IGNORED

Breaking News-You're not perfect but Amy ClosedMind can help

Guest purposing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571215,00.html

Johnson said she became disillusioned with her job after her bosses pressured her for months to increase profits by performing more and more abortions, which cost patients between $505 and $695.

"Every meeting that we had was, 'We don't have enough money, we don't have enough money — we've got to keep these abortions coming,'" Johnson told FoxNews.com. "It's a very lucrative business and that's why they want to increase numbers."

I would hope that both sides of the abortion battle would want to see fewer abortions, not more. There needs to be more education on preventing pregnancy. Preventing pregnancy has fewer risks than abortion.

I would hope that both sides of the abortion battle would want to see fewer abortions, not more. There needs to be more education on preventing pregnancy. Preventing pregnancy has fewer risks than abortion.

I agree, the problem with OHOM is that she is anti-any sort of birth control.

I agree, the problem with OHOM is that she is anti-any sort of birth control.

I'm against abortion but 100% for prevention of pregnancy. The bottom line is we are sexual beings, you cannot stop sex.

When a politician has a paradigm shift the RW calls it a flip flop. When a prochoice individual has a paradigm shift the same folks consider it an epiphany.

No one wants to see more abortions. However, pro-life fundies are usually the only ones who advocate measures that lead to an increase in abortion (like demanding abstinence-only education)

No one wants to see more abortions. However, pro-life fundies are usually the only ones who advocate measures that lead to an increase in abortion (like demanding abstinence-only education)

Oh I know. Abstinence is one option but to say it's the only option is naive. People are going to have sex.

Is OMH the crazy fundie Catholic who's against every social programme that actually prevents abortion?

Also, why don't anti-choicers put their money towards providing services that are abortion free alternatives to planned parenthood? Like free breast cancer screenings at a clinic where you couldn't get an abortion?

Oh yeah, it's because they love causing people to die.

Is OMH the crazy fundie Catholic who's against every social programme that actually prevents abortion?

Also, why don't anti-choicers put their money towards providing services that are abortion free alternatives to planned parenthood? Like free breast cancer screenings at a clinic where you couldn't get an abortion?

Oh yeah, it's because they love causing people to die.

There are places where you can get free mammograms but they tend to be locally run charities and clinics, not a large organization like PP. Our local Catholic Charities has a free clinic for people without insurance. There are individual doctors who will also work with those without insurance. The problem can be finding these resources. CC here also offers free prenatal care.

I just listened to the recording of the athiest turned Orthodox Catholic. God, was it awful. This woman seriously thinks that no other cult/religion is lasting due to its leaders? Seriously?!? What about the rich North Koreans, who view President Kim Jong Il (correct me if this is the wrong Kim please, somebody) as "President of the Universe?" And what about Judaism which claims that Abraham was its founder? And Mohammed that founded Islam? What now, bitch?

*boots openmindopenheart and Rick Santorum off the Catholic ship* Way to make the rest of us look like hypocritical bigots. Btw, not all of us are pro-life.

On the positive side, reading openmindopenhearts' drivel is what persuaded me to join FJ in the 1st place. :D

The problem can be finding these resources.

And finding them all in one place which is a big thing for poor people who lack time as well as money; plus Catholic charities won't give out contraceptives, which are one of the things which actually prevent abortion. Another problem is that a lot of these religious charities refuse to work with one another, so you can't get an effective system like secular PP.

Really, if they put the money towards creating an effective, government run health-care system, the US would see the number of abortions drop by half in a very short amount of time. Like I said, they're (the majority of anti-choicers) not interested in reducing abortion. They like abortion, and they like it to cause as much death and suffering as possible, because that's the way to keep your boot on the face of the lower classes. There's something rather sadistic about a lot of conservative politics, I think for people like OMH there's a rush from having power and control over another person's body.

And finding them all in one place which is a big thing for poor people who lack time as well as money; plus Catholic charities won't give out contraceptives,

This is true. The midwives had a way around the contraceptive prescribing but I can't remember what it was. I think they gave the scripts out but didn't dispense.

I remember that story--I was suspicious about it then and suspicious now. Also from the article:

Johnson said she never got any orders to increase profits in e-mails or letters, and had no way to prove her allegations about practices at the Bryan branch. She told FoxNews.com that pressure came in personal interactions with her regional manager from the larger Houston office

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571 ... z1lAe8Gg4Y

How convenient. :? From the beginning she seemed like a plant, although I'd admit that seems like a long way to go to infiltrate. Wouldn't someone seeing what an abortion looks like want to work to prevent them? I really don't believe she did a total 180, because I don't believe she was ever pro-choice to begin with.

No but I do think a lot of God. I have seen what He's done in my life and others. Sorry you don't get me saying I'm not perfect is humility. Since you seem to think I know nothing maybe you will take hints from this former atheist, even if I do agree with everything she said. http://www.conversiondiary.com/2010/09/ ... audio.html

Also, formergothrodite--did it ever occur to you that I sent you a private message because I wanted to keep certain things private for awhile?

