IGNORED

Duggars and Santorum on the Trail

gustava

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/201 ... 11867.html

How many Duggars were on hand to support Rick Santorum in South Carolina over the weekend?

Ten. “That includes myself, five of my children, my daughter-in-law and two grandchildren and my wife,†Jim Bob Duggar, the dad on TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting,†told POLITICO ahead of Saturday’s first-in-the-South presidential primary.

The exceptionally large clan, known for its conservative values, endorsed Santorum days before the Jan. 3 Iowa caucuses and, since then, has attended around 20 of his campaign events.

Life on the stump has meant a few plane rides back and forth from Arkansas, where the Duggars live and tape their reality show, and lots of traveling throughout the early primary states on Santorum’s behalf.

“We’ve been spending a lot of time on the bus,†Duggar said. Large enough to comfortably sleep 12, the family’s 2003 Prevost features bunk beds, sofas, a kitchen and a bathroom and is emblazoned with the words “Rick Santorum for President.â€

“He’s somebody who’s got a heart of gold and a backbone of steel,†Duggar said. And his wife, Michelle, has lauded the former Pennsylvania senator as “a pro-life, Christian conservative with the family values and common-sense business perspective that we need to get our nation back on track.â€

Beyond politics, Duggar said his family has really gotten to know Santorum on the trail. “The neat thing for us is to get to spend so much time with him and his family,†he said.

On the morning of the Iowa caucuses, the two families prayed together in a hotel lobby, Duggar said. “I told him, ‘Rick, you know, I know if it’s God’s will, the voters here will be with you today.’â€

Pointing out that Santorum had won the caucuses “after the recount was said and done,†Duggar said, “It’s amazing to see our prayers answered almost two weeks later.â€

Guest Anonymous

I hope Florida put the plastic sheets down, because according to one of Smuggar's latest instagrams, Santorum's gonna surge in the Sunshine State! I don't need the news to keep me apprised of this shit anymore. #thankyousmuggar

[Edited because I initially used "stuff" where "shit" is more fitting.]

I hope Florida put the plastic sheets down, because according to one of Smuggar's latest instagrams, Santorum's gonna surge in the Sunshine State! I don't need the news to keep me apprised of this shit anymore. #thankyousmuggar

[Edited because I initially used "stuff" where "shit" is more fitting.]

+1

This asshat has been on Frothy's tail for how many weeks now? The least he could do is spell the guys name right.

championnwa The "Santourin Express" made its way to Florida! Momentum in Florida is here, lots of seniors and conservatives joining the fight! @RickSantorum #FLprimary 5h

This asshat has been on Frothy's tail for how many weeks now? The least he could do is spell the guys name right.

I think 'Santourin' is a play on words. It's kind of smart, that's how I know Josh didn't come up with it.

I think 'Santourin' is a play on words. It's kind of smart, that's how I know Josh didn't come up with it.

You are such an optimist, I'm glad there is at least one on this thread :D

Hey, Smuggar! You might want to reconsider making your tiny daughter straddle your beefy withers on TV just to prove a point to us. What if it tears her hymen? She'll be USELESS!

Hey, Smuggar! You might want to reconsider making your tiny daughter straddle your beefy withers on TV just to prove a point to us. What if it tears her hymen? She'll be USELESS!

Sorry donks. Over the line.

I have to wonder if Santorum really just wants the Duggar and Bates families to just go home and leave him alone already?

They are like uninvited guests who never leave. They aren't really helping the campaign, they aren't able to vote in the states they are visiting, and even though I doubt they could actually sway many (if any) voters, the negative attention (Josh's tweets) could turn people off.

Archived