IGNORED

Lyndsie's new baby

goodmama

Their makeup is always the same. The same shades, every time. It's the same lipstick, and I don't think it's a flattering shade. They must have to go reapply every half hour.

I'm not defending them but maybe they took the photos because there family is complete and they want to remember this unique time in their life? Maybe....

Well...I am having all kinds of professional pictures done with this pregnancy and baby that I didn't with my son two years ago. It has nothing to do with the fact that this is a girl; it has everything to do with the fact that it's my last pregnancy and that I can afford them this time around.

Well...I am having all kinds of professional pictures done with this pregnancy and baby that I didn't with my son two years ago. It has nothing to do with the fact that this is a girl; it has everything to do with the fact that it's my last pregnancy and that I can afford them this time around.

Right, that makes sense, but D&L have only had Ethan since the summer. So, seven months later they get Aubrey and then it's photoshoot and massive bow time. I don't think it was a financing issue.

I just checked the FB page to confirm the timeline and she's updated that too: there's a full-face shot of A with her monogrammed bib (gag) and a pic of E on the swing where you can see nothing but body and neck.

Right, that makes sense, but D&L have only had Ethan since the summer. So, seven months later they get Aubrey and then it's photoshoot and massive bow time. I don't think it was a financing issue.

I just checked the FB page to confirm the timeline and she's updated that too: there's a full-face shot of A with her monogrammed bib (gag) and a pic of E on the swing where you can see nothing but body and neck.

Whose FB page?

With regards to Lyndsie's makeup (and her "deer-in-the-headlights" sister, Kendyl), my main issue is ALL. THAT. LIPSTICK. What is the point of gobbing it on so heavy? It's like hooker makeup! And, I believe they learned their makeup techniques from Lyndsie's sister-in-law (also named Lindsay) who is married to one of Daniel's brothers (she actually has a blog about her makeup expertise -- does reviews on makeup brushes and other hot makeup topics -- LOL! http://blushingbridesbylindsay.blogspot.com/).

It is ridiculous to me that she hauled her mother and DIHlights sister along on her mom's retreat. And brought the baby. And I thought it completely nauseating that her friend took so many photos of her, like she's a star. Blech.

I remember visiting the sister-in-law's blog before and she seems to do her makeup well.

How old was Ethan when they adopted him? Wasn't he older than a newborn? I wonder if that has something to do with her favouritism because she wanted that precious newborn, which their next adopted child was, and a girl to boot too. So they had the coming home form the hospital experience they didn't have with Ethan. i am not defending her, I'm jus trying to figure her out. Her favouritism is wrong.

She really needs to lay off the make up, especially the eye make up. Who ever taught her and sister how to do make up needs to have their brushes taken away. I am not a mom, but I don't know any mom of young children who enough time on their hands to make themselves up that much. In the morning the parents are too busy getting the kids ready for the day, preparing breakfast, changing diapers, etc. to spend time making themselves look "perfect."

Ethan was 8 months old when they adopted him. And the favoritism exists entirely in the minds of the people on this site. But yeah, I agree about the make-up. She wears way too much.

I also wouldn't be surprised if their family continues to grow. Possibly not as quickly as with Ethan and Aubrey but in a few years I could see them adopting again. Even opening up the blog for donations. Both Lyndsie and Daniel come from large families and their friends seem to have numerous children. And since they got these two kids very quickly it seems like they have found a way to adopt much faster then average.

I agree that she does not look like she's 25. She looks like a middle-aged woman at least 10 years older than she is. If I had met her on the street with her two little kids, I would have guessed she's a 33 year-old woman who built up a decent career and then decided to have kids in her early 30s, and I would guess that the heavy make-up was to hide the slight aging that most people face in their early 30s.

Ethan was 8 months old when they adopted him. And the favoritism exists entirely in the minds of the people on this site. But yeah, I agree about the make-up. She wears way too much.

Lyndsie? Is that you? Because you need to show the proof that favoritism doesn't exist in Lyndsie and every proof you show me I will give you 2 of why she does favor the girl over the boy.

Not defending her, but Lyndsie's premature aging could have everything to do with her hysterectomy. I'm not sure if she kept her ovaries, but if she didn't, she would have been going through menopause since then and that's just not pretty on any woman regardless of age (I'm 46, so I know!)! But the caked-on makeup is excessive whether you're 25 or 45, and it surprises me that she and her sister seem to think it makes them look pretty. Kendyl (the sister) looks like she probably has nice features underneath all. that. makeup. But they both have those frozen "I look the same in every photo/I've practiced my smile and head tilt a million times in front of the mirror" looks. Blech.

I'm a west coast girl. Is it a Southern thang I don't understand?

Not defending her, but Lyndsie's premature aging could have everything to do with her hysterectomy. I'm not sure if she kept her ovaries, but if she didn't, she would have been going through menopause since then and that's just not pretty on any woman regardless of age (I'm 46, so I know!)! But the caked-on makeup is excessive whether you're 25 or 45, and it surprises me that she and her sister seem to think it makes them look pretty. Kendyl (the sister) looks like she probably has nice features underneath all. that. makeup. But they both have those frozen "I look the same in every photo/I've practiced my smile and head tilt a million times in front of the mirror" looks. Blech.

They look like every soriety girl I went to college with...

