IGNORED

Lyndsie's new baby

goodmama

forthisjourneywereon.com/?p=175

Oh where do I even begin. Its amazing the beautiful friends the Lord has blessed me with since beginning our own adoption! I am amazed how good He is, and how He places people in our lives! I am absolutely in love with this family, the Brooker’s. They’re so sweet, caring and passionate! Lyndsie and I became connected when we found one another blogs some time ago. I must admit, I have no idea how long ago that was. But I feel like we’ve been friends forever… even though we only met for the first time this past Sunday! Lyndsie has an incredible testimony, one in which God has brought her through cancer twice, several failed adoptions and many other obstacles. But her faith is beautiful and I admire her so much! They brought home their first child, Ethan, through adoption this past April. Amazingly enough… God also brought them yet another child in the same year. This is the story of Aubrey Faye! They welcomed this precious child in their family on Sunday, December 4th. Oh how I will never forget this day!

I bet she considers it a failed adoption any time she is contacted by birth mothers and does not walk away with a baby. I mean, two babies in one year, with them so young... it has not exactly been a long, hard road for them.

I bet she considers it a failed adoption any time she is contacted by birth mothers and does not walk away with a baby. I mean, two babies in one year, with them so young... it has not exactly been a long, hard road for them.

Good point there, maybe other birth moms contacted her but rejected her right away and didn't go through the following steps. You are right emmie, it hasn't been a long, road for L&D. They have managed to adopt two kids before their third year of marriage. I think that whole entry on the site is a joke in a way.

It pisses me off that with Ethan, they just put up a picture of the 3 of them on Facebook like it was just your normal everyday family picture, but then with Aubrey they go all out with professional photography with the grandparents. Yeah, that's fair...

^I noticed that same thing too. In the other Lyndsie thread, someone mentioned that she will favor Aubrey over Ethan and I think that will happen.

• 3 months later...

There are new pictures of Lyndsie and Aubrey up on Ashley's blog (google ourhappilyeverafters) if anyone cares to see them.

I just saw the pics. Not trying to sound mean but Aubrey isn't really cute. Lynsdie looks a bit different and older than 24 or 25.

Am I getting it right that this was an adoption retreat and she only brought Aubrey? And why is it that only Aubrey is the child that they can "truly say for this child I have prayed"? Poor Ethan, it is so obvious that Aubrey is the child of their dreams and not him.

Well, clearly Ethan is having man-time with Daddy at home, learning how to be a provider, banging shit with hammers, that kinda thing. But yeah, that was weird.

Am I getting it right that this was an adoption retreat and she only brought Aubrey? And why is it that only Aubrey is the child that they can "truly say for this child I have prayed"? Poor Ethan, it is so obvious that Aubrey is the child of their dreams and not him.

It seems it was an retreat for adoptive mothers and families. I think Aubrey is probably Lyndsie's favorite. Is just me or does Lydnsie have discolored tooth or something? Something looks weird about her smile. Not trying to be mean there.

I don't see Daniel as the banging shit with hammers kind of guy. More like the let me go spend hours on his hair and find more shirts that match Lyndsie's kind of guy.

There are new pictures of Lyndsie and Aubrey up on Ashley's blog (google ourhappilyeverafters) if anyone cares to see them.

Her teeth - they are BLINDING . . . :shock:

I understand why she didn't bring Ethan, he is a toddler now and not as easy to keep quiet and still during moments he should be quiet and still. It would have made everyone happier if Ethan had stayed at home where he could run, play and shout instead of being hushed every 2 minutes and maybe a few dozen toddler temper tantrums. She did the right thing there as the even didn't look to toddler friendly. I don't know why she brought the baby as she isn't BF and isn't tied to having to nurse. I think she just brought her along as a doll baby to show off but will give her credit that she was trying to save her husband the stress of having to care for 2 little ones. Nah, she did it to show off her new toy that happens to be a girl.

It seems it was an retreat for adoptive mothers and families. I think Aubrey is probably Lyndsie's favorite. Is just me or does Lydnsie have discolored tooth or something? Something looks weird about her smile. Not trying to be mean there.

