IGNORED

Oh Lauren (wearinghispurity)...You are so SMRT.

LilMissMetaphor

Even though you are a teenager you are so wise!

When that baby wakes up for the fifth time that night, we have a choice - we can huff and roll our eyes and say, "Again???? You have got to be kidding me. I have to be awake in just a few hours." Or we can breath in the Father's grace and tenderly love that sweet baby and make the most of that moment by being thankful, praying over the little nurser, or simply take in the moment and hold it close our heart. When we feel like we don't have a thing to give at the end of the evening we can call out to our Father and say, "Father, I need you. Pour into my heart and give me what I need to finish this day loving my family." We can choose to give our husbands the crumbs as we greet them at the door looking a mess, rolling off a list of complaints, and conking out in the chair by 9:00. Or we can choose to make the house clean, light candles to make it smell pretty, brush our hair and freshen up, actively "put on love", and give him a loving and tender wife.

Now that I have basked in your womanly wisdom, I realize you are right! I'm totally not going to "huff" when the baby wakes me up for the millionth time tonight. And when my manly man comes home from work tomorrow, I'm going to make sure I'm "perfectly fresh" for him! Anyone know a good douche? Oh yah...that would be you, Lauren.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny that she brings up getting up with a baby and criticizes conking out at 9 in the same paragraph. These two things go together by necessity. Does she have kids or is she just daydreaming about some perfect fundie life?

Holy shit, she has two kids? If her house is immaculate with lit candles and she looks like a model at the end of the day, my hat is off to her.

I actually feel sorry for Lauren. She followed in the footsteps of her mother, Maranatha, in that she married and bore children while in her mid-teens.

Reading a 17-year-old speak intelligently of seeing her own "bloody show" during labor - it actually made me nauseous that her pervy, asshole father and doormat mother groomed her specifically for such a life.

When we feel like we don't have a thing to give at the end of the evening we can call out to our Father and say, "Father, I need you. Pour into my heart and give me what I need to finish this day loving my family." We can choose to give our husbands the crumbs as we greet them at the door looking a mess, rolling off a list of complaints, and conking out in the chair by 9:00. Or we can choose to make the house clean, light candles to make it smell pretty, brush our hair and freshen up, actively "put on love", and give him a loving and tender wife.

I told my husband that he better start putting on his love and lighting candles, shining up his shaved head, and meeting me at the door, sweetly and tenderly, because he needs to finish the day loving his family. Oh wait, he does that anyway, without needing the fluff.

ETA: This is THE Maranatha 's daughter? The fundies I knew who were just getting into "purity rings" worshipped her story. I think that was when I knew I would never be able to fully deep throat the koolaid. Two weird fundie coincidences today for me.

I am not typing well. Might be the painkillers..

Holy shit, she has two kids? If her house is immaculate with lit candles and she looks like a model at the end of the day, my hat is off to her.

Seriously, and they're both under 2. Kudos, lady (as long as your children are getting as much, if not more, attention then your husband and they're allowed to make messes and have fun in your clean house.)

I haven't looked at her blog in a while. This post--wearinghispurity.blogspot.com/2011/09/reflections-on-my-courtship-5-things-id.html -- is kind of sad.

"I grew and learned a ton through my courtship and even changed as I grew closer to marriage, but I also learned that it's never profitable to try and be someone you're not to fulfill who you think your potential spouse might want you to be."

She was only 15 during her courtship and marriage. You're changing so much at that age anyway. The peanut butter story, where she thought that because Nathan liked peanut butter she should too, makes her sound so young, and she really was.

Her father and husband are gross, creepy men. Her mother had an abusive childhood, too, but I think at this point she is also responsible. I feel so bad for Lauren, and even more so for her children. I wonder if in 15 years Living Hope will have her own husband and baby.

For some reason, calling the baby "that little nurser" creeps me out.

I do feel sorry for Lauren, but I don't doubt that Living Hope will be a child-bride at 15. How old is her husband?

Wow. I hadn't heard of this family. Her mother married at 15 after a courtship that lasted years, so her decades-older husband started lusting for her when she was pre-pubescent? Daughter went on to marry at 16? That's... wow. Wow.

OMG, I just looked though her blog.She looks 12 in the wedding pictures and I cannot believe her parents would allow her to marry at 15/16. That is sick. :evil: I would get that creepy husband of hers investigated too.He looks to be 30+ at least. What grown man would want to marry a child? Not a normal one.

I was just coming back to comment on her wedding pictures too! Her husband is balding! And she looks like a child. How old is her husband? He has to be older than her by a decade or two at least. I never thought it was possible for a girl to want to marry at 16. Most 15-16 year old girls don't even have marriage on their minds.

Re: the wedding

Elaine Bennis dances better than those two

WTF is this shit about the wise virgins? It looks more like grooming girl children for marriage to men as old as their father.

We've discussed them a few times before. Her husband is about 10 years older than she is. Marrying off your teenage daughter to another teenager not cool. Marrying her off to an adult is just sick.

We've discussed them a few times before. Her husband is about 10 years older than she is. Marrying off your teenage daughter to another teenager not cool. Marrying her off to an adult is just sick.

He looks a lot older than that.

I was just checking out her family photos, it was her father that married them.

I dug up a thread on the old board. According to someone who checked the records, she was just 16 and he was nearly 27. There is reason to believe that there were actually two weddings-the second was to make it official, once she reached legal age.

(Every time I see this thread title, I chant in my head, "I am so smart! S-M-R-T!" It's making me a little crazy.)

The pairing of a 16-(15?)-year-old and a 27-year-old just proves that the fundies place little or no value on real companionship in marriage. Lauren should be thinking about college and dating, not keeping a perfect home for some sicko who couldn't get interested in women his own age.

Oh yes, she must be so happy with a guy nearly twice her age, cleaning his house and washing his underwear and popping out his babies. It's every girl's dream! She's living it up, while he gets his sick kicks off a teenage girl because he's "not interested" in women his own age, because they're "damaged goods" or "too uppity," and she "looks older than she really is" PLUS she's "really mature"! Oh, and she gets to study his body and what he likes, and every year for her birthday she gets new lingerie.

Oh wait, I'm mixing her up with Courtney Stodden. Whoops. Do fundies like fancy undies? It's OK within marriage, right?

Seriously, if you're over, say, 21 and you're with some under 18, you're a creepy motherfucker. I don't mind big age differences- my mom is 17 years younger than my dad, but at least she was 26 at the time, not 16.

I can't believe people think this is the way things should be. It's one thing to let it happen, but to actually idealize it and worship it... yuck.

Seriously, if you're over, say, 21 and you're with some under 18, you're a creepy motherfucker. I don't mind big age differences- my mom is 17 years younger than my dad, but at least she was 26 at the time, not 16.

Yeah, ugh, I find the idea of having a relationship with a teenager just... appalling. This shit gives me the shivers.

Archived