think santorum is saying woman should only be nurses and other traditional support people at most but better yet stay home and breed. He wants to say that but even he is not that dumb and that is really saying something since squash shows more christian morals then he does.

Undoubtedly some men feel an extra responsibility for the women, but in the heat of battle, they're all going to be all about protecting EVERYONE. I'm less concerned about men being distracted by a woman on the front lines than I am about the appallingly high rate of sexual assaults and rapes of women soldiers by male soldiers.

Archived