IGNORED

Some thing on my mind-Duggar family 'helpers'

tabitha2

Lately when they go places as of late they have been having young women,Gotthard trained girls apparently, to assist them with minding the toddlers and babies. We know some,probably all, are living with them and doing other work.I believe this is their way of answering internet critics about how much work the fab 4-really just Jill and Jana to be honest-have to do.But is this better really? instead of Jill minding kids you have some other girl being a drudge who might have other dreams or want education sentenced to clean asses and keep sweet-for a family that's not even hers!

So, the fab four now can hire help? My my, aren't they moving up in the world.

Hubbie saw the episode where Michelle stayed home while part of the family went on the mission trip to wherever (you know the one in Guatemala) He commented that he, a manly man, could watch that many kids without help (and he could). Guess that makes him a better parent and better organized than Michelle Duggar.

Hell, I and one other teacher used to take a class of 20 3.5 year olds on field trips.

Says all that needs to be said about their claims that it is possible to care for 19 kids.

In a way they could argue that the help of the older kids is only help but is also family responsibility, blah, blah, blah.

But, if you need to hire people to help you keep track of and care for your brood, you have too many kids. Or, are at least a hypocrite to promote your ability to be great parents while not parenting.

So let me get this straight:

Letting trained professionals care for your kids at a school or daycare for part of a day = bad.

Letting teenagers care for you kids 24/7 = fantastic.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm sure the Indonesian "students" are there to make them look sensitive to other cultures. Or, maybe John David is courting the girl. Maybe they've run out of locally based volunteers! Maybe there paid to later refute the tell-all books the kids will eventually write!

Isn't it funny how helpers are being added as the number of little ones who need constant supervision is actually decreasing? There are only 6 little kids left, and even that's a bit of a stretch, since Justin will be 9 in the fall.

Maybe the older girls are so busy with College Minus that they need help with their jurisdictions? :roll:

If nothing else, it's just more proof that Michelle doing absolutely nothing to care for her kids, unless the cameras are rolling.

The College Plus thing might be part of the answer. Or they may be giving the girls some freedom so they don't "burn out" on motherhood....oh wait, sorry, forgot that's a woman's highest calling so no worries of burn out.

Wasn't Jana/Jill/Jessa/Jinger cooking family meals and doing laundry at about 9? I guess Joy Anna can cook and Hannie do the wash.

Is it possible that these young women are being paid to look after the children? I know it's Gothard world and it's probably slave wages, but if they are paid and able to keep the money perhaps they stand a chance of having something better.

I feel sorry for the "exchange students" (Did anyone notice their names start with J too? Creepy), if they were in the real world or with a family that even approaches normalcy they would be able to see some sights and maybe some new experiences, instead they're stuck in the Duggar home looking after babies. Michelle admitted on camera that Jennifer helps to change diapers and do things around the house. I know the poor girl is ATI as well so she never stood a chance but it just bothers me. It's bad hospitality.

Want to be they aren't paying these girls bupkiss? I bet it's just an honor to be a duggar slave. Kind of like how you have to pay to work at Gothards house of horrors while being re-neducated (anyone get the reference?)

Could they be testing the waters with the idea of bringing in outside help so they can start marrying off the oldest girls. Jimbob probably realizes that he needs to boost ratings and courtships and weddings would do that easily.

The College Plus thing might be part of the answer. Or they may be giving the girls some freedom so they don't "burn out" on motherhood....oh wait, sorry, forgot that's a woman's highest calling so no worries of burn out.

Wasn't Jana/Jill/Jessa/Jinger cooking family meals and doing laundry at about 9? I guess Joy Anna can cook and Hannie do the wash.

One of the girls is a College Minus rep who is supposedly helping the adult children schedule their CLEP testing. To transfer where, who knows? It's not like they're going to be allowed to go to a brick and mortar school, as Jill would have to for nursing.

The College Minus site states that Smuggar (still) wants a law degree. Can anyone think of anyone less suited for the law? He has the ambition, brains and energy of a 3 toed sloth. Heck, even the sloth has to go hunting for bugs to eat for about an hour a day. No way he would be accepted to any REAL law school and the Gothard law degree is only accepted in CA for its graduates to even sit for the bar (and the passage rate is dismal...CA's bar is arguably the hardest in the country).

No way Smuggar can move away from "his" car house and car lots, especially from one of the states with the lowest cost of living to one of the highest, even in the sticks. Even if he rented space for his lots and home, it wouldn't be at Boob rates (which are probably also RTO).

Not sure who the other girl is. The pic is sort of small, but it could be Priscilla Keller. It wouldn't be the first time she's gone there to "help." She was there last winter when the 4/5 oldest sister-moms (I forgot who stayed home this time, but either Jana or Jill usually stays home) were in Central America. Apparently, Anna, Grandma and the exchange student aren't enough - we all know how much of a mother Michelle is. With Priscilla there, they practically had a 1:1 ratio of adults to kids.

