IGNORED

The Seven Sisters got matching frumpers for Xmas + updates

Daenerys

They seem like a nice enough family, even if they are sheltered. As to the 25-yr-old's list - I agree with all who said it seemed juvenile for her age. But as to its content, she loves living with her family and doesn't look to get married any time soon - and yet looks forward to grandchildren and eventual eternal life. It makes me wonder if she's afraid of her next phase of life and would rather skip it altogether.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered this too after seeing a few of the birthday posts showing pictures of them growing up, that the frumpers to the floor all the time seemed to kick in around the time the oldest two were old enough to start sewing. So maybe its a half/half thing. They don't seem to have any issues with others wearing jeans, capris, and regular shirts so maybe its just their thing.

I know my oldest hates pants and has for years. She lives in Lands End cotton dresses. Nothing with defined waists, ruffles, etc. Just pain cotton with an A line skirt. I've given consideration to buying her a sewing machine and classes so she can make her own clothes. Thankfully, my other kids do not have the same requirements.

As far as finding modest clothes. It can be limiting. I know shortly after the low rise thing hit the fashion scene that I had a really hard time finding any pants that did not have a low rise and this was for my toddlers. Why the hell does a kid still wearing training pants need a low rise pant. :?

I saw a pic of them from months ago where the Seven Sisters and their family had another homeschooling family over. There were only two girls (IIRC) in the other family, and they were wearing shorts and had modern haircuts that weren't covered by the little doily things. So I don't think they've been forced, really, they just like wearing floor-length frumpers. As long as they're not pulling an Anna Duggar and snorting "that's a dress?" when they see a dress that isn't up to their standards, I can't really complain about what they're wearing.

The matching frumpers are actually much nicer, imo, than the other frumpers I've seen. But honestly, I'm not into prints.

And yes, finding modest clothes is very limiting, especially if you're a teenager/young woman. Holy shit. I like skinny jeans, but I do NOT like low-rise pants. I don't like them at my waist either, so my only option is low-rise. Until I got some higher-rise pants for Christmas. I'm so happy. I have a curvy butt, so if I wear low-rise... well, I don't mind showing off the shape, but showing the butt itself...

I also have that problem with shirts. I hate low-cut shirts. I don't mind scoop necks, but v-necks are the devil. Fortunately most stores also sell camisoles. Unfortunately my only other option is baby tees... :(

I think they just seem like really happy quirky people. The oldest daughters list actually reminded me of a churchy, sheltered version of the main character in the "New Girl" show.

They don't seem like they are trying to prove anything to anyone, which is nice. I know grown-ups who skip (even if they don't have little kids )..I even know grown men who are silly and like to play .. there isn't anything wrong with that. I have lots of people in my family who are quirky and playful that way, I envy them because I am not spontaneous or fun that way.

As for the "mommy" thing ... our adult kids call us the following : Mom, mommy, mumsy, mama, Dad, daddy, father... I don't know how each of them picked what to call us, but we aren't from the south, and we aren't fundamentalists and they most definitely weren't sheltered.. it's just the names that stuck.

And loose dresses are freaking comfortable !

When I was reading the blog last night I came across a passage where one of the elder of the daughters talked about food becoming an idol and consequently they moved to something called a GAPS diet.

gapsdiet.com/The_Diet.html

I guess we can get all wound up on how cute and clean they are, but frankly they are still tools of the patriarchy. The arey clueless on the opportunities that life holds for them. They are spoon fed exposure by controlling parents and an ideology that keeps them in their place. Its interesting to me that they describe themselves as some romanticized farm girls when they don't even have a farm!! The imagery is what counts, the doilies on their heads and the acceptance that their brothers can wear shorts because of an entitlement that has to do with having a penis attached to their bodies.

To be fair, mummy-dearest has her hair pulled back in her usual style and if you look closely you can see that she's still wearing her doily/headcovering. (But no, I don't understand why she's wearing a tracksuit in that picture. Usually she wears the same sort of outfit as her daughters.)

This picture was taken on one of their vacations this year

Apparently the mother got a chance to meet (and work out with) the woman whose fitness program she (the mother) follows. The fitness woman is the person beside the mother. I have no idea why only the mother works out or why she can wear non frumpish clothing..

I really like the Seven Sisters, but I feel angry at their parents.

