IGNORED

How to dress for Doug Phillip's Titanic Brouhaha

rachelsmith1989

I don't know, but I'm guessing there's a ballad about anaconda hunters in there. :lol:

How about....for starters:

Stout-Hearted Men

The Lumberjack Song (of course!)

The Man I Love

Mad About the Boy

Mein Herr (from "Cabaret")

Milord (Edith Piaf's classic)

Since it's really unlikely Charlie cracks and sings "I enjoy being a girl" perhaps we can hope that he sings the theme song to "Two and a Half Men." Can you imagine the hush that would come over the assembly, most of whom probably have never heard of CBS, much less that (annoying) show? :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And of course they're not going to show the Cameron version. We can't have a girl like Rose for other girls to see. She ran away from her betrothed to have premarital sex with a guy she just met. And let's not forget about her drinking, dancing, smoking, and the most dangerous vice of all, THINKING!

This brings back memories of the day it sunk in my head to get me and my family into a new church. Cameron's Titanic had just come out and at Sunday service we were told by our pastor that "decent Christians" will not see this movie because Rose's whoreful self "ruined that boy's life".

Before we joined our curent church, I asked the pastor(priest) how he felt about the sexual romance in Titanic. He said, "that's life."

I know! I know! I'll put on corpse makeup, gel my hair to make it look both wet and frozen, and dress like one of the invisible lower-class women who died in steerage. I'll wander through the crowd pleading for help finding my children.

Did you know that Ms. Brown never went by Molly in her lifetime? Her nickname was Maggie but back in the 40's when the first play was written about her they changed her name to Molly because they needed her name to flow better for the songs they used? Yes, I am a collector of weird facts and such a nerd. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Brown

Thank you! I am an accuracy nerd, too! I'll pass this along to my niece--and to my sister Maggie!

He could dress up in a natty investment banker suit, and we could push him out a window. I would find it deeply satisfying.

Thank you for an official FJ "shrieking with laughter and scaring the dog" moment. :clap:

Archived