IGNORED

Did an FJer post this?

kpmom

This is a post on a Christian homeschool forum I lurk on.

Given this person's name on that forum, I am really wondering if someone from here is posting there. I hope that is the case.

If this is a real post by a real person, it is the most depressing post ever. She actually makes Teri Maxwell look like a SAHM gone wild! Seriously.

Here's the link;

chfweb.net/index.php?t=msg&th=77365&start=0&S=25c6758e1f8c06f18ff41dec03907a3e

While the name is suspicious, it sounds sincere. That is really sad. Definitely a person who thinks she has to "earn her way".

That was a pretty depressing read. It doesn't even sound like it's her husband pressurising her into it, or her church. :( I hope she gets some help.

It does sound like her husband is somewhat controlling--she said that she cannot make any financial decisions because he is the breadwinner.

Sad, sad post. Teri Maxwell could have written it. I think this is how too many ultra-religious families operate unfortunately, even if they try to keep up a veneer of joy.

While the name is suspicious, it sounds sincere.

i don't know - she avoids responding to many substantive questions (eg: how long married, when did you take responsibility as a child: and many bible passages that she avoid all together).

So.. I hope it's a troll, I really do. I lean towards suspecting that it is. Very much so.

It doesn't sound like a troll, though it could be. I actually hope it is a troll, but everything she says could be believable. The fact that she does not respond with verses seems odd, but I know Christians who don't either because they don't have any memorized or don't understand their Bible well. If it is legit, she definitely needs help. Assuming it is legit: her husband is definitely part of the problem and I wonder, if she never had friends, how did she meet "the husband"? Arranged courtship? ;)

If she is not a troll, she definitely has agoraphobia. She is living in fear and in one place says she has to stay private and on guard because of the past. This makes me wonder about abuse if it was legit. She is making excuses to hide from the world in the name of being Godly which points to anxiety issues.

My opinion, if she is not a troll: She needs to leave her husband if he really thinks his issues are more important than hers and won't let her make an important decision because she doesn't work and he does. Then she needs to get some counseling. I mean this. She also needs to stop hiding away from everyone and not some silly Christian readings online or some Christian magazines like Above Rubies (I just came up with the name of a mag) to decide her faith. She says that she told herself God would want her to get rid of pretty clothes and favorite books. God did not tell her this, she decided this on her own. That does not sound odd though. I have heard people say similar things. "I told myself God would prefer this or wants me stop that, etc." :roll: I've heard similar things a lot, but that doesn't mean she's still not a troll.

No, if legit, she needs to find a good Pastor who can help her sort these things out and if she wants a Christian counselor, some pastors offer free services. She needs to find one though who won't just tell her to pray it all way, but who will work to get at the root of her issues and provide therapy for thigns like anxiety (CBT). If she doesn't want any meds for anxiety or depression, that's fine, but a good service will always give these as options if you want them. But she definitely needs to seek help to get over whatever things from her past have caused her to feel this way if she is not a troll.

If she is a troll, it showed nothing except that the person is seeking attention. There was no point to the post, except to surprisingly show that some people agree with her. Others who pointed her flawed arguments were shut down, which is fundie typical imo.

Anyway, just my two cents. I'll shut up now. ;)

Guest Anonymous

Been following this thread on the board over there all day. I lurk over there as well as here. I figured I better register here at FJ. :lol: Anyhoo, it sounds pretty screwed up. If it is for real it's pretty damn sad & depressing. I think her husband is partially responsible for that mess. Where else would someone get those thoughts from? She mentioned she wasn't raised in a home of religious nuts so? It reads like she had all these issues after her husband & her were saved.

I think she's real, I started watching that early this morning. She's taken it down, and rewrote, but people have copied the original.

Guest Anonymous
I think she's real, I started watching that early this morning. She's taken it down, and rewrote, but people have copied the original.

How do you know? I've only seen a little bit of what she wrote as provided by the ladies who've quoted her.

Oh wow. I just read her follow up answers (such as they are) to the other poster's questions. Now I'm more worried for her than ever.

If she is for real I hope she gets some help soon.

Guest Anonymous
Oh wow. I just read her follow up answers (such as they are) to the other poster's questions. Now I'm more worried for her than ever.

If she is for real I hope she gets some help soon.

I can't even see the post now. Is it deleted?

I can't even see the post now. Is it deleted?

The thread is still there, although she deleted her original post. If you scroll down a bit, she answers (sort of) some of the other poster's questions, and some of her original post is quoted in those questions.

Been following this thread on the board over there all day. I lurk over there as well as here. I figured I better register here at FJ. :lol: Anyhoo, it sounds pretty screwed up. If it is for real it's pretty damn sad & depressing. I think her husband is partially responsible for that mess. Where else would someone get those thoughts from? She mentioned she wasn't raised in a home of religious nuts so? It reads like she had all these issues after her husband & her were saved.

Well hey there lurker :greetings-waveyellow:

This thread might be winding down, if the original's been taken down, so this is as good a time as any to ask: what other forums would be possible to lurk at? I know a lot require membership to view posts, so where do y'all lurk without having to join up?

Guest Anonymous

Well hey there lurker :greetings-waveyellow:

This thread might be winding down, if the original's been taken down, so this is as good a time as any to ask: what other forums would be possible to lurk at? I know a lot require membership to view posts, so where do y'all lurk without having to join up?

Hi Patsy!

:character-koolaid:

Archived