If Michelle were by herself, she'd need an occasional helper so she could shower. I know that has always been my greatest challenge when dh was out of town.

But, yeah, a veteran mom of a large brood should be able to handle everything else without a team of nannies.

I'm sure the Indonesian "students" are there to make them look sensitive to other cultures. Or, maybe John David is courting the girl. Maybe they've run out of locally based volunteers! Maybe there paid to later refute the tell-all books the kids will eventually write!

I just dont see the duggars allowing their genes to mix with another race. I think the giant picture of white faces might be "tainted" if JD married out. Something just tells me theyre a bit seperatist in that way. No reason or evidence, just a feeling.

I'm trying to remember here. Was Josie already born when Priscilla stayed with Michelle and the "little ones" while the older kids and JB went to Costa Rica? If so, I can give her a pass for having help. Josie was still requiring a lot of one-on-one care. But I do agree with the general consensus that they have too many kids. We already know JB and Michelle can't care for their kids, so that's an easy opinion to hold.

2 of the "helpers" can be seen in this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wschertz/5 ... otostream/

They look perfect for JD, wherever he is.

OT, but what the hell is up with Jill's poofy blouse and giant necklace? I noticed her dressed like that in one of the recent episodes, and it looks like something suited for a 60 year-old schoolmarm.

So the girls in the elite circles have to stay home and be helpers to daddy, but the girls in the lower castes are allowed to work out of the home for money?

No hypocrisy there, nosiree.

Want to be they aren't paying these girls bupkiss? I bet it's just an honor to be a duggar slave. Kind of like how you have to pay to work at Gothards house of horrors while being re-neducated (anyone get the reference?)

Just relax and let the hooks do their work!

Okely-dokely!

:character-bart:

If Michelle were by herself, she'd need an occasional helper so she could shower. I know that has always been my greatest challenge when dh was out of town.

But, yeah, a veteran mom of a large brood should be able to handle everything else without a team of nannies.

I had 5 and when my husband was gone I had no choice in showering times, it was while the kiddos were asleep. I did it and so can she since my children were raised without J.O.Y. and blanket training. I may have had to get up 5 am to shower or not shower until after midnight but it can be done easily. Who am I fooling? I was a bad heathen mom and just showered with my babies and toddlers, by the time I felt they were to old shower with mom and I could prevent them from doing so, they were to old to be pulling crap.

I had 5 and when my husband was gone I had no choice in showering times, it was while the kiddos were asleep. I did it and so can she since my children were raised without J.O.Y. and blanket training. I may have had to get up 5 am to shower or not shower until after midnight but it can be done easily. Who am I fooling? I was a bad heathen mom and just showered with my babies and toddlers, by the time I felt they were to old shower with mom and I could prevent them from doing so, they were to old to be pulling crap.

Five here too. Maybe it's just me, but half of my kids are early risers and the other half are night owls. My baby freaks out at the sound of running water (not sure why, I am attributing it to past-life trauma and just trying to be patient) so if I have no help, I have no shower. :shock: I'm a girl who needs a shower, I have fine oily hair and also I stink like a lumberjack after 24 hours.

2 of the "helpers" can be seen in this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wschertz/5 ... otostream/

They look perfect for JD, wherever he is.

As a side note, I have been noticing lately that Johanna looks SO MUCH like Joy-Anna. Isn't it weird that they have basically the same name and they are the two that look most like each other? Maybe Josie will end up looking like Josiah.

I have learned that the blonde with glasses is named Anna and she also went with them and the Bontragers to Niagra Falls.Lovely girl and looks very sweet.JD could worse if it's a courting situation after all.

As a side note, I have been noticing lately that Johanna looks SO MUCH like Joy-Anna. Isn't it weird that they have basically the same name and they are the two that look most like each other? Maybe Josie will end up looking like Josiah.

Go take a look at aunt Deanna's face book photo and tell me if that is not Joy in 30 years.

I did a search that did not turn up an Anna Query. But there's a hit for Anna Bontrager of Kalona, IA. BINGO! Look for the Duggars to turn up at the Bontrager's family camp with the Bateses (who have already commited, per their website) in September.

If they show there, I think we have ferreted out JD's potential wife, now in the "getting to know you before we formally court" stage of the process the Duggars outline in the latest book. Or more accurately, seeing if the girl is compatible with the guy who has already gone through two gateways to even get this far.

At least one of those girls works for CollegePlus!, and I don't think that that other girl is a Bontrager. The Bontragers have a website, and that other girl doesn't look like any of the Bontragers. She could be another CollegePlus! employee. (BTW, I can't type the exclamation point in CollegePlus! without laughing.)

That would be Brittany something or other.Amy said she is only staying for the summer.If this was was the case for Anna Amy surely would have said.

Archived