IGNORED

Artemis (Cynthia Jeub) 3: The Grift Goes On

Coconut Flan

Spoiler