IGNORED

Oh Lauren (wearinghispurity)...You are so SMRT.

LilMissMetaphor

Oh EW EW EWWWWWWWWWWWW! I just looked at her blog for the first time and saw "Letting the Ocean of his love overflow from my tiny cup." EW. EW.

I feel like I need to take a shower. Coupled with the " Barely Legal" or "legal in Iceland!" theme of the blog, that is just so the wrong thing to put up there...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I wonder about that. I think she's probably just as judgmental as the rest of them, but she's going for a very sweet and innocent I'm just a little-mother-and-wife blog, without any drama. She never writes anything negative, and when she does she addresses it towards other people: "are YOU feeling tired and snappy with your kids? do YOU need to spend more time with God and/or your husband? oh yes, I am not saying I am perfect, of course I sometimes feel tired, but then I just pray and God swallows me in his love, why don't YOU try that?"

I very much doubt Lauren would be okay with Living Hope getting a decent education and refusing to get married until she's in her 20s (or refusing at all, heaven forbid) and seen a bit of the world (heaven forbid part two). And I KNOW Nathan wouldn't be okay with it.

You are quite possibly right - I pretty much fail at subtlety, so I'm not good at teasing out if someone is putting on a front, unless it's the rather obvious "bless your heart" type of passive-aggressiveness. I tend to take nice people (and mean ones) at face value, and sometimes I'm wrong.

If you go back to the December 21 post. Lauren has shared family photos. Her younger sisters are wearing pants! Maybe Lauren's parents are rethinking the marry your 16 year old to some one 10 years older plan.

I've also noticed that Lauren has only had two kids. The second is coming up on two so...maybe Lauren and hubby are rethinking the crank out as many babies as you can edict....

my mom used to read ms. magazine in the '70s. she would hide it from my greatgrandmother we lived with, but i would sneak and read it. it was way over my 10 yo brain. the only thing that sticks out in my mind was an ad for a device called johnny on the spot, which allowed women to pee standing up. that way the independent woman could run with the big dogs!

I'm sorry, but I cannot get over Kindle. KINDLE! It's probably at least a little bit easier for her if she's not allowed to be ~of the world~, because someone named Kindle in public school would just never hear the end of it. KINDLE FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Archived