IGNORED

How to dress for Doug Phillip's Titanic Brouhaha

rachelsmith1989

Remember the thread were Doug Phillips' new Titanic event in April?

http://www.visionforumministries.org/events/cbmts/013/

Well now there's a way for us sinners to get all dolled up and blend right in with all the fun!

http://thelook.today.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... theclicker

Just don't go dressed as Nurse Sybil and bring an extra large embroidered drawstring purse in case the message gets too heavy and you need to throw up in a lady-like fashion.

Upon looking at the examples, doesn't it look like Dougie would approve of the wardrobe choices?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would do something sexy, ridiculous, and extravagant, like Gloria Swanson in a Cecil B. DeMille movie or a Paul Poiret gown. The crazier hats of the late teens are one of my guilty pleasures

I was looking over the schedule of events and it looks like it's going to be quite a wild time! :roll: Among my favorites:

Titanic Ladies Tea (Optional—Come in White Edwardian Tea Dresses)

I guess the steerage passengers won't be represented at Dougie's latest Dress Up Party tribute. Shocking.

And

The Music of Manhood and the Titanic with Charlie Zahm

The Music of Manhood??? That's sounds pretty defrauding if you ask me.

But the million dollar question is, what will Dougie DeWitt-Bukater be wearing?

I'll be going as Margaret Brown, aka The Unsinkable Molly Brown, so I can can give Dougie a swift kick in the ass. Bet he won't be mentioning Mrs. Brown either.

Are... Are they actually comemmerating by having a countdown to when the ship sank?!? That's like celebrating the fact that half the passangers died. :angry-banghead: Instead of having a countdown, why not have a moment of silence? I wonder why the chose A Night to Remember instead of James Cameron's TITANIC?

Wouldn't it be great if Charlie Zahm just totally lost his sanity on stage one night and started singing "I Enjoy Being a Girl"?

Are... Are they actually comemmerating by having a countdown to when the ship sank?!? That's like celebrating the fact that half the passangers died. :angry-banghead: Instead of having a countdown, why not have a moment of silence? I wonder why the chose A Night to Remember instead of James Cameron's TITANIC?

Yeah, it's like they're counting down to NYE or something. And of course they're not going to show the Cameron version. We can't have a girl like Rose for other girls to see. She ran away from her betrothed to have premarital sex with a guy she just met. And let's not forget about her drinking, dancing, smoking, and the most dangerous vice of all, THINKING!

Guest Anonymous

I'd wear the Edwardian tea dress, with a purple and green suffragist banner across the bodice and tell them I was one of the Pankhursts.

I was looking over the schedule of events and it looks like it's going to be quite a wild time! :roll: Among my favorites:

Titanic Ladies Tea (Optional—Come in White Edwardian Tea Dresses)

I guess the steerage passengers won't be represented at Dougie's latest Dress Up Party tribute. Shocking.

And

The Music of Manhood and the Titanic with Charlie Zahm

The Music of Manhood??? That's sounds pretty defrauding if you ask me.

But the million dollar question is, what will Dougie DeWitt-Bukater be wearing?

I'll be going as Margaret Brown, aka The Unsinkable Molly Brown, so I can can give Dougie a swift kick in the ass. Bet he won't be mentioning Mrs. Brown either.

Girl, you had better do proper homage to Ms. Maggie. We coloradians don't take lightly to Ms. Maggie being abused. :snooty: You need to make dang sure that she is total kick ass and do it with style. :snooty:

Maggie, would have desexed Dougie if he tried crap with her. :naughty:

I'd wear the Edwardian tea dress, with a purple and green suffragist banner across the bodice and tell them I was one of the Pankhursts.

I like these dresses.

http://www.pyramidcollection.com/itemdy ... 8&srccode=

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store ... 7191X.html

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store ... 20718.html

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store ... 19610.html

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/store ... 18796.html

Anyway, at either site has tons of dresses to fit the bill.

Why can't they see it as a symbol of Man's hubris, like everyone else?

Another event is "Charlie Zahm Sings Songs of Manhood." I'm picturing something like the episode of the Wonder Years where Kevin's glee club has to perform a song about being "stout-hearted men."

How about the following playlist:

"It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls

"In the Navy" by the Village People

Another event is "Charlie Zahm Sings Songs of Manhood." I'm picturing something like the episode of the Wonder Years where Kevin's glee club has to perform a song about being "stout-hearted men."

"It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls

"In the Navy" by the Village People

Also possibly appropriate:

"You're as Cold as Ice" by Foreigner

"Frozen" by Madonna

"It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls"In the Navy" by the Village People

Dougie would be thrilled if it were raining men.

Well thanks for that link. I just wasted 20 minutes gazing at those dresses!

I love how attendees are told to wear WHITE tea dresses. Not just the style is dictated, but the color as well. What a control freak!

I"d be an epic stinker and wear a repro of one of the dresses Rose wore in Titanic. Just to make a point... heh....

@ilovechotchkes. You. Are. Awesome. Do it! Do it!!

My brother actually owns the hat to the boarding suit outfit... MUAH HA HA ! (not the original but the repro that was liscensed, and I can't remember the company who made it. Somewhere in New York.)

My brother actually owns the hat to the boarding suit outfit... MUAH HA HA ! (not the original but the repro that was liscensed, and I can't remember the company who made it. Somewhere in New York.)

That was my favorite outfit in the whole movie, and that hat is what made it my favorite.

Girl, you had better do proper homage to Ms. Maggie. We coloradians don't take lightly to Ms. Maggie being abused. :snooty: You need to make dang sure that she is total kick ass and do it with style. :snooty:

Maggie, would have desexed Dougie if he tried crap with her. :naughty:

My niece played Molly Brown in her gradeschool history play about the Titanic. So proud!

Gypsy Rose Lee was dancing about this time wasn't she?

No--she lived 1911-1970. I remember seeing her talk show when I was a teenager.

I can't wait to see if they're gonna recreate the "main event". If not, well, I say that they're bloody poseurs. Oh, and they have to do like in 1912: not enough lifeboats for all passengers!

What a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, my goodness! I just got emailed the schedule (thank you, fundie relatives trying to entice me back into the fold!) and they are actually doing a countdown of the iceberg strike. This is followed by worship - not a memorial service, but worship. The whole running around playing at dress-up aspect considering what happened to the people on the real ship just seems beyond tacky.

Here's the schedule if anyone else wants to check it out:

www.visionforumministries.org/events/cb ... edule.aspx

Archived