IGNORED

NCFIC: 'Gospel Centered Marriages' event.

ophelia

our "friends" from the NCFIC just had one of their new brainwashing events. again it's all about preparing your daughters to be submissive and your sons to be head of their households to take dominion over the world etc. check out NCFIC.org or their FB page.

One of their topics is also arranged marriages.

I really hope they came up with that to get people's attention. Two-year-olds don't need to be prepared for anything, ESPECIALLY marriage.

Especially ARRANGED MARRIAGES. eep.

They provided live streaming for this event.

Did anyone tune in? I heard several of the messages. Just to put everyone's mind at ease, they are without a doubt against arranged marriages. I didn't hear the one on 2 year olds. I must say that one had me curious. No clue what they could be saying.

But Peter Bradrick's Facebook status was this:

"It's a packed house with over 2200 people at the The National Center for Family Integrated Churches Gospel Centered Marriages: For a Glorious Church conference at the Ridgecrest Conference Center in Asheville North Carolina."

So does that mean there were really 2200 people physically there or that they streamed it to some of those 2200 people? I just can't imagine they could get that many people to pay for an even like that.

Anyone, anyone?

And so why don't the Maxwell's attend events like this? Looking at the photos of the event (from Peter's FB page), there are plenty of youngish people attending which would be a great place to find a husband for Sarah. I don't understand whether the Maxwells buy in to the whole Vision Forum/NCFIC gig or not, but it would seem they do since I know Christopher has done photography work for at least one or two VF-ish weddings.

I wonder if they attended and didn't say anything since the VF dog and pony show is much fancier than their own?

I believe they were all there. That is unreal.

I've been to Ridgecrest Conference Center before, for a camp. They can pack hundreds of people in; 2200 is believable. There is a huge auditorium there that holds that many people... but holy shit.

Edit: The RCC is in fact in Ridgecrest, NC, which is 17 miles EAST of Asheville. You can't say it's in Asheville when it's 17 miles east of it!

I've been to Ridgecrest Conference Center before, for a camp. They can pack hundreds of people in; 2200 is believable. There is a huge auditorium there that holds that many people... but holy shit.

Edit: The RCC is in fact in Ridgecrest, NC, which is 17 miles EAST of Asheville. You can't say it's in Asheville when it's 17 miles east of it!

Is that where the Morton's went this weekend? I remember something about Asheville conference being mentioned.

My friends and I joke about arranged marriages all the time. We want the kids to marry members of our group because we already like the in-laws and don't mind sharing holidays.Of course this won't happen,but it would be nice...

I've been to Ridgecrest too! I thought it was a Southern Baptist conference center. Is it not anymore? Or do they just rent out to whoever will pay?

I've been to Ridgecrest too! I thought it was a Southern Baptist conference center. Is it not anymore? Or do they just rent out to whoever will pay?

I'm sure a lot of NCFIC folks identify as some kind of Baptist. There's some Pentecostals and AoG folks in NCFIC too (a church near my hometown is in their directory, it's AoG). It's owned and operated by LifeWay, but I don't think they really care who uses it as long as they're Christian and only do things that 'please God' :roll:

Has Doug Phillips married off any of his kids yet? I don't follow his family at all, so I don't know, but I seem to recall that none of them are married off. So why the fuck is he teaching a seminar on "How Father's Qualify Suitors and Receive Daughters" [sic]. As he hasn't "received andy daughters" or "qualified any suitors" and married his kids off, he should kindly shut the fuck up.

And in the same vein, has Stephen Breagy arranged any marriages?

This all reminds me of Josh Harris writing his book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" when he was 19 and hadn't kissed anyone, let alone dated them. Not hard to kiss something you have never done goodbye.

As for the conference as a whole, I get really pissed about the "gospel-centered" stuff. I really think Jesus/God is what we're to be focusing on as Christians, not the "gospel" But that's just me.

Has Doug Phillips married off any of his kids yet? I don't follow his family at all, so I don't know, but I seem to recall that none of them are married off. So why the fuck is he teaching a seminar on "How Father's Qualify Suitors and Receive Daughters" [sic]. As he hasn't "received andy daughters" or "qualified any suitors" and married his kids off, he should kindly shut the fuck up.

And in the same vein, has Stephen Breagy arranged any marriages?

This all reminds me of Josh Harris writing his book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" when he was 19 and hadn't kissed anyone, let alone dated them. Not hard to kiss something you have never done goodbye.

As for the conference as a whole, I get really pissed about the "gospel-centered" stuff. I really think Jesus/God is what we're to be focusing on as Christians, not the "gospel" But that's just me.

I don't think any of his kids have been married off yet, actually. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he's simply not sharing whether or not they're courting. I can't even find out how old they are, except that Liberty recently turned 15. I doubt she's going to be courting anytime soon. But what about the older 2 boys? One of them has to be an adult already.

So yeah, Dougie doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Like Josh Harris (hilariously, I actually know someone named Josh Harris, different guy of course, so it's a bit weird seeing that name everywhere).

But as brought up in another thread, the whole emphasis on courtship, sexual morality, marriage, and 'earthly' family is actually pretty Old Testament. Jesus was more about a "spiritual" family, and Paul even advocates celibacy unless you just *have* to marry, so you don't burn. So already it shows that somebody's not reading his freaking Bible.

