IGNORED

Zach who??? New eye candy

bozgirl14

I don't find them creepy; it's charming (to me) that they're so enamored of each other (and I don't think it's forced or fake). It's good to see a fundie couple who actually seem to enjoy each other.

I too wonder how (if) they'll ever address their apparent infertility.

Hm, but it only comes from her side. The adoration, I mean. I don't know if it's fake or not but it still gives me creeps.

But that's just me and I'm a mean bitch. Just ask my UH (unmarried husband).

• 1 month later...
Cleve does NOT defraud me. I don't get the love.

Me either.

DamnPrecious wrote:

Cleve does NOT defraud me. I don't get the love.

Me either.

I concur!

And what's the story with the guy who shot his wife Alana? I hadn't found that mentioned/linked before.

Oh my gosh that Grady family blogpost..,

I didn't realize my geography was so bad... I was never aware that Morocco's neighbouring country was Africa...

Guess I need to obtain some wisdom books...

Blackface is a lot different than what I'm seeing in these pics. In the old minstrel shows, a blackface performer literally painted his face black. His mouth would be outlined in white or bright red. If the performer was African-American, he would still put on the black face paint and the white lipstick. Blackface characters were based on racist stereotypes from the Old South, not African natives. The Wissman boys remind me more of contestants in a child beauty pageant whose deranged parents spray paint them orange, thinking it looks like they have a suntan. Not that what the Wissmans are doing here is OK-- it's wrong on many levels. But it isn't blackface.

Oh my gosh that Grady family blogpost..,

I didn't realize my geography was so bad... I was never aware that Morocco's neighbouring country was Africa...

Guess I need to obtain some wisdom books...

Priceless. :lol: :clap:

That's homeschooling geography for you. Details and facts seem less important that reinforcing their warped worldview. I agree this Zach guy is pretty defrauding, but I'm with PBrooke... NO ONE holds a candle to Cleve (still majorly bumming over his probable courtship and engagement to that Lise girl :cry: ) and he's the cat's meow.

I see this family has a few late 20's unmarried daughters. Seems like quite the epidemic in these large fundie families. I'd love to know the stats on how many unmarried SAHD's there are in their late 20's into their 30's. While the sons can run around w/ Dougie and Co. chasing anaconda's and "researching" ancient cultures for as long as they want. These girls are left pining/wasting away.

I can't believe they were being fake "African natives." That is so wrong.

It's too bad he is so ignorant, because I think this post is pretty funny:

wissmanns.blogspot.com/2011/08/complicated-smile.html

Blackface is a lot different than what I'm seeing in these pics. In the old minstrel shows, a blackface performer literally painted his face black. His mouth would be outlined in white or bright red. If the performer was African-American, he would still put on the black face paint and the white lipstick. Blackface characters were based on racist stereotypes from the Old South, not African natives. The Wissman boys remind me more of contestants in a child beauty pageant whose deranged parents spray paint them orange, thinking it looks like they have a suntan. Not that what the Wissmans are doing here is OK-- it's wrong on many levels. But it isn't blackface.

I think the only reason they didn't go that dark was because the one guy needed to have it all cleared off by that evening and they were worried it would stain. At least that is what I got from reading that post. These people are sick. They tried their best to make the "natives" look dumb much to the amusement of the white people. :puke-huge:

I think the only reason they didn't go that dark was because the one guy needed to have it all cleared off by that evening and they were worried it would stain. At least that is what I got from reading that post. These people are sick. They tried their best to make the "natives" look dumb much to the amusement of the white people. :puke-huge:

This. Any cuteness would be gone the minute most of these guys opened their mouths.

I don't want to defend them but I agree with this whole heartily. Calling this ridiculous display "blackface" almost feels like it trivializes how extreme actual balckface performances were. That's just my .02 on the semantics.