The girls are very happy, but they haven't had any chances, encouragement, or help to get post-secondary education, job training, job experience, or anything. If the goal is that they are just going to move out when they get married...they aren't helping them with that, either! We haven't heard about them being introduced to any eligible guys. They do visit other homeschooling families, so MAYBE they can meet someone that way, but those families mostly seemed to have younger kids. So if they can't get their own jobs, and they don't have anyone to marry, how will they ever get their own lives or families? They are crippling them.

Their parents had at least enough freedom for the dad to get a job or a farm or whatever and the mom to get married somehow. Don't they want their kids to have their own lives?

I saw a pic of them from months ago where the Seven Sisters and their family had another homeschooling family over. There were only two girls (IIRC) in the other family, and they were wearing shorts and had modern haircuts that weren't covered by the little doily things. So I don't think they've been forced, really, they just like wearing floor-length frumpers. As long as they're not pulling an Anna Duggar and snorting "that's a dress?" when they see a dress that isn't up to their standards, I can't really complain about what they're wearing.

The matching frumpers are actually much nicer, imo, than the other frumpers I've seen. But honestly, I'm not into prints.

And yes, finding modest clothes is very limiting, especially if you're a teenager/young woman. Holy shit. I like skinny jeans, but I do NOT like low-rise pants. I don't like them at my waist either, so my only option is low-rise. Until I got some higher-rise pants for Christmas. I'm so happy. I have a curvy butt, so if I wear low-rise... well, I don't mind showing off the shape, but showing the butt itself...

I also have that problem with shirts. I hate low-cut shirts. I don't mind scoop necks, but v-necks are the devil. Fortunately most stores also sell camisoles. Unfortunately my only other option is baby tees... :(

Tell me where you got these from!! I need to know!

Honestly, you cannot find higher rise pants for love nor money. I hate low rise pants, they are uncomfortable and I hate having 6 inches of butt crack showing.

As for the frumpers, I do like frumpers, I have a couple and love wearing them - they are sooo comfy. Mine are certainly more stylish than those though! They do look kind of cute, but honestly what normal girl over the age of 12 is going to want to wear one like that?

Sola, try Lands End online.

I love you!

I now have a pair of high waisted jeans and high waisted cords ordered!

Tell me where you got these from!! I need to know!

Honestly, you cannot find higher rise pants for love nor money. I hate low rise pants, they are uncomfortable and I hate having 6 inches of butt crack showing.

As for the frumpers, I do like frumpers, I have a couple and love wearing them - they are sooo comfy. Mine are certainly more stylish than those though! They do look kind of cute, but honestly what normal girl over the age of 12 is going to want to wear one like that?

I'll have to ask my mom, she bought them for me. I think since the 90s are coming back, shirts are getting baggier and pants are getting higher. Eventually I think I'll be going back to low-rise just so the waist of the jeans doesn't compress my ribs when I sit down. God only knows how little I miss 90s jeans from when I was a kid.

Also, I wear junior's clothing, but I'm sure there's higher-rise pants in women's sizes.

Really? No non sexy casual clothes in modern society? Huh. Where to begin. I dress very "modestly" by modern standards. A full skirt shirt waist, and cashmere cardigan, and lace up, flat heel boots are my go-to outfit. I never wear an above knee skirt, cannot walk in heels that are not as wide as the heel of the shoe, and never wear pants. (Except for the disastrous pants experiment on the pre-rapture board). I can't imagine trying to find a decent pair of women's jeans, once they went low-rise and "skinny" I do not wear V-neck shirts as a rule, and have no issue finding decent shirts at the thrift stores I usually shop in.

I employ a lot of women, and I only have one who dresses in a manner to raise an eyebrow; don't know where you're shopping, but they all look well put together and not over sexualized, and most of them shop at places like The Gap, Target, and Old Navy, not The Frumper Barn.

I haven't had to deal with the overly sexy kids clothes yet. Ladybug will not be wearing a toddler thong, low rise pants and a

"I get whatever I want" belly shirt, thank you very much. Glad she prefers overalls and her bug print shirts. I am encouraging her to stay a kid while she can.

I love you!

I now have a pair of high waisted jeans and high waisted cords ordered!

I scored some great lined jeans on sale there last year, I am lucky enough to fit in boys sizes in their stuff. Another thing I like about their jeans and trousers is I can get them custom hemmed at no charge, around here its $10 a leg for hems.

