IGNORED

Cute blog post by Melanie.

Justme

I think it's the first time I've seen her blog. Usually Nathan blogs for their family. She is just 9 weeks. Her baby and Anna's will be about a month apart (if they both go to term).

Hm, it seems the Maxwells are multiplying. Melenie has had to endure multiple miscarriages and stillborn births. I don't know if it's healthy for her to continue to carry children. I hope Nathan and Melenie are less nutty about pregnancies than the Duggars. There are serious consequences to pregnancies gone wrong.

Guest Anonymous
This is baby #6 for us (three with the Lord). It is an incredible privilege to get to carry another child. We pray that we will have the joy of raising this little one.

I think it is desperately sad that she is only able to speak of the privilege of getting 'to carry another child'. I would hope, at the very least, that the decision to continue to conceive children was a mutual one between her and Nathan.

I am generally surprised how early couples share news of pregnancy. I thought 12 weeks used to be considered a 'safe' time to tell. It is very sad that if this pregnancy doesn't work out, that Abby will have to learn about the darker side of 'God's will' at a very young age.

I think it is desperately sad that she is only able to speak of the privilege of getting 'to carry another child'. I would hope, at the very least, that the decision to continue to conceive children was a mutual one between her and Nathan.

I am generally surprised how early couples share news of pregnancy. I thought 12 weeks used to be considered a 'safe' time to tell. It is very sad that if this pregnancy doesn't work out, that Abby will have to learn about the darker side of 'God's will' at a very young age.

Dougie has a CD for that.

Really, he does.

It doesn't strike me as paticularly odd that they are trying for another baby. Many "normal" couples who have two kids, plus suffered three losses would try again, I don't think it is just a product of their beliefs. If they're still trying in 10 years, then I would think it odd, but not yet.

I don't pray, but I will send them all the best of luck and hope that the baby and Melanie are safe and well.

Guest Anonymous

Dougie has a CD for that.

Really, he does.

Ugh, so he does.

What happens to children who die in the womb? How are we to grieve their loss and view their eternal destiny? In this personal message by Doug Phillips, whose wife Beall has lost two children prior to birth, he offers a hopeful theology of miscarriage, emphasizing the hope that miscarriage provides to disciple our families on the priorities, nobilities, and sacrifices of motherhood, as well as the hope that this tragedy offers to model confidence in the sovereignty of God to your children and the world. Doug poses this piercing question to mothers: “What if miscarriage was God’s means of showing mercy and love on a human soul, and if He chose you to be the honored vehicle to usher that child into eternity? Miscarriage is for a moment; a soul is forever.â€

Shit. I thought it wasn't possible to dislike him more.... :shock:

Ugh, so he does.

Shit. I thought it wasn't possible to dislike him more.... :shock:

Sounds LDS/Morman: All those little souls floating out in the cosmos waiting to be (re)born. What's the Biblical foundation for Dougie's position???

I am generally surprised how early couples share news of pregnancy. I thought 12 weeks used to be considered a 'safe' time to tell.

I'm 20 weeks right now. My doctor told us to keep it to ourselves until around 18, just in case anything went wrong. To each their own, though. My brother and SIL called everyone they knew before the test stick was even dry.

I really hope for Abby's sake this pregnancy sticks. Does anyone know if the other losses were at the start or later in the pregnancy? I know they had the one premie daughter.

I think that if they were not going to follow Daddy Maxwell, we'd know because they would move away from the compound! Seriously, I don't even know how you can odubt they are no contraception, reverse the vasectomies kind of person! Although I do wish her an uneventful pregnancy, they won't help overpopulation that's for sure!

Hm, it seems the Maxwells are multiplying. Melenie has had to endure multiple miscarriages and stillborn births. I don't know if it's healthy for her to continue to carry children. I hope Nathan and Melenie are less nutty about pregnancies than the Duggars. There are serious consequences to pregnancies gone wrong.

Melanie hasn't had stillbirths. She had two miscarriages and then they had a baby, Suzannah who was born alive but with no brain activity who died 3 days later. Steve said there was no known cause, but my guess is she was a trisomy of either 13 or 18 which is incompatible with life and they just didn't do the testing (which is fine, their choice, I probably wouldn't want to know either). It was an excruciating time and they blogged about it openly with lots of photos and updates leading up to the birth and the few days little Suzannah was alive.

Melanie hasn't had stillbirths. She had two miscarriages and then they had a baby, Suzannah who was born alive but with no brain activity who died 3 days later. Steve said there was no known cause, but my guess is she was a trisomy of either 13 or 18 which is incompatible with life and they just didn't do the testing (which is fine, their choice, I probably wouldn't want to know either). It was an excruciating time and they blogged about it openly with lots of photos and updates leading up to the birth and the few days little Suzannah was alive.

went to the blog, this is so sad :(

went to the blog, this is so sad :(

Yes, absolutely tragic. They kept hoping and praying and nothing happened and she just died. I honestly don't know how they kept their faith in God through all of that.

Archived