IGNORED

JOY and Joy-Anna

Mythicwings

I hope I'm not repeating this topic, but I didn't see it as far back as I looked.

It just occurred to me tonight that Joy must have a horrible burden, having the same name as the motto, JOY, which most of you know means

Jesus first

Others second

Yourself last

Not only would she naturally self-identify with it, but it seems like something that her parents would point out to her constantly. That motto already extinguishes the individual but MAN - to Joy that really must put it in concrete terms, that that is what her life is about. Not in a good way of serving others with healthy limits, but that she herself, JOY, is always last and as a girl especially - well there is no space for her to allow her spirit to develop. I mean her spirit that otherwise somehow survived the violation of her own spirituality and connection to God that was usurped by what her parents told it it should be.

I am on benedryl so I hope this makes sense! :D But - she just has been looking so squashed and unhappy, when she used to a happy little girl. It could just be her age, maybe, but I don't think so. .

IMO, she must feel terribly confused, angry and resentful that JOY is preached to her constantly by her parents, who themselves do not follow the JOY doctrine. IMO, Joy has other issues in addition to gagging on Kool-Aid which I hope she can reconcile once she leaves the 7 circles of Hell.

To quote the Duggars, albeit NT in the way they would consider it appropriate, Joy is "...that way because God made her that way..." Hoping she and the other children will accept themselves and love themselevs into happy, fulfilling lives far away from the ATI mirageland

I thought it was 9 circles. Refresh my memory--how are the parents not following JOY?

Well they certainly aren't putting themselves last. They make their children raise each other and largely fend for themselves, not to mention that they whore themselves out to any and all media outlets who will listen. J'Uterus is just that. She does no parenting whosoever and Jim Bob will do pretty much anything with his family if it will make him money.

I thought it was 9 circles. Refresh my memory--how are the parents not following JOY?

You're kidding right? Umm maybe because they don't give a damn about their own kids?

Nope, not kidding. I don't watch the show and pay fairly cursory attention to the Duggar threads here, so I am somewhat ignorant of the details. My question was out of curiousity, not defense.

Nope, not kidding. I don't watch the show and pay fairly cursory attention to the Duggar threads here, so I am somewhat ignorant of the details. My question was out of curiousity, not defense.

They think they put Jesus first, in the screwed-up way they think Jesus wants them to raise their family. I'm not sure who the "Others" are who they think they are serving, except they consider their show to be a ministry. So it boils down to the kids are last from them and for themselves.

J'chelle: And remeber, JOY.

Joy (waiting a moment): remember what?

J'chelle: JOY.

Joy: What?

J'chelle: JOY. You need to remember JOY.

Joy: Mom, I am Joy.

J'chelle: What?

Joy: I am Joy, I can't forget myself.

J'chelle (loses the sweet voice): No, JOY. Jesus first, Others second, and yourself last.

(J'chelle stomps off and Joy smirks at the camera).

Archived