It's kind of freaky looking at pictures of her son.... my oldest and he could be, well maybe not twins, but brothers. They look more alike than my oldest and his full biological brother.

I also wouldn't be surprised if their family continues to grow. Possibly not as quickly as with Ethan and Aubrey but in a few years I could see them adopting again. Even opening up the blog for donations. Both Lyndsie and Daniel come from large families and their friends seem to have numerous children. And since they got these two kids very quickly it seems like they have found a way to adopt much faster then average.

I agree they will adopt again and I can see them trying to adopt as many kids as they can. I did notice when Lydnsie had the blog that most of their 20 something friends and relatives had 2 kids or more. Daniel's brother Brian has five kids.

She had ovarian cancer so I don't think she kept them.

Looking at their photos again, it is really obvious Lyndsie has had some major work done on the 6 teeth most frontal on the top. They are all sparklingly white, and then her teeth recede after that and turn grey as they carry on to the back of her mouth. It's got to be veneers. I wonder who paid for those? Oh, wait, I'm sure she begged the public for that on her blog as some point or someone felt pity on her so it was somehow financed or provided for free!

And, oh, right (duh!), she had ovarian cancer! Sorry, wasn't thinking!

I remember reading somewhere that chemotherapy can weaken tooth enamel. Maybe Lyndsie ended up having dental problems and got veneers.

I remember reading somewhere that chemotherapy can weaken tooth enamel. Maybe Lyndsie ended up having dental problems and got veneers.

IIRC, she was on chemo for 7 months. I don't believe she did a second round, but I could be wrong. I do know she never lost her hair. I don't know anything about the effects of chemo on tooth enamel, so wonder if hers could have been ruined yet her hair stayed intact?

IIRC, she was on chemo for 7 months. I don't believe she did a second round, but I could be wrong. I do know she never lost her hair. I don't know anything about the effects of chemo on tooth enamel, so wonder if hers could have been ruined yet her hair stayed intact?

Yes, it all depends on which drugs she was on.

Lyndsie? Is that you? Because you need to show the proof that favoritism doesn't exist in Lyndsie and every proof you show me I will give you 2 of why she does favor the girl over the boy.

Umm, no, I don't need to show you the proof that the favoritism doesn't exist. Because no one on here has shown any proof that it does exist. Every time this topic comes up people come up with wild speculations about why she favors Aubry, and none of it has any basis in fact. I've already pointed out in past threads on this subject why the speculations are not grounded in fact. I'm not wasting my breath doing it again because the assinine responses I got in return were "she clearly wanted a girl because of how much make-up she wears" and "she was collecting girls clothes before when she was adopting" (which was particularly ridiculous considering she was collecting girls clothes because she was in the process of adopting a baby that was a GIRL.)

And it's beyond ridiculous that you would think no one could have a different opinion from you about Lyndsie other than Lyndsie herself.

I understand the snark about the fundies who cram 7 kids into a bedroom and make them sleep on shelves, or make the older kids raise the younger kids, or who don't provide their children with enough food. And I even understand the criticism that Lyndsie adopted before she hit the 5 year mark with her cancer remission. And I agree that it was tacky for her to solicit donations on her blog. But the constant comments about her not loving Ethan or preferring Aubrey when there isn't any evidence to back that up is ridiculous.

Yes, it all depends on which drugs she was on.

I can guarantee that chemo (yes, I know there are huge differences depending on the chemo, but pretty much all of it has at least some oral effects) has effects of teeth. SOME chemo also stains teeth. In my case, it has taken a huge investment in money and time in the dentist's chair, just to keep a mouth of functioning teeth with passable appearance. "Perfect" appearance is not even in the discussion.

- signed, 9-year survivor

(None of this minimizes how thankful I am to be a survivor).

A common side affect of chemo is vomiting and stomach acid is well known to destroy teeth.

As for hair loss; chemo is a cocktail of drugs which all have different affects on the body. THe particular drugs given in the cocktail depends on the type and severity of the cancer. There is one drug commonly used that causes hair loss but not all cancer patients receive this drug so it is possible to have endured months of chemo, been very sick, destroyed your teeth, lost most of your muscle mass but still have beautiful hair.

(This information comes from my husband, sitting beside me, who is a chemistry lecturer in a medical department of a uni. He knows everything you can imagine about chemicals & drugs but almost nothing about biology or treatment. Feel free to contradict him.)

A common side affect of chemo is vomiting and stomach acid is well known to destroy teeth.

As for hair loss; chemo is a cocktail of drugs which all have different affects on the body. THe particular drugs given in the cocktail depends on the type and severity of the cancer. There is one drug commonly used that causes hair loss but not all cancer patients receive this drug so it is possible to have endured months of chemo, been very sick, destroyed your teeth, lost most of your muscle mass but still have beautiful hair.

(This information comes from my husband, sitting beside me, who is a chemistry lecturer in a medical department of a uni. He knows everything you can imagine about chemicals & drugs but almost nothing about biology or treatment. Feel free to contradict him.)

Yes to the throwing up and stomach acid ruining teeth. My teeth are ruined because of my vomitting and acid reflux disease. We've put 10k worth of repairs to my teeth to keep them functional. It really sucks and I actually envy Lyndsie and wish my teeth were half as pretty as hers.

The acid/vomitting does such a damage on teeth that I've seen a lot of dentists be able to look up at someones teeth and tell them off the bat they have acid reflux.

Archived