IGNORED

Dougie takes on FOOD

IReallyAmHopewell

Wait, Joel Salatin? I read about him and his farm in Michael Pollan's 'The Omnivore's Dilemma', and was impressed by his farming methods, although I'm not sure they're sustainable on a large scale, and there were some creepy hints of dominionist rhetoric in the background there. Is he part of the whole VF thing too?

I only know what I've read in TOD, but I know he's a BJU grad. BJU might not be officially pro-VF/QF, but they're sure as heck fundie.

Salatin is straight up fundie. He refuses to take female interns on the farm, at least for the year long internships. He may be smart and have lots of good points, but still fundie as the day is long.

On my phone, so links are hard. Salatin has done stuff with vision forum a couple times before. He's even published a CD that is exclusive to them. I like some of his ideas, and my meat chicken tractor is based on his, but I refuse to give him any money with his religious views.

I say we have a FJ heretical feast. We'll have clean water and pork products, maybe a few shellfish (free of red tide- another pesky FDA requirement), and some big Burgandies. Dougie can have a Twinkie.

Don't we all know that being educated on food and nutrition by fundies is what we've all been waiting for! :roll:

Maybe they'll share some really big secrets like "It's more about the feeling thatn the nutrition, so turn to 1950ies style casseroles"

This is a picture of a dish I feel they'd love:

jello-salad.jpg

Archived