Please model them for me when they arrive :D

Really? No non sexy casual clothes in modern society? Huh. Where to begin. I dress very "modestly" by modern standards. A full skirt shirt waist and cashmere cardigan are my go-to outfits. I never wear an above knee skirt, cannot walk in heels that are not as wide as the heel of the shoe, and never wear pants. (Except for the disastrous pants experiment on the pre-rapture board). I can't imagine trying to find a decent pair of women's jeans, once they went low-rise and "skinny" I do not wear V-neck shirts as a rule, and have no issue finding decent shirts at the thrift stores I usually shop in.

I employ a lot of women, and I only have one who dresses in a manner to raise an eyebrow; don't know where you're shopping, but they all look well put together and not over sexualized, and most of them shop at places like The Gap, Target, and Old Navy, not The Frumper Barn.

I haven't had to deal with the overly sexy kids clothes yet. Ladybug will not be wearing a toddler thong, low rise pants and a

"I get whatever I want" belly shirt, thank you very much. Glad she prefers overalls and her bug print shirts.

I've gotten enraptured I think. Something happaned yesterday and it brought it out of me.

I love low rise jeans, but I'm very short, and the low rise jeans fit me like regular rise, even in petities. Otherwise, I end up with pants way over my belly button. Not attractive!

I love low rise jeans, but I'm very short, and the low rise jeans fit me like regular rise, even in petities. Otherwise, I end up with pants way over my belly button. Not attractive!

I'm petite too, I get the Steve Urkel look when I wear a normal rise. The low slung Lands End jeans do work for me, but I prefer low rise for total comfort.

The high-rise/regular-rise pants come up just an inch or two below my belly button, and I'm rather short as well (5'3). It sucks that the average height for an American woman is about 5'4, and everything seems to be made for women who are about 5'6. Except dresses. They seem to be made for women who are 5'8 or better. I'm tall/short enough where low-rise pants are a hit-or-miss for me. Either they come up high enough, or they show off my buttcrack. Part of that though is my aformentioned curvy butt.

The high-rise/regular-rise pants come up just an inch or two below my belly button, and I'm rather short as well (5'3). It sucks that the average height for an American woman is about 5'4, and everything seems to be made for women who are about 5'6. Except dresses. They seem to be made for women who are 5'8 or better. I'm tall/short enough where low-rise pants are a hit-or-miss for me. Either they come up high enough, or they show off my buttcrack. Part of that though is my aformentioned curvy butt.

My problem is that I have a long back and a long butt/high waist. I'm 5ft 5 but standard length t-shirts and blouses end above my waist and show loads if I lift up my arms. Low rise jeans/pants end up showing a good few inches of my butt crack which I hate. Mid rise jeans fit better, but hernia sticks out at mid rise waistband level and hurts. Teh only way round it is either low rise - hate, or high rise jeans which fit above my hernia. Now I will be getting it fixed soon but I'll still have the whole wound/scar soreness for a while and I want to wear pants which are comfy but don't look like old lady pants!

Also: you skip at twenty five? Why? What would give a twenty five-year-old woman occasion to skip? I'm twenty six and cannot think of the last time I had occasion to skip anywhere.

My personal trainer makes me do this because I'm uncoordinated and he hates me.

My problem is that I have a long back and a long butt/high waist. I'm 5ft 5 but standard length t-shirts and blouses end above my waist and show loads if I lift up my arms. Low rise jeans/pants end up showing a good few inches of my butt crack which I hate. Mid rise jeans fit better, but hernia sticks out at mid rise waistband level and hurts. Teh only way round it is either low rise - hate, or high rise jeans which fit above my hernia. Now I will be getting it fixed soon but I'll still have the whole wound/scar soreness for a while and I want to wear pants which are comfy but don't look like old lady pants!

Try this thing: https://www.gettrendytop.com/

If you're handy with a sewing machine, you can make them out of a nice jersey knit. Otherwise, they're pretty reasonably affordable. Also look for "layering" tube tops (they tend to be thinner material) when summer comes back around.

I'm tall and long waisted. I have the gap problem, too. :( Old Navy and JCPenney make good basic tees in "tall" sizes. That might help, too.

I am tall and long torso'd... I HATE LOW RISE PANTS. I have a bad back, and having it be hanging out all winter because the coats are too short, the shirts are too short, and the pants too damn low, if I put my arms up, the world gets to see my gut. I have resorted to oversize men's jeans with a belt to keep the full moon from hanging out.

I find this awfully cute and awesome. Thanks! Sorry I do like it.

She does favor Tina Turner, who is awesome.

I've had wine. I'm calming down. But don't piss me off again. ;)

Archived