IGNORED

Tonight's Meal - Non Fundie Style

theologygeek

We went to a friend's house where the stay-at-home-dad cooked us cheesy broccoli soup. I brought a bottle of red wine and a loaf of bread. Then the men ran out to the liquor store for brandy and orange curacao and then the aforementioned SAHDad made us all crepes suzette for dessert.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight is "Taco Tuesday." I already have the ingredients prepared in my fridge. I just have to heat the meat up tonight and put out the veggies and cheese and tortilla chips (I use those instead of taco shells).

I had a belly dancing class yesterday afternoon, and then I went to the library, so I didn't have much time to cook last night. I made myself a black bean burger because it was "Meatless Monday."

Tomorrow I'll probably use up the last of my pulled pork and make me a sandwich.

I'm not sure what I'm going to have Thursday and Friday. It's going to be colder so I think I'll have soup.

Vegetarian black bean chilli over Bhutanese red rice. If I need a treat I'll put some fat free yogurt on top. Desert is a dried apple granola bake.

Well, my headship cooked last night, so that right there makes it not fundie approved.

We had ramen (not sure what kind; we got it from the Asian grocery store a few months ago) - it was larger, softer noodles though, not the little ones. Anyway, he cooked that up with the sauce in the packet, added some stir fried carrot, bok choy, and chicken. Topped with sliced green onions. It was delicious!!!! We drank some delicious sake with it, too, so that's def not fundie approved!

I'm making a turkey-veggie meatloaf tonight. I grind up carrots, mushrooms, and onion in the food processor, mix it with ground turkey, a little tomato paste, and some smoked paprika and then add an egg and almond flour to bind and solidify it. My husband and I are trying to go gluten-free (he has an inner ear condition that some suspect can be worsened by gluten) and I use the almond flour in place of bread crumbs. I tried gluten-free breadcrumbs, but they're gross.

On the side I'm making sweet potato wedges for me and roasted yukon gold potatoes for my husband. He hates sweet potatoes and I prefer the nutritional power of sweet potatoes, so I make both. I love dusting my sweet potato wedges with a little chipotle powder.

The cupboard is almost bare and I've got some kind of virus whirling around inside me, so tonight it's lentils/brown rice mixed with a tomato,green onion and red pepper sautee I made last night when I noticed the tomatoes were getting a bit squishy (added a bit of italian seasoning for flavour). I'll throw some salad greens and hardboiled eggs on the table with this.

Tonight, two sons working, the third going to his girlfriends, husband at a meeting until 10:30, so I'll grab something by myself. Probably Kashi Go Lean Crunch with some dried cranberries. Not very fundie. . .

Zsu would shake her head in disgust. We had sports this evening so the kids had Subway foot long subs because heaven forbid they eat late. I am heating up Sunday's pot roast, mashed potatoes, and baby carrots for myself.

A one pot meal: basmati rice seasoned with cumin, salt and pepper with carrots, cilatntro and onions and halal chicken. Definitely not a fundie meal.

Tonight, two sons working, the third going to his girlfriends, husband at a meeting until 10:30, so I'll grab something by myself. Probably Kashi Go Lean Crunch with some dried cranberries. Not very fundie. . .

I had leftovers tonight: baked chicken with lemon pepper, spicy rice with black beans, and fresh steamed broccoli. I also noticed just now that my lemons are getting a little too soft, so I think I'm going to juice them and make a lemon pudding from scratch.

I had a bunch of mixed spring greens and fresh spinach to use up so made a big salad. Cooked up some quinoa and chickpeas pin chicken stock and mixed with the salad. Tossed in some feta crumbles, tomato and cucumber slices. Made a dressing by cooking a clove of garlic and half a shallot in olive oil, put in some balsamic vinegar and reduced. Seasoned dressing with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Also made a side of guac and baked tortilla chips (store bought tortillas I brushed in EVOO and sprinkled with salt).

Not fundie approved at all!

I had a bunch of mixed spring greens and fresh spinach to use up so made a big salad. Cooked up some quinoa and chickpeas pin chicken stock and mixed with the salad. Tossed in some feta crumbles, tomato and cucumber slices. Made a dressing by cooking a clove of garlic and half a shallot in olive oil, put in some balsamic vinegar and reduced. Seasoned dressing with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Also made a side of guac and baked tortilla chips (store bought tortillas I brushed in EVOO and sprinkled with salt).

Not fundie approved at all!

Shrimp with mango and basil, carrot rice, and guacamole. The nieces liked the shrimp so much I think I'll give them the leftovers for breakfast! (I saved an avocado for my sister's breakfast.)

Archived