I feel sick. 'Two year old' and 'marriage' don't belong in the same thought, sentence or anything else.

These people are beyond sick.

The Maxwells are too separatist in their ideas to participate in events that involve mingling and socializing. Stevie might be distracted by correcting someone's doctrine for a second and lose track of where his children went and who they are talking to, opening them up to evil ideas. Someone might offer Teri a Pepsi then it would be all over from there. There are just way too many opportunites for Stevie's idol status to be questioned. Besides, there aren't enough elderly, trapped in wheelchairs or too slow to get out of the way, so someone could choose to walk away from the old windbag when he starts talking. He can't have that happen.

I feel sick. 'Two year old' and 'marriage' don't belong in the same thought, sentence or anything else.

These people are beyond sick.

The Maxwells are too separatist in their ideas to participate in events that involve mingling and socializing. Stevie might be distracted by correcting someone's doctrine for a second and lose track of where his children went and who they are talking to, opening them up to evil ideas. Someone might offer Teri a Pepsi then it would be all over from there. There are just way too many opportunites for Stevie's idol status to be questioned. Besides, there aren't enough elderly, trapped in wheelchairs or too slow to get out of the way, so someone could choose to walk away from the old windbag when he starts talking. He can't have that happen.

great!!! :lol:

I don't think any of his kids have been married off yet, actually. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he's simply not sharing whether or not they're courting. I can't even find out how old they are, except that Liberty recently turned 15. I doubt she's going to be courting anytime soon. But what about the older 2 boys? One of them has to be an adult already.

So yeah, Dougie doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Like Josh Harris (hilariously, I actually know someone named Josh Harris, different guy of course, so it's a bit weird seeing that name everywhere).

But as brought up in another thread, the whole emphasis on courtship, sexual morality, marriage, and 'earthly' family is actually pretty Old Testament. Jesus was more about a "spiritual" family, and Paul even advocates celibacy unless you just *have* to marry, so you don't burn. So already it shows that somebody's not reading his freaking Bible.

Joshua turned 18 back in May, and I believe Justice is 16/17.

Looking through the photos on the NCFIC website of the last day of the conference, I spy, with my little eye, Geneva [Convention] Bradrick--the spitting image of her father.

Looking through the photos on the NCFIC website of the last day of the conference, I spy, with my little eye, Geneva [Convention] Bradrick--the spitting image of her father.

Also starring: The man-of-many-wet-dreams and his pretty-bride-to-be-with-the-bad-wall-paint-choices.

I don't know what it says about me that I'm eagerly anticipating the flurry of fundie blog posts on the conference. Probably nothing good.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at the talk on sexual intimacy (married women only!) given by Deborah Brown.

I don't know what it says about me that I'm eagerly anticipating the flurry of fundie blog posts on the conference. Probably nothing good.

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall at the talk on sexual intimacy (married women only!) given by Deborah Brown.

Yeah, or the one on glorifying God through sexual intimacy given by... Dan Horn? reallly??

I was about to comment on how *ew* he looks - maybe it's just my taste or my age or the fact that he slightly resembles my dad about 20 years ago - but unless the quote below his picture is from someone else, apparently his name is Dan Horn! :lol:

Did anyone read any of the captions and what I assume someone thought were notable quotable quotes from the talks? None of them made a bit of sense.

Not that it shocks me, but that one of Kevin Swanson was almost hysterical and might be a commentary on how sickly meshed these men are with their daughters. Letting your daughter pursue courtship is comparable to being boiled and oil and skinned alive? (I read it to my DH, and he cracked up laughing.)

These people have not only jumped the shark, they're not even in the water anymore.

And then the thing about arranged marriages. Look at that quote. What has that got to do with arranged marriage? It is what Christians ought to do concerning everything: consider the full counsel of the Word of God. Big shock. So what does that have to do with courtship? Is that the most important relevant and significant thing that the man had to say on the subject? Utterly ridiculous. People paid money to sit there.

Did anyone read any of the captions and what I assume someone thought were notable quotable quotes from the talks? None of them made a bit of sense.

Not that it shocks me, but that one of Kevin Swanson was almost hysterical and might be a commentary on how sickly meshed these men are with their daughters. Letting your daughter pursue courtship is comparable to being boiled and oil and skinned alive? (I read it to my DH, and he cracked up laughing.)

These people have not only jumped the shark, they're not even in the water anymore.

And then the thing about arranged marriages. Look at that quote. What has that got to do with arranged marriage? It is what Christians ought to do concerning everything: consider the full counsel of the Word of God. Big shock. So what does that have to do with courtship? Is that the most important relevant and significant thing that the man had to say on the subject? Utterly ridiculous. People paid money to sit there.

What especially got me was this line: If you have to go through that courtship and you have to forgive that young man 79 times or 4,767 times, it is for the sake of the kingdom of God. What does he mean, "forgive"? As in, the "young man" has proven himself to be an asshole? Or worse, abusive? Worries me. Of course, the whole quote has zero context for someone who wasn't actually there.

The boiled in oil part was hysterical though. Because that's totally comparable to letting your daughter date court. :roll:

Archived