IGNORED

The Seven Sisters got matching frumpers for Xmas + updates

Daenerys

homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/786582/

Epic hilarity, though it's definitely not as fugly as some of their other ones. But a 25 year old matching her 10 year old sister is a tad weird to say the least

-

farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6567203663_741af5c2f2_z.jpg

They also posted a photo of them all posed nicely on their home steps. You go down the line of normal gear until you see the youngest boy... I am DEFRAUDED by his exposed legs! The ten year old girl has to be covered to her ankles, but looks like the modesty rules don't apply to Noah.

-

homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/786575/

Jessica, the oldest, was 25 on Xmas eve. Reading down her list, it sounds like a list of thanks I would expect from a girl of twelve, not a woman who has been an adult for seven years. Interesting that marriage is mentioned as only a possibility for a long time in the future, and not now, even though she is definitely a bit past it by fundy standards. I wonder what her parents think about this?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 25. I'm pretty sure I stopped calling my mother "Mommy" when i was about 10. I still call her Momma on occasion, but that's a southern thing.

Between Harry Potter and British Comedies I read jumper and kept waiting for a pic of them wearing sweaters and were the jumpers made of fleece or did they have them knitted and they just needed to sew the parts together.

Then I realized they meant jumpers as dresses little girls wear. :oops:

Between Harry Potter and British Comedies I read jumper and kept waiting for a pic of them wearing sweaters and were the jumpers made of fleece or did they have them knitted and they just needed to sew the parts together.

Then I realized they meant jumpers as dresses little girls wear. :oops:

As an English person, this confuses me a lot as well!

Jessica's attitude reminds me of one of my friends, even though we are in a totally different world.

We are mostly 18 months from graduating university and going out into the 'real world'. Many of us realise how close this is and already have career plans for immediate post-uni: I am going to train as an English teacher, my boyfriend is doing a masters on scholarship and keeping his part-time shop job, our friend is going to train as an accountant with KPMG, another is heading off to teach in Korea, and my housemate has already got 4 job offers for charity management. Most of us are being realistic about the fact that soon we will have no loan money and will have to support ourselves, but one of my guy friends doesn't seem to realise this at all. He has only ever had one job from which he was fired, and yet doesn't think that having no work experience, not even volunteering, is a problem. He is from a very privileged background so has never really seen poverty or unemployment like the rest of us have, and doesn't seem to realise how difficult getting a decent job is in the current climate.

Apparently he keeps talking to my boyfriend about how he sees himself in the future as married to a housewife (he's Christian but not fundy) with two or three children and a good job like his father (who earns about 100k). Yet he's doing nothing to achieve this: he's a virgin because he never goes out or persues girls and acts really camp so they think he's gay, and he has no idea what he is going to do even immediately post uni. Both him and Jessica seem to think that 'adulthood' is a long way off when in reality, it's already here and if you don't grab the opportunities that it brings then the world will pass you by completely.

homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/786582/

Epic hilarity, though it's definitely not as fugly as some of their other ones. But a 25 year old matching her 10 year old sister is a tad weird to say the least

-

farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6567203663_741af5c2f2_z.jpg

They also posted a photo of them all posed nicely on their home steps. You go down the line of normal gear until you see the youngest boy... I am DEFRAUDED by his exposed legs! The ten year old girl has to be covered to her ankles, but looks like the modesty rules don't apply to Noah.

-

homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/786575/

Jessica, the oldest, was 25 on Xmas eve. Reading down her list, it sounds like a list of thanks I would expect from a girl of twelve, not a woman who has been an adult for seven years. Interesting that marriage is mentioned as only a possibility for a long time in the future, and not now, even though she is definitely a bit past it by fundy standards. I wonder what her parents think about this?

The picture is lovely, but that double standard really pisses me off.

I still DO call my mother "Mommy" (or sometimes I call her "Nanen" now, when speaking to my young nieces), but that's not how I refer to her when talking to other people! With other people I refer to "My mom" or "My mother" like... other grown-ups.

But yeah, that list is... it's not so much what she's thankful for (although that's part of it) but how she says it. It smacks of immaturity all around.

Wait, some of those women are over 25? you've GOT to be kidding me!

And those frumpers, are quite possibly, the most hideous thing i've ever seen. WHY WHY! there are so many OTHER ways to look stylish and modest and not look schlumpy!