As far as the Wissmen boy goes at best it's ignorance at worst racism; probably somewhere in the middle? This isn't the first time we've seen this either, didn't one of the Mortons put black leggings over his head and say he was a basketball player? :confusion-questionmarks:

"They also meet two other natives...Abanobi and Babatu...played by Matthias and Stephen. Stephen, Abanobi, speaks some English, but Babatu speaks very animated 'native.' Since the core staff wrote the play, the part was perfect for the dynamic duo. The audience just rolled with laughter anytime A&B were on stage. They had the bad habit of causing Ada Belle to scream, which caused Babatu to scream back...back, forth, back, forth. Hilarious!"

So...this isn't as bad as the traditional black face performances? Really??? I'd bet money the speaking "native" was actually "ooga booga" crap. :?

QuoVadis, Joshua Beasley accidentally shot his wife Alaina in a "house clearing" game the two liked to play. They had been married around 3 months. This was in early 2009, I think, and he is now serving 3-5 years in prison. Google his name and multiple stories will appear. Very sad.

"They also meet two other natives...Abanobi and Babatu...played by Matthias and Stephen. Stephen, Abanobi, speaks some English, but Babatu speaks very animated 'native.' Since the core staff wrote the play, the part was perfect for the dynamic duo. The audience just rolled with laughter anytime A&B were on stage. They had the bad habit of causing Ada Belle to scream, which caused Babatu to scream back...back, forth, back, forth. Hilarious!"

So...this isn't as bad as the traditional black face performances? Really??? I'd bet money the speaking "native" was actually "ooga booga" crap. :?

Eh, I have no interest in defending them. I guess I wasn't really thinking of it in terms of better or worse as much as different?

I really don't think most of the Wissman boys are very good looking. At. all.

I will say though that I just spent the last hour perusing Andrew and Kori's blog and she seems rather normal. Christian and all, but pant wearing, school-going, dating, very normal girl. At least they are open to their kids marrying a non- fundy. That's more than can be said for our other fundy families. She could be a good influence for a Duggar girl.

Eh, I have no interest in defending them. I guess I wasn't really thinking of it in terms of better or worse as much as different?

Same here. Well, I guess in a way it still isn't as bad as traditional blackface because blackface was a VERY popular form of entertainment for nearly a hundred years and remnants of those characters survive to this day. (Here's a website where you can learn more about this: http://www.ferris.edu/htmls/news/jimcrow/menu.htm). The Wissmans' racist roadshow isn't going to reach such a mass audience or influence so many people. Again, I emphasize that I am NOT condoning what the Wissmans are doing. As I said before, it's wrong on many levels. But they're part of a fringe group whose bizarre beliefs and practices will hopefully not become part of the mainstream.

What I dont' understand is how the group that wrote the play didn't realize that racial stereotypes are wrong. Worse, they are putting on this play in front of children.

QuoVadis, Joshua Beasley accidentally shot his wife Alaina in a "house clearing" game the two liked to play. They had been married around 3 months. This was in early 2009, I think, and he is now serving 3-5 years in prison. Google his name and multiple stories will appear. Very sad.

Maybe I am remembering this incorrrectly but weren't some of his family members upset that he got any time in prison at all?

3-5 years is a very short amount of time for killing someone.

How about Andrew -

2.bp.blogspot.com/-AedI_dvExkQ/Ti3fT8EKZGI/AAAAAAAACSY/5kgD1mXVEbw/s1600/P3100196.JPG

nice if you like muscles. He's always reminded me of the incredible hulk, though.

What I dont' understand is how the group that wrote the play didn't realize that racial stereotypes are wrong. Worse, they are putting on this play in front of children.

Hoamskoolin!

Maybe I am remembering this incorrrectly but weren't some of his family members upset that he got any time in prison at all?

3-5 years is a very short amount of time for killing someone.

Yes, they said it would just ruin his life. :roll: Her parents said he needed to pay for what he did by serving time.

Wasn't there something weird where he didn't immediatly call 911 and he changed his story about what happened?

Archived