IGNORED

Jim-Bob: Just NO and I mean it.

IReallyAmHopewell

Jim-Bob

You've exploited your father's death, the birth of your last 5 children and first two grandchildren and the near death of your 19th child (and wife) for financial gain. Do not, I repeat, do not give us a 'very special' episode with the miscarriage and funeral. Do not.

Michele has been thru enough. So have your kids. Do not force your kids again into a "right response" moment of having to mourn what they may not yet be able to understand. Note, I am not saying not to have a funeral or not to grieve. Just tell TLC to take the cameras home. Give your family a break and let them grieve in private like normal people.

We get the point that this was a child not a choice. We get it. Really. We don't need to be shown a group of scared little kids and coerced teenagers trying to thank God for saving their mother, or for asking him why their new sister or brother couldn't live to be born. Let them do this in private.

Yes, you'll loose possibly more money than I make this year. It will be worth it.

Dignity is priceless.

I am sincerely praying for everyone in your family right now--this is a difficult situation for any family.

Regards,

Hopewell

Jim-Bob

You've exploited your father's death, the birth of your last 5 children and first two grandchildren and the near death of your 19th child (and wife) for financial gain. Do not, I repeat, do not give us a 'very special' episode with the miscarriage and funeral. Do not.

Michele has been thru enough. So have your kids. Do not force your kids again into a "right response" moment of having to mourn what they may not yet be able to understand. Note, I am not saying not to have a funeral or not to grieve. Just tell TLC to take the cameras home. Give your family a break and let them grieve in private like normal people.

We get the point that this was a child not a choice. We get it. Really. We don't need to be shown a group of scared little kids and coerced teenagers trying to thank God for saving their mother, or for asking him why their new sister or brother couldn't live to be born. Let them do this in private.

Yes, you'll loose possibly more money than I make this year. It will be worth it.

Dignity is priceless.

I am sincerely praying for everyone in your family right now--this is a difficult situation for any family.

Regards,

Hopewell

Amen.

I'd direct this more to Sean than JB. Do NOT see ratings here, see tragedy. I'd rather see another ridiculous trip or another Anna birth a thousand times over.

You know he'll do it. It's inevitable. Maybe they'll show how they found out the baby had died - TLC hired a skywriter, and...

I just hope they don't show a pic of the dead baby. I would not put that past the Duggars, to prove a point about how even though it was just a fetus, it was a fully formed baby (therefore abortion is wrong). I'm not sure TLC would do it, but the Duggars absolutely would.

I slightly improved version is on my blog now http://hopewellmomschoolreborn.blogspot ... uggar.html

And, yes, TLC does need to listen, too! I just have visions of more of Deanna and Amy singing Amazing Grace while Josh runs around videoing everything.....

Even worse would be making all the kids sing the "blood" song, which the greatest mathematicians in the world can't even begin to calculate how wrong that would be.

I hope the Duggars and TLC don't show the funeral, but I have a feeling they will. TLC will never listen and I wouldn't put it past them to have a crew filming the funeral.

These are the people who played Jill's 911 call when Josie had trouble breathing in Little Rock. There will be a VSE. And most likely a photo montage.

These are the people who played Jill's 911 call when Josie had trouble breathing in Little Rock. There will be a VSE. And most likely a photo montage.

Don't forget they also showed James scared, trapped, injured and bleeding after he fell 12 feet into a dark pit beneath the stage!

Unfortunately, I think Jim Boob is such a famewhore that he would allow a VSE about the miscarriage and funeral, and might be the one to convince TLC to film everything. After all, they didn't tell the crew to turn off their cameras when one of those kids fell into the orchestra pit, and they even whipped out their iPhones to record it for themselves, including the "mother of the year."

I completely agree. I truly do respect the Duggars - honestly it's America, if you want to have a lot of kids and are going to do it without taking government assistance - I say go for it. However, I really do start to question about the TV show and broadcasting their family's private life. I think that once fame takes over it just becomes hard to say "no" sometimes.

Why are we assuming that it's JimBoob's decision alone? I think the Mullet is an equal opportunity fame whore.

This.

I really hope that maybe they both still have some little form of a soul left and won't show the funneral.

Wait, what? A funeral for a miscarried fetus? That's a zillion varieties of wrong.

Wait, what? A funeral for a miscarried fetus? That's a zillion varieties of wrong.

Wasn't it a second trimester loss? That's a little different. It should however be private.

I completely agree. I truly do respect the Duggars - honestly it's America, if you want to have a lot of kids and are going to do it without taking government assistance - I say go for it. However, I really do start to question about the TV show and broadcasting their family's private life. I think that once fame takes over it just becomes hard to say "no" sometimes.

I have to ask...what exactly do you respect about two people who breed children for the older children to raise?

hey now, some people grieve differently than others. you may not want to have a funeral for a miscarriage, but others need that for closure. i sure wish i could have had a funeral for my little one.

My problem with the funeral idea comes from the fact that the kids were brought in on the announcement of the pregnancy so early in the game, and that it became a kind of family project instead of something "belonging to the grownups."

It reminded me of an article in Readers Digest years ago, in which a woman miscarried at two months and talked at great lengths to her very young children about "their dead brother or sister."

I just think there are some kinds of pain children should be protected from.

My problem with the funeral idea comes from the fact that the kids were brought in on the announcement of the pregnancy so early in the game, and that it became a kind of family project instead of something "belonging to the grownups."

It reminded me of an article in Readers Digest years ago, in which a woman miscarried at two months and talked at great lengths to her very young children about "their dead brother or sister."

I just think there are some kinds of pain children should be protected from.

I agree when it comes to early miscarriages but a 2nd trimester is a little different. I'm not sure if children should see the deceased baby or not, I can understand both sides. It would depend on both the ages of the children and at what month gestation the miscarriage/stillbirth occurred. I just think it needs to be private, whether for the Duggars or anyone.

Archived