Now I'm hooked on this blog.... Ive only got a couple pages down. Are they all siblings are ANY of them married? I'm reading one entry about them losing power and that was the work of Satan? WOW...

Now I'm hooked on this blog.... Ive only got a couple pages down. Are they all siblings are ANY of them married? I'm reading one entry about them losing power and that was the work of Satan? WOW...

Nope, none. There is no real mention of courtship, not even as a general concept, apart from the small snippets by Jessica.

As I wrote above, I think part of the issue is not 'seeing' themselves as being adults.

Nope, none. There is no real mention of courtship, not even as a general concept, apart from the small snippets by Jessica.

As I wrote above, I think part of the issue is not 'seeing' themselves as being adults.

ok thanks.. I was thinking maybe there was a older sibling just not pictured cuz they were off and married. This group seems like they enjoy EACH other to much to split up very odd.

They have a quote from.. FRANK ZAPPA??? on their booklist page.

They probably just copied it off a list of quotes, and have no idea who Frank Zappa is. Either that, or there's something seriously wrong with my grip on reality.

They probably just copied it off a list of quotes, and have no idea who Frank Zappa is. Either that, or there's something seriously wrong with my grip on reality.

I think it's pretty dang funny. :lol:

ok thanks.. I was thinking maybe there was a older sibling just not pictured cuz they were off and married. This group seems like they enjoy EACH other to much to split up very odd.

I think it's the general SAHD mentality flaw... their home and their family are their world. They don't really have any experience of being outside of this and fending for themselves, so why would they want to abandon everything they knew to go off with some strange man who they have never even been allowed to be alone with?

Looking around their blog I have to say that I think they live fuller and better lives then the Duggar kids. Arts and crafts, real food, real smiles and real warmth between siblings. Whatever their faults, I'd rather spend an evening with them.

They almost seem TO happy lol. The pictures of them with there arms spread remind me of "The sound of music". It looks like they have alot more freedom on the internet then the Duggar kids they seem to really enjoy You Tube. I am confused though on why the little boys are dressed "normally" so to speak. They are allowed to wear shorts (jean shorts even) and store bought clothes... ? I'm confused.

Probably cheaper with little boys who seem to have a genetic disposition(with the boys I know and Moms I know who bemoan this trait) to put holes in the toughest material that it is probably cheaper to get them pants and shirts from Goodwill, Walmart/Target or Old Navy then to buy jean material and make them.

OK, I know it might be sick and wrong of me, but I think the jumpers and the big collars all look *adorable*. I would so torture my children with that. Not all the time, of course, not every day, but come on, just for a holiday picture. I would get that picture on the stairs and then let them go change into what they wanted. But I would get that picture, I admit it.

I think there are genuinely happy families, but they seem too happy and people who constantly tell everyone and show everyone just how happy they are-are never as happy as they pretend to be. I'm not saying they aren't a happy family, but I think they way they are raised is still a negative thing. I'm glad they get at least some exposure to the outside world, but I feel like they don't get a chance to really, truly be around different people and learn from them much at all.

Interesting how the younger you are, the more leg you get to show. The youngest girl has exposed ankles, then it's just toes, then full skirt on step contact.

Loretta Lynn still refers to her parents as Mommy and Daddy, and a coworker from West Virginia (who is well into her 50s) also calls refers to her parents Mommy and Daddy. Maybe it's an Appalachian thing?

Interesting how the younger you are, the more leg you get to show. The youngest girl has exposed ankles, then it's just toes, then full skirt on step contact.

Loretta Lynn still refers to her parents as Mommy and Daddy, and a coworker from West Virginia (who is well into her 50s) also calls refers to her parents Mommy and Daddy. Maybe it's an Appalachian thing?

Could be as my sisters and I called our parents Mommy and Daddy and still do after their deaths. We just refer to them as that amonst ourselves though. And my mother called her folks Mother and Daddy. And on that side we do come from the Appalachian region.

I'll admit that the frumpers crack me up but otherwise this family seems really sweet. Way on the sheltered side for age 25 compared to most folks I know now, but even among non-fundies some of that stuff wouldn't be outside the norm in Mid Nowhere, VA where some of my friends and relatives live. However, even out there, most of the 18-25 year old set would at least have some trade school, apprenticeship or community college under their belts even if they didn't go away to a 4-year school.

Maybe an older or rural Appalachian thing. Grew up in WV-don't call my parents Mommy and Daddy. I don't think the Seven Sisters are from Appalachia anyway.

Archived