IGNORED

Oh Lauren (wearinghispurity)...You are so SMRT.

LilMissMetaphor

Yeah, ugh, I find the idea of having a relationship with a teenager just... appalling. This shit gives me the shivers.

Teenagers are not the brightest tools in the box. I say this as someone who hasn't turned 20 yet. 18 and 21 is fine. I can forgive 17 and 21, in some cases (not many). If you're 27 years old, go find women your own age, leave teenagers alone.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teenagers are not the brightest tools in the box. I say this as someone who hasn't turned 20 yet. 18 and 21 is fine. I can forgive 17 and 21, in some cases (not many). If you're 27 years old, go find women your own age, leave teenagers alone.

Definitely agree with this. I don't mind age difference as soon as both are older than 20. The older you get, the less age difference matters really.

I feel really sad and angry when reading about this girl - not yet a woman (or is she). She should not be a parent. She should have parents (who care). I will write a long angry e-mail to Kindling publications. I have to address my anger somewhere...

So creepy.

kindlingpublications.com/about-us.php

In the photo on this page, Lauren is in the back right. She still looks about 12, not an 18 year old mother of 2. Poor kid.

So creepy.

kindlingpublications.com/about-us.php

In the photo on this page, Lauren is in the back right. She still looks about 12, not an 18 year old mother of 2. Poor kid.

Maranatha and Nathan look like they'd make a better match (and are MUCH closer in age) than Lauren & Nathan. This whole family really skeeves me out...

Even though I kind of already know this story, it shocks me every time. :shock:

I know when I was 15, 15-year-old guys were gross and 20-something celebrities were, like, totally hot, but come ON. I believe I was dating a 17-year-old at the time, and I remember even that being a slight issue because he could drive me around. I just don't get the attraction of a (young) teenage girl for a grown man. Having been one, I can attest that they spend most of their time being idiots. Not that her husband isn't. Another thread in which I'm immature and simply respond: EWW! :-x The whole thing is just so... sad.

BTW, Lauren, the only 17-year-olds I know with two kids aren't exactly doing God's will... Jesus, I just thought about what her level of "education" must be and got slightly depressed.

Maranatha and Nathan look like they'd make a better match (and are MUCH closer in age) than Lauren & Nathan. This whole family really skeeves me out...

Agreed. And, now that I think about it, Maranatha is... 38 (married at 15, been married 23 years), and Nathan is 30? Wow.

I'm not so sure I believed it possible, but fundies still apparently have the power to render me speechless.

Never mind the absurdity of a teenage mother attempting to give advice to other mothers.

MTV2 makes money on the lives of teenage mothers with the claimed motive of showing how hard/bad it is and that teenagers shouldn't do it and it makes life hard and wreaks havoc on life. Then we have grown adults pimping out their teenage daughters to the highest bidder intentionally, and promoting it like it's some godly thing.

Matthew Chapman comes across as an entitled, self-serving asshole in pretty much everything he writes about marriage.

From what I can gather, Maranatha was 12 and this fruitloop was 24 when he first started lusting after her. He says he had other relationships that didn't work - probably because he couldn't boss women his own age around in the ways he believes are his due as a man.

He then married his own daughter off at 15, and to another creeper - again because he views women only in terms of their ability to clean house and make babies.

Seriously. Most complementarians acknowledge both men and women are made in the image of God, whereas Matthew believes (and unashamedly states) women are the ontological inferiors of men - copies of copies, as it were, who exist only to serve their bepenised masters.

So basically what I'm seeing is two generations of Humbert Humberts in this family. Eww, eww, and did I mention EWWW!

Here's a clue morons: if your relationship would be legally considered statutory rape without the wedding ring--don't marry a teenager!!

I just read this article on his courtship and betrothal to Maranatha....wtf.....thats all i have to say

http://www.kindlingpublications.com/pag ... -betrothal

That is beyond bizarre. Getting married by a justice of the peace, then waiting and not knowing when the marriage could be consummated? :doh:

My parents didn't meet my husband-to-be until 2 days before the wedding, when we traveled back to NY for the wedding. I was 25 y.o. and had met him in the military. If he had called my Dad to ask for my hand my Dad would have told me to run the other way.

