IGNORED

Dougie takes on FOOD

IReallyAmHopewell

Dougie's 1-day French Cooking School= How to microwave frozen French toast sticks(Or maybe that would be Michelle Duggar's French Cooking School).

And let's not forget about all those faaaaaaaaabulous vendors! What a shitshow this whole thing must be. Is Dougie running out of money? It seems likes he's hosting more than his share of conferences these days.

Register now and save 25%!

The first 300 people that register will save 25% off the standard price of $99 for an individual and $399 maximum for a family (5 or more people over 5 years old residing in the same household). This generous discount makes the individual price $75 and the family maximum $299! Children 5 and under are free

Like anyone can afford that for one person let alone for a mega family when you count in hotel and meal costs.

I love food. I love eating it, cooking it, reading about it and hearing about it. It's a subject that I probably know better than the average person on the street, though I admit I'm no expert. Reading that description I see nothing more than a hodge-podge of nonsense help together by a very thing thread. And I'm really amused that he uses the topic of food to take a swing at "big government"

I like how he slams 'statist intervention' and a marxist (how?) system for making sure we have clean food/water.

Dougie, you'd likely be long dead/sickened without the USDA/FDA screening just about everything you eat for potential problems. Just go to a third world country and eat a few native meals. It will open your eyes.

I also like how he assumes no one EVER snacks. Plus, some of us only eat twice a day.

I was shaking my head at the factory farm industry = Marxism - really, if there were no government intervention, e.coli would probably be a far more common occurrence (along with a host of other nasties, nevermind grading systems)....what strikes me is the cost of this conference....

What is the theology of food? All I can think of is loaves and fishes (which would be way too "Marxist" for this guy)

if it was not for the factory farm industry the quiverful families would starve to death. cheap food is all they can afford and those processed foods have the most calories for the cost.

I want to know what food heresies are and how I can avoid them. Too bad I can't afford to find out. Guess I'll just have to go on possibly living a life of sin.

I was shaking my head at the factory farm industry = Marxism - really, if there were no government intervention, e.coli would probably be a far more common occurrence (along with a host of other nasties, nevermind grading systems)....what strikes me is the cost of this conference....

What is the theology of food? All I can think of is loaves and fishes (which would be way too "Marxist" for this guy)

I don't think he's ever read Animal Farm.

S'like I say. I think Marxist policy on everything is good ;) but food, WTF. The best I could come up with is "everyone should have enough" and "it should not contain dodgy shit and bad chemicals and the like" neither of which seems particularly radical.

I was also disgusted by Doug listing himself as an entree. I'm not eating that bastard!

So what, exactly, is a "food heresy?" Will a list of heretic foods be provided? Oh Doug, why couldn't you leave this one alone?

And "House Specialties" Special Ladies symposiums, BE-ALL Phillips and the West Ladies. Why don't the West Ladies have first names? And why is there a need to segregate the menfolk from the ladies at this event?

I want to know what food heresies are and how I can avoid them.

But my kosher dishes taste so much better when I add a pinch of Jesus denial. :(

Don't forget Jewish/Old Testament dietary laws. I'm guessing Doug is like Ned Flanders, keeping kosher 'just to be sure'.

I was also disgusted by Doug listing himself as an entree. I'm not eating that bastard!

Ow ow ow, I'm eating dinner right now and having spaghetti squash come out your nose it not fun. But thank you for my rare laugh. :lol:

I was so curious as to what "food heresies" could possibly mean that I googled it, to see if anyone else uses the term and what it could mean. I found this, the Concordian Sisters of of Perpetual Parturition. What's this, QF, "orthodox" Lutherans?

http://concordiansisters.blogspot.com/2 ... sting.html

Anyway, food heresy is pretty boring in this post. It's about how her church has "Lenten Lunches" and adding a feast to Lent is wrong. I don't know what I was envisioning, but, well I dunno -- food heresy sounded like a lot more fun.

In the blog, he says that food can't defile you spiritually (i.e. no kosher laws.) I too am dying to know what the food heresies are...thinking sexy thoughts about melons and cucumbers?

In the blog, he says that food can't defile you spiritually (i.e. no kosher laws.) I too am dying to know what the food heresies are...thinking sexy thoughts about melons and cucumbers?

No swallowing allowed.

Ok I defiled myself with rabbit pate, some exquisite cheese from Spain, France, Italy and the UK, as well a encased pork products from Boregonia and Italy. I choked it all down with a big French Burgundy.

Dougie's probably gonna tout the nutritional benefits of rice crispy treats.

There is nothing in this world left to take dominion over...no stone has been left unturned. So Dougie has turned to food. I think he needs counselling...

Ow ow ow, I'm eating dinner right now and having spaghetti squash come out your nose it not fun. But thank you for my rare laugh. :lol:

eating and reading here is not a healthy pastime. we need to put that in the rules.

eating and reading here is not a healthy pastime. we need to put that in the rules.

Yes, and spaghetti squash out the nose is probably a food heresy as well.

I see that Salatin is again involved.

Wait, Joel Salatin? I read about him and his farm in Michael Pollan's 'The Omnivore's Dilemma', and was impressed by his farming methods, although I'm not sure they're sustainable on a large scale, and there were some creepy hints of dominionist rhetoric in the background there. Is he part of the whole VF thing too?

Archived