IGNORED

do bloggers write bout difficult topics?

fundies_like_zombies

I like to read the blogs by girls my age but they seem to be all happy happy and don't do negative stuff or anything controverisial.

are there any younger bloggers who write about difficult stuff?

it is all look what i baked, look at the cute baby, look how special i am.

I've seen some write about divorces, cheating spouses, loss of a job, sick or deceased children. Some topics are difficult because of the impact writing about them could have on others. One mom divorcing an alcoholic husband said she was not going to say much because he was still the father of her children and she did not want to involve them in their divorce issues. I think she was right-the kids knew the dad drank so there was no sugarcoating the situation. But writing about marital problems or extended family issues might harm others if they read about it on a blog.

Also, I think the idea is to portray life as wonderful at all times. Blogging about something serious, such as abuse, drugs, depression, etc. does not "encourage" others. So they "purpose" to write about how great everthing is. Even after a tornado.

I think it depends on the blogger and whether they're trying to create an image, or if they're blogging to express themselves/help others/vent. Who is their audience?

The fundies - they're not going to go much for the negative or painful aspects of life. That totally goes against their image and the world they want others to know of. If you have Christ and are a perfect christian, then life is perfect! Come to our side because, see, our lives are perfect.

Leave the fundie circles and you'll find a lot more bloggers who are more open and more willing to blog the hard parts of life.

Archived