IGNORED

Tonight's Meal - Non Fundie Style

theologygeek

My son's dinner plate. Actually, one of his dinner plates. The homemade mac and cheese and green beans had to go on another dinner plate because there was no room on this plate.

Disclaimer: I don't usually make two starches in one meal, but we had a complainer in our midst who missed the rolls last night because he was over his girlfriend's house. I had to make rolls all over again because said complainer does not like leftovers.

Complaint: I am on day 9 of "Lower Sodium, Fat, & Sugar in 2012." Although I do cook from scratch, I love my salt and I also have a sweet tooth. Green beans taste better with salt.

tonightsdinner.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had spaghetti with meatballs, my husband's yummy homemade garlic bread, green beans (frozen) and salad. Oh and cut fresh fruit for dessert. I don't think that our dinner was fundy approved either.

We had spaghetti with meatballs, my husband's yummy homemade garlic bread, green beans (frozen) and salad. Oh and cut fresh fruit for dessert. I don't think that our dinner was fundy approved either.

Burgers on whole wheat toast (cheaper and more filling than buns) with a bag of frozen mixed veggies. This is an old standby that we will be eating for several days because I got a deal on lean ground beef. If I get the chance tomorrow, I'll make a bowl of coleslaw to replace the frozen veggies.

ETA: The rule at our house is, Everyone gets to eat until they are full. No portion restriction! Nobody has to eat food they don't want, either. If they don't want what I fixed, they are free to get themselves snack food instead--fruit, hard-cooked eggs, fresh carrots--or a bowl of cereal and milk.

Burgers on whole wheat toast (cheaper and more filling than buns) with a bag of frozen mixed veggies. This is an old standby that we will be eating for several days because I got a deal on lean ground beef. If I get the chance tomorrow, I'll make a bowl of coleslaw to replace the frozen veggies.

ETA: The rule at our house is, Everyone gets to eat until they are full. No portion restriction! Nobody has to eat food they don't want, either. If they don't want what I fixed, they are free to get themselves snack food instead--fruit, hard-cooked eggs, fresh carrots--or a bowl of cereal and milk.

Cheese ravioli with marinara, garlic bread and romaine salad with blue cheese dressing.

It's a little fundie friendly--cheap and not exotic by any means. Also, I am using bagged ravioli and jarred sauce because I got both cheap with a mixture of sales and coupons. But I am planning adequate amounts for everyone and have that whole raw vegetable thing going on, that would send Zsuzsu running for the hills!

Tomorrow we are having a chicken curry stew with eggplant, mushrooms, spinach and all kinds of veggies. I'll serve it over brown rice. NOT fundie style.

My kids can be jerks about food. So I ask for a no-thank-you bite unless it is something they truly dislike. Then, they are free to have cereal and milk or PBJ. I have tried letting them go hungry, bribing them with dessert, etc. It does not work. At least this way they get something in their stomachs without being a total inconvenience.

Pasta puttanesca - a sauce supposedly invented and made by prostitutes, designed to lure customers with its aroma. :romance-heartsthree:

corn tortillas stuck in the oven on a cookie sheet until toasted, then an egg cracked on each one, cooked until just set, then cheese on top. I left it in there until the cheese melted. Then I took them out, added salsa, fresh cilantro, avocado and greek yogurt. MMMMM, with the gooey yolks broken and all mixed up.

(and they are home raised eggs, so really good yolks.)

I dunno,you tell me.I had roast chicken, fresh sauteed carrots and scalloped potatoes from scratch with Spumoni ice cream for desert.I like to cook with white wine so they may not approve.

Monday night is comfort food night at my house because we all have shitty Mondays. Sadly my meal would probably be fundie approved. :oops:

Chicken paprikash and potatoes with cabbage and carrots on the side.

We also have the rule about no portion control (it never would occur to me to do otherwise!), with the caveat that everybody has to eat at least a bite of SOMEthing at dinner and no seconds for people who haven't finished their firsts. (Also, any dinner substitutes have to be cooking-free and healthy. An apple instead of dinner is generally okay, as is a head of broccoli or last night's leftovers. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is okay if dinner is totally inedible. But nobody is going to cook you a second meal.)

I had a big salad and a ham and cheese sandwich. Since my surgery I haven't felt much like cooking. So I eat sandwiches or go out. Even so, I've lost over 10 pounds in the past three weeks!

Tonight I just had scrambled eggs with onions, green pepper, and shredded cheese. I eat eggs a lot because they are so cheap, even though I buy the cage-free eggs. I don't know why fundies don't pick more meat alternatives because they're just so much cheaper.

I made chicken and broccoli alfredo, the lower-fat version for dinner. I am baking a chocolate cake for my Headship, it is in the oven. I am going to make chocolate frosting for it. Then I will lie on the good couch and hog the remote. :twisted:

ETA The good couch has the best view of the tv and is the longest couch for vegging.

We had chicken breast slices in Yoshida sauce with stir fry vegetables over rice.

I am having trouble with my hand and this was easy that anyone could stir it for me. (Trigger finger--hope to see doc tomorrow)

Had enough for the extra stray child who came over after work.

That's my house, call and ask if there's extra food and come over and eat it. Mainly the friends of the girl child. I love them all like my own.

I dunno,you tell me.I had roast chicken, fresh sauteed carrots and scalloped potatoes from scratch with Spumoni ice cream for desert.I like to cook with white wine so they may not approve.

I had a big salad and a ham and cheese sandwich. Since my surgery I haven't felt much like cooking. So I eat sandwiches or go out. Even so, I've lost over 10 pounds in the past three weeks!

I made shepherd's pie tonight, but I'm all sad panda over it - I think it was bland and too dry. I screwed it up somehow. The sliced tomatoes and cucumber were good though - and pickled beets. Yum.

Tomorrow is a veggie and bean stew with homemade whole grain bread and herb butter.

Steak (just small filet), green beans, and a sweet potato. I eat a sweet potato nearly every day. I may turn orange.

And definitely not fundie as it was prepared by my husband while I set up his sister's new Kindle, and then he served it to me.

Archived