To me, the weird thing about her smile (in addition to the blinding whiteness) is that her gums go reeeeeally far down her teeth; It makes them look oddly small and square.

How old was Ethan when they adopted him? Wasn't he older than a newborn? I wonder if that has something to do with her favouritism because she wanted that precious newborn, which their next adopted child was, and a girl to boot too. So they had the coming home form the hospital experience they didn't have with Ethan. i am not defending her, I'm jus trying to figure her out. Her favouritism is wrong.

She really needs to lay off the make up, especially the eye make up. Who ever taught her and sister how to do make up needs to have their brushes taken away. I am not a mom, but I don't know any mom of young children who enough time on their hands to make themselves up that much. In the morning the parents are too busy getting the kids ready for the day, preparing breakfast, changing diapers, etc. to spend time making themselves look "perfect."

My reply disappeared. Anyway, her teeth look fine to me. They are very white and very straight, surely a gift from Godspending a lot of money at the dentist's.

I think Ethan is about the cutest white baby I've ever seen! He's much cuter than the new baby. She's not ugly, just not as cute as the little boy.

I think Ethan is about the cutest white baby I've ever seen! He's much cuter than the new baby. She's not ugly, just not as cute as the little boy.

His curly hair and big eyes are really cute. Aubrey looks like a generic white baby, neither especially cute or ugly.

newborns usually take a few weeks or months out of the womb to look cute, when they are freshly decanted from the uterus they typically look like little yodas.

She really needs to lay off the make up, especially the eye make up. Who ever taught her and sister how to do make up needs to have their brushes taken away. I am not a mom, but I don't know any mom of young children who enough time on their hands to make themselves up that much. In the morning the parents are too busy getting the kids ready for the day, preparing breakfast, changing diapers, etc. to spend time making themselves look "perfect."

Their mother looks much more natural. I mean she has make up on but it looks nice not over the top. Did Lyndsie bring her sister and mother to help her with the baby? Why not just leave the baby with her sister and mother if they're going to need to spend time watching her anyways? Oh wait if she left Aubrey elsewhere then she couldn't show her off.

Coming from a person who had two failed adoptions during a 4 year wait, yeah, they didn't have a hard road at all. Furthermore, my ass worked 3 jobs to make the money I needed to pursue an adoption. Lyndsie and Daniel had others' pay for their adoptions and Lyndsie hasn't had put forth any effort at all. So, excuse me, if I don't cry any tears for them.

The whole professional picture thing squicked me out a lot. That the same excitement and wonder wasn't extended for Ethan saddens me. He's an absolutely adorable little boy. I don't know how anyone can look at his cute little face and shortchange him. I hope he doesn't spend his childhood coming in second behind Aubrey. He deserves better than that.

As the mother of a 17 month old son, I don't blame her for leaving Ethan at home. There are a lot of places that I just don't bother going anymore (including the houses of friends who I know would not have a baby proofed room to hang out in). It's hard and not exactly fun to spend the entire afternoon chasing your toddler around instead of enjoying time with friends and family.

Yes, I have a 17 month old son and he would have dismantled that place in 5 seconds flat. I hope that is why she left him home with Daddy. Still it seems odd that her mother and sister came with her, instead of helping out with Ethan back at home. I bet her husband had a loooong weekend while she primped and passed around her baby.

It was really odd to see Lyndsie and her sister in pictures with other people. Really brought home how, well, airbrushed they look. Still, I'm glad to see that she's working to learn about the issues that are unique to adopted children.

With regards to Lyndsie's makeup (and her "deer-in-the-headlights" sister, Kendyl), my main issue is ALL. THAT. LIPSTICK. What is the point of gobbing it on so heavy? It's like hooker makeup! And, I believe they learned their makeup techniques from Lyndsie's sister-in-law (also named Lindsay) who is married to one of Daniel's brothers (she actually has a blog about her makeup expertise -- does reviews on makeup brushes and other hot makeup topics -- LOL! http://blushingbridesbylindsay.blogspot.com/).

It is ridiculous to me that she hauled her mother and DIHlights sister along on her mom's retreat. And brought the baby. And I thought it completely nauseating that her friend took so many photos of her, like she's a star. Blech.

Archived