IGNORED

Some thing on my mind-Duggar family 'helpers'

tabitha2

That would be Brittany something or other.Amy said she is only staying for the summer.If this was was the case for Anna Amy surely would have said.

Interesting! I wonder who she is! How do you know her first name is Anna?

I can do you one better! mystery girl now has a full name-Anna Hackel.I got her first name from some posts of photos from the Niagra trip from the Bontrager blog-she went with them.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1066320630 ... nds201103#

I got distracted by this photo

https://picasaweb.google.com/1066320630 ... 2752400946

Michelle and Evelyn look so much alike. Evelyn is awful pretty and has such an prettier smile than her younger sister. I wonder if Evelyn is the gay sister? :shhh: if so it doesn't seem to be a problem with Michelle side hugging her. Please don't let it be a problem, Michelle.

I can do you one better! mystery girl now has a full name-Anna Hackel.I got her first name from some posts of photos from the Niagra trip from the Bontrager blog-she went with them.

You've got some mad detective skillz, yo! :) She's in the Big Sandy album as well, so it seems she's in ATI. She could just be a babysitter, but it's also possible that she could be John's future wifey.

I do love some Google-fu but that was lifted from some ones detective work over at TWOP:).They seem to be family friends going back a few years so yeah she is an ATI brat.

I've never watched a Duggar show all the way through and haven't looked at part of one in years.

Which uniquely qualifies me to no opinion at all, but OTOH maybe it does.

Let's review.

You say that of the fab four, only 2 are really seen doing the grunt work. Now, why would that be?

Possibly because Jessa and Jinger (the non-grunts, IIRC) have caught on that there's more to life and that part of that is blackmail. They may have made it clear that they'll undermine a taping or two if they have to.

Possibly because market research shows that viewers would object to seeing very young girls (did you say one is 9?) doing heavy lifting at this point. Remember, the viewership changes over time. Especially now that the howler monkey group are in their preteens, very evidently not helpless preschoolers/toddlers, it could really hurt ratings to see: boys lollygagging and playing games, while their contemporary sister did diapers, washed dear Pater's skidmarked jockey shorts, etc.

Thus the need for outside help.

I first became aware of this trainwreck when there were 13 and counting. I said to my boss at the time, "This woman is no great shakes. She homeschools, doesn't take the kids to lessons or games. Her older daughters cook lunch and do laundry. Once a baby is 6 months old, she really doesn't have anything to do with it."

Michelle hasn't been a mom of multiples since there were 7 and she went crying to the piano teacher (who comes to the house. I never found one who'd do that!) who then organized ladies to help get things done until the girls were old enough.

Michelle's been a brood mare, a wetnurse and over the past 6 years or so, a media darling and walking medicine show for Gothard's pernicious heresy. And Jim Bob's biggest fan.

Yeckh.

Edit b/c I found the two pics in question. I don't think that's the same girl in the ATI pic. Unless in less than a year she dyed her hair light blonde, straightened it, lost weight (and changed her facial structure), and got glasses. I didn't think hair coloring (Jana's hair gets lighter when she perms it, but has been darker when she lets it go...when I used to perm mine - in the 80's - my hair did the same thing) was permitted in fundie circles. Aren't you supposed to work with what G-d gave you and like it?

Could they be testing the waters with the idea of bringing in outside help so they can start marrying off the oldest girls. Jimbob probably realizes that he needs to boost ratings and courtships and weddings would do that easily.

Here's hoping!!

:angelic-halofell:

At times I can sort of understand the need for the family have helpers. But what irks me is how some of the Duggar fans actually believe that Michelle is a supermom who is always taking care of her kids on her own. No mother is a perfect mother. I can't stand how Michelle revels in going around and having people praise her when she gets help from her older daughters at home, her mother-in-law, Amy, and others.

Archived