Also, I knew you wouldn't kill my doctor or anything like that but I just didn't want you all to start contacting him for who knows what reason but, if you really must, go ahead and rip him to shreads too. I highly doubt you will take anything he says seriously, but when you get a medical degree, do your own studies, and are willing to die for your beliefs then maybe you will understand where he is coming from.

I finished reading the Faith Club book. I think for all of us to come to any agreement and understanding of each other it would take quite some time. I wish you all the best but I can't hang around a snark bored all day. It negatively impacts my mood and makes em wonder why anyone would want to at all.

The most compassionate, loving doctor I have ever seen did die for his beliefs. You might have heard of him...your kind likes to call him Tiller the Killer....but the person who was killed, shot down in his church was him.

He held my hand on the worst day of my life. He was a great doctor and a great man. You can't begin to know what it really means to die for your beliefs.

I'm against abortion but 100% for prevention of pregnancy. The bottom line is we are sexual beings, you cannot stop sex.

Too bad my abortion had nothing to do with that.

The most compassionate, loving doctor I have ever seen did die for his beliefs. You might have heard of him...your kind likes to call him Tiller the Killer....but the person who was killed, shot down in his church was him.

He held my hand on the worst day of my life. He was a great doctor and a great man. You can't begin to know what it really means to die for your beliefs.

I really think that very fundamental Christians would actually die for the beliefs. Through your sharing of your experience I've come to see Dr. tiller in a different light, so thank you.

For every pro-choices turned anti-abortion, there is an anti-abortion who turns pro-choice,

Several memebrs of various pm armies have argued I helped them understand late second and third trimester abortions and reversed their opinions on it because of my story. Just because someone changes an opinion doesn't mean they are on the right side of history.

I only know I have a right to medical privacy, which means I have a right to abortion on demand.

Too bad my abortion had nothing to do with that.

No, not all abortions are due to birth control failure or unplanned pregnancies. But pregnancy prevention would definitely decrease the number of elective abortions.

No, not all abortions are due to birth control failure or unplanned pregnancies. But pregnancy prevention would definitely decrease the number of elective abortions.

When you say you are against abortion does that mean you are against what treemom did or when the mother's life is in danger?

I really think that very fundamental Christians would actually die for the beliefs. Through your sharing of your experience I've come to see Dr. tiller in a different light, so thank you.

If course it is easy to say you will die for your beliefs when no one is threatening you....tiller actually did show his bravery, every day.

When you say you are against abortion does that mean you are against what treemom did or when the mother's life is in danger?

No, after hearing her story and thinking A LOT about it I did come to see that in rare situations such abortions are needed.

Edited to add: I do not believe abortions should be outlawed. I would like to see effective birth control reducing the need for abortions.

Guest Anonymous

If course it is easy to say you will die for your beliefs when no one is threatening you....tiller actually did show his bravery, every day.

Well, dontcha know, your President is threatening Amy right now, and she may well die for her beliefs by refusing healthcare at all in future, according to today's blog entry.... http://openmindsandopenhearts.blogspot. ... eview.html :roll:

2)Heaven help us!.The government decided to do things that make people go against their conscience which may mean that if this same thing happens in the future I may not be able to go to a Catholic hospital and may have to choose to do things against my conscience or to die Saint Gianna style.

Guest Anonymous

She linked to this: http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/to-hel ... ays-bishop :roll:

From the rest of her post, I do suspect that she is possibly being persecuted... by her husband. She has had a month long internet break after discussion with him, deleted a friend from her phone book for fear of committing emotional adultery, stopped 'complaining' at his request, and started being sent to bed earlier, by him. He'll be locking up her cheese next..... :shock:

There have been moments in my life when I flip flopped on abortion. The reason being is that my Christian beliefs led me to view all life as belonging to god. Blastocysts, even though they have no brain, were still human children and that gave them special, almost holy, status. However, I also knew that saying someone should just abstain from sex wasn't going to work. Life was messy and didn't always work according to plan, so I had mixed feelings.

Once I gave up faith, I looked at the issue with new eyes. It was easy to decide that a clump of brainless cells should not trump a woman's right to choose. Later abortions bothered me but the choice needs to be between the woman and her doctor. Late term abortions are rare and, my guess, probably involve mainly women that wanted to give birth to live babies but discovered that problems with the child or their own health. I think that most prolifers believe that women just suddenly decide, on a whim, to have a late term abortion.

Even if women could be forced to give birth to unwanted children, what happens to those kids? Prolifers have this image that women would suddenly give them all up for adoption. Yet, there are plenty of examples of mothers killing children taht they don't want. Susan Smith is a famous example. There was a father in the picture who would have taken his children.Just because a woman does not want or love her child, does not mean that she will give it up for adoption. However even if every unwanted child was given up for adoption, how are all these potential adoptive parents to be found? Unless you lower the requirments for adoption, there won't be enough parents for the children, especially the nonwhite or handicapped children.

Lowering requiments for adoption will only hurt children because people who should never be parents will be allowed to adopt. You'll end up with more dead children or adults who were horribly abused as kids.

Archived