My own parents were 18 years apart in age so the age difference doesn't bother me. But my mother wasn't 15. That bothers me. My maternal grandmother was 33 years younger than her husband. She had a step-daughter who was her age. I can't imagine an age difference that large but she had a happy marriage but was still young when widowed.

I wonder if they will arrange a wedding for Kindle Adriel soon. How old is she?

Does Kindle get royalties? She is older than the Kindle device after all. Where does the name Kindle come from? And her middle name is Adriel? Never heard of it. Maybe she'll go to court when she's of legal age and change her name.

Does Kindle get royalties? She is older than the Kindle device after all. Where does the name Kindle come from? And her middle name is Adriel? Never heard of it. Maybe she'll go to court when she's of legal age and change her name.

LMAO.. I wonder if that's their take on Kendal... you know, to make her super special or something?

For an even more disgusting picture of their marriage...http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com ... 000151.php

I'm honestly sitting at my desk trying not to scare my coworkers by screaming and throwing things. this is just the most disgusting thing i've ever read. EVER.

They left out the consummation. :oops: Was her father at that too? :think:

Someone mentioned she was a survivor of childhood abuse? What was the abuse, beyond the emotional abuse this whole courtship and wedding thing?

Does Kindle get royalties? She is older than the Kindle device after all. Where does the name Kindle come from?

Well, there's the word kindle meaning 'to light a fire', and kindling which is the small sticks etc. you use to start fires. Or are those just British terms?

Well, there's the word kindle meaning 'to light a fire', and kindling which is the small sticks etc. you use to start fires. Or are those just British terms?

No, they are U.S. terms too. I've never seen them used outside those meanings but I guess naming a child Kindle is hoping she'll light a fire for others to follow the Lord. ?

OK, I couldn't make it through the entire link about the parents' courtship, but this part specifically made me think of something, what with all the biblical references justifying their actions:

Thus, later, when her father determined she was ready, He would notify me of when I could go get her and take her to the wedding feast that he would prepare, but until then, we would "not know the day or the hour" (cf. Matt. 22:1-14, 24:36; Mark 13:32, Rev. 19:7-9). Our betrothal was a wonderful time for us getting to know one another and our hearts bonding more deeply (cf. John 17:3), and for Maranatha giving herself to the necessary preparations for her life as well as making her wedding dress of "fine linen, bright and clean" (cf. Rev. 19:7-8), and for me to "go and prepare a place for [her]" so that at the appointed time I would "come again and receive [her] to myself, so that where I am, there [she] may be also" (cf. John 14:1-3).

Five months later, as the time drew near, Maranatha was given a three-week window of time in which, on one of those days, between 3pm and midnight , I would come to take her to the wedding feast. So each day during this time, from 3pm to midnight, she had to be ready for my coming -- suitcases packed, dressed for the wedding, and literally ready to walk out the door. When her father gave me the word, I, accompanied by "attendants of the bridegroom" (Matt. 9:15 , Mark 2:19-20, Luke 5:34-35), went and entered "with a shout" (cf. 1 Thes. 4:16-17; I barged through the door and shouted, "Maranatha! Maranatha!" which in Hebrew means, "Lord, come! Lord, come!"), and off we went to the wedding feast and into a wonderful life together.

They're like deranged SCA people! For the record, I do not think that members of the SCA are deranged, I'm friends with a few, but what this family is doing reminds me a lot of how the SCA members (at least the ones I know) go to great lengths to accurately recreate medieval times at their encampments with their dress, their cooking, their speech, etc. This family was doing the same thing with this wedding, trying to recreate a betrothal and a wedding feast according to biblical times. The big, huge difference is that people in the SCA, or what I've seen of Civil War re-enactors, or even my husband who plays on a vintage baseball team, realize that it's for fun, and that's not the way all things should be now. At the end of the weekend or the ballgame, they come back to modern times and interact with modern society. This family doesn't realize they're playacting!

Archived