IGNORED

Patriarchy. Still shit.

JesusFightClub

I dislike zit too...but I don't envision children's book characters saying it in my head, I guess that is my issue with lynnkaboom instead of owning it as her issue she is implying other things.

When I read I get a voice in my head that sounds like different things, depending on what is being said. Some words make me hear certain voices. I never said it was anyone else's problem.

What other things am I implying, if you would be so kind as to enlighten me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read I get a voice in my head that sounds like different things, depending on what is being said. Some words make me hear certain voices. I never said it was anyone else's problem.

What other things am I implying, if you would be so kind as to enlighten me.

Well, ok it wasn't implying, it was pretty explicit.

Well, ok it was implying, it was pretty explicit.

So, you going to tell me what the fuck I said that upset you so much or are you just going to assume I can read your mind?

So, you going to tell me what the fuck I said that upset you so much or are you just going to assume I can read your mind?

Who said I was upset? Especially upset that much? Find the it isn't a real word I can't take you seriously argument totally stupid and devoid of any knowledge of language? Yes. Think you are immature? Yes? Upset? Um no.

Hell I just made a joke when you said something about embiggens.

Who said I was upset? Especially upset that much? Find the it isn't a real word I can't take you seriously argument totally stupid and devoid of any knowledge of language? Yes. Think you are immature? Yes? Upset? Um no.

Hell I just made a joke when you said something about embiggens.

Embiggens? Huh? I don't think I ever said anything anything about that.

Sure, you can think I'm immature all you want, but you don't have words that you just find stupid? Yeah, I understand how language works. I use memes all the time. But some of them I find stupid. Like every other person in the world. There are other words that are recently new that I don't have a problem with- "craptacular" is hilarious, and I'm in IT. We use specialty words all the time. But I'm aware that some people think those words are dumb as hell. I used the term "treeware" recently with regards to a rough draft for a paper I was writing, and no one understood what I was talking about. When I explained it the reaction was basically "lol that's dumb."

Edit: I see where I made the mistake- in the first post I posted that I disliked mishmash words in general- that's not exactly the case. There are some that I dislike, and they are the ones that come to mind when I think of "squished words." I've also repeatedly said that I don't really care what words you use, even if said words annoy me, because I don't control all the words.

Meh. I'm tired. If you want to think I'm immature, it's a free country. Go ahead.

Aren't you a student? That isn't exactly in IT. We get it, you have said it a billion times. I have 15 years in IT experience.

You have a tendency to be a speshul snowflake. This is yet another example of it.

Also meme doesn't mean what you think it means. The word you are looking for is called portmanteau and the concept existed way before the internet, way before you and way before me.

And considering I heard the word mansplaining the first time in high school it also predates the idea of an Internet meme. Cat macros and rickrolls are memes. The word rickroll? A portmanteau.

Aren't you a student? That isn't exactly in IT. We get it, you have said it a billion times. I have 15 years in IT experience.

You have a tendency to be a speshul snowflake. This is yet another example of it.

Yeah, I am a student. I also do IT work for the company I work for.

I really don't know where all this is coming from, I don't think I've ever interacted with you much.

Yeah, I am a student. I also do IT work for the company I work for.

I really don't know where all this is coming from, I don't think I've ever interacted with you much.

I thought you worked at a coffee shop?

Era:sorry bakery.

I thought you worked at a coffee shop?

Era:sorry bakery.

Let's see...you ranted at me about my personal willingness to pay more taxes was just horrible and somehow impacted you. When people walked you through how to fill out the Fsfa you shit on them with oh Noez! Forms are hard. You are you, which is fine....but stop throwing shit about being in IT and your paranoid personality disorder around constantly and they being a total douche canoe to people who were earnestly trying to help you.

Yeah, I do work in a bakery. I took a second job about a month ago. I now manage the inventory systems and networks for the shop next door to the bakery as well.

I remember that now. Apparently me not wanting to pay more taxes was offensive to you somehow, and you went off on this tangent about how you wanted to pay more taxes because people were more important to you than money. :roll:

Yeah, I do work in a bakery. I took a second job about a month ago. I now manage the inventory systems and networks for the shop next door to the bakery as well.

I remember that now. Apparently me not wanting to pay more taxes was offensive to you somehow, and you went off on this tangent about how you wanted to pay more taxes because people were more important to you than money. :roll:

No it wasn't. In fact it was clear I think you should pay less to no taxes. And that because I have extra bandwidth I want to pay more taxes, you should rereadin it, because you went off on me for evens considering it because you assume you would pay more taxes.

And re-reading that thread, I apologized for misinterpreting you. Let me reiterate it- I am sorry that I misread your posts and jumped on you. I was wrong.

It's fine, I was trying to use my phone earlier, and it decided it wanted to autocorrect everything to something crazy. I'm not sure why my phone wants to try to correct "interacted" to "mustache" but apparently it does.

Why are you apologizing? I was explaining why my impression of you is what it is...you have a tendency to be a speshul snowflake and jump down people...or tell us our words are made up words that are Internet memes or implicitly or explicitly state you have some special IT knowledge when many of us have IT careers.

I am not upset. My feelings are not hurt. I do not need an apology. You questioned wtf was wrong since you never interact with me and I provided one Example (the other one was someone else's think). Be you, that's fine. But just like mansplaining annoys you, some of your posts annoy me.

I can understand that. I'll try to watch myself in the future. I wasn't aware that I was being annoying, but I'll do my best to stop the annoying behaviors.

I can understand that. I'll try to watch myself in the future. I wasn't aware that I was being annoying, but I'll do my best to stop the annoying behaviors.

You don't even need to do that. Don't change for some random bitcher on the Internet. But maybe instead give people a pass when they use dr Seuss words.

You don't even need to do that. Don't change for some random bitcher on the Internet. But maybe instead give people a pass when they use dr Seuss words.

OK. That I can do. :D

I like puffins. And I want to know more portmanteau words that I never knew were portmanteau words. Like Tanzania? I had no idea.

I like puffins. And I want to know more portmanteau words that I never knew were portmanteau words. Like Tanzania? I had no idea.

Gerrymander? But that is probably and American only term.

Let me think. Napalm? Newscast? Bit?

Yeah, my mind is always blown by portmanteaus that I never knew were portmanteaus ESPECIALLY Tanzania. I mean, I knew it used to be called Tanganyika and I so I just assumed that people thought Tanzania sounded better, but when I learned it was Tanganyika + Zanzibar my reaction was pretty much: :o + :clap:

I happen to really like the words in the Jabberwocky. But nobody actually uses those ones.

Archived