IGNORED

Josh's Twitter

Deleted07

Wasn't the movie Fireproof? I thought it was just because kids under 17 weren't admitted to the screening. Fireproof* is a pretty racy movie to these people. It has a kiss in it, after all.

Didn't the kids see Fireproof in that episode with Kirk Cameron? They were at some Christian film festival where he was promoting it. I could swear I remember some of the "under 17s" either discussing it or actually watching it.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it was determined that because it was an advanced screening (they DID go see Fireproof, then later the whole family saw it at the film festival) it was Not Yet Rated, and thus you had to be over 17 to see it. A technicality.

Josh talks about the movie at the four minute mark. "A good movie" doesn't sound like rated R to me.

ETA:

I believe it was determined that because it was an advanced screening (they DID go see Fireproof, then later the whole family saw it at the film festival) it was Not Yet Rated, and thus you had to be over 17 to see it. A technicality.

I think this was the case.

I think this was the case.

This must have been very early in the release process, because when I had the chance to see an advanced screening of Galaxy Quest, there was no age limit. All we needed was the pass we received from a person who we knew who was a big wig on the film.

Our Joshie is a happy camper today. All kinds of political tweets, claiming that CO, MO, and MN couldn't be "bought", unlike Florida.

Our Joshie is a happy camper today. All kinds of political tweets, claiming that CO, MO, and MN couldn't be "bought", unlike Florida.

Poor child, still doesn't understand the electoral process here in the US.

Poor child, still doesn't understand the electoral process here in the US.

Poor Josh, your golden cow has less then half of the delegates Romney has.

I didn't grow up in this country, so I am trying to educate myself about the election process, specifically with regards to the primaries/caucuses.

While I must confess that last night's results did give me an uneasy feeling, I am pleased to see that even though Frothy has won the most states, he's still in 3rd place behind Mitt and Newt with only 18% of the votes.

Of course Smugs is spinning the "most states won" angle.

I can just hear Jchelle at the SDORT

"E-lek-tor-al col-ledge"

And I can picture Smugs ponderously Googling it on his iphone while driving a bus filled with people rolling down the interstate at 80 mph.

Looks like Smuggar's break for "work" won't last long; he's tweeting that he'll be in OKC and Tulsa on Thursday with the "Santorwin (I think...I really can't make out wtf that SOTDRT word is supposed to be) Express" ie. the Rock of Love bus.

Gee, a real tough sell for Frothy, those Oklahomans. /sarcasm They're up there with Utah as the reddest state in the country (even more extreme than SC).

FWIW, our county has open auto auctions once a month at the fairgrounds. Anyone can come; they're advertised on TV. A couple of my young cousins got their first cars there. I guess regulations vary from state to state...maybe even county to county.

FWIW, our county has open auto auctions once a month at the fairgrounds. Anyone can come; they're advertised on TV. A couple of my young cousins got their first cars there. I guess regulations vary from state to state...maybe even county to county.

Thanks, Marm. I surprised Josh has the brainpower to jump through that many hoops to attend an auction. Oh wait, Jim Bob runs everything. Nevermind!

Now he's reading wikipedia for a history lesson from long ago:

Reading Wikipedia about the 2006 elections, where democrats scored a big gain and republicans lost big http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_S ... ions,_2006

If you don't study history your destined to repeat? Not always true, but people are still upset with the POTUS on many fronts right now!

I'm beginning to feel as if its not fair for me to snark on him anymore. He's just so disadvantaged on both an intellectual and educational level, and neither are his fault.

Now he's reading wikipedia for a history lesson from long ago:

Reading Wikipedia about the 2006 elections, where democrats scored a big gain and republicans lost big http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_S ... ions,_2006

If you don't study history your destined to repeat? Not always true, but people are still upset with the POTUS on many fronts right now!

I'm beginning to feel as if its not fair for me to snark on him anymore. He's just so disadvantaged on both an intellectual and educational level, and neither are his fault.

Yea ya gotta feel like you are fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent when it comes to snarking on him. I do hope he'll learn about foot notes from Wiki though, and learn to check the citations.

It's telling that Josh, man of the world, can read Wikipedia, but his 22 year old brother can't. JB&M said it's one of the sites they blocked. Can't have any knowledge accidentally get in the kid's heads!

Hey Josh - search for 'vagina' on Wikipedia. You'll need a freaking manual to help you find the clitoris.

It's telling that Josh, man of the world, can read Wikipedia, but his 22 year old brother can't. JB&M said it's one of the sites they blocked. Can't have any knowledge accidentally get in the kid's heads!

Hey Josh - search for 'vagina' on Wikipedia. You'll need a freaking manual to help you find the clitoris.

What the fuck? That home sounds like those North Korean laws where you can only go on certain websites that the government find acceptable for its people. Is this kind of theocracy the Duggars want America to have?

Wow, Wikipedia is blocked?

Um, that is an electronic version of an ENCYCLOPEDIA (ok, voluntarily edited and not as accurate etc etc, but still, that's supposed to be the idea). They don't want their kids looking at an encyclopedia, huh? God forbid they might actually learn something...

Wow, Wikipedia is blocked?

Um, that is an electronic version of an ENCYCLOPEDIA (ok, voluntarily edited and not as accurate etc etc, but still, that's supposed to be the idea). They don't want their kids looking at an encyclopedia, huh? God forbid they might actually learn something...

Yup. I read about it and was going to post about in on TWOP, but it was shut down. I need to find my source for that info and post it...

I trust wikipedia better than the "wisdom packets" or Michelle's version of the world. I doubt Joshie has the ability to link his dumbassery with her shitty teaching skillz.

Wikipedia has the same average amount of errors as the Encyclopedia Britannica. I don't know what I'd do without it, but I do often run into pictures of genitals where I didn't expect them, so I get why the Duggars would ban it (not that I agree, of course, just that it makes sense from their viewpoint).

What I don't understand is why proffesors and teachers are against Wikipedia. Don't people make mistakes/need to correct certain articles in their encylopedias when they update them anyway? People can always check the links on an article page on Wikipedia to see if the source is reliable or not, which is what I do for college. Sometimes those links are helpful for getting reliable links to other articles! :P I wonder if they block Google too...

Clearly he needs to read about the 2004 elections....when we, for some idiotic reason, re-elected a miserable failure.

Basically saying that just because you're hated, doesn't mean you'll get voted out.

And if the GOP nominates Frothy, Obama will be a lock in. Sorry to tell ya AssNugget. But elections are won by wooing the unaffiliated, not appealing to the party-lifers. That's why the GOP have a saying: Run as hard to the right during the primary, and as close to the middle during the general.

What I don't understand is why proffesors and teachers are against Wikipedia. Don't people make mistakes/need to correct certain articles in their encylopedias when they update them anyway? People can always check the links on an article page on Wikipedia to see if the source is reliable or not, which is what I do for college. Sometimes those links are helpful for getting reliable links to other articles! :P

It's mostly because it can change at any time, and by the time the paper is read wiki can change. A printed edition lasts a lot longer.

For example. At one point in time the wiki article on bears said they were evil soulless killing machines. I could cite wiki and say that bears are soulless killing machines, and while it might have been valid for about 30 seconds, I have no way to prove it (without going through the history-but who wants to do that?).

Basically, sources need to not change, and should be taken as fact (as far as an argument goes). A lot of times, web pages go away, so the source becomes impossible to get to, which is why a lot of professors and teachers are also against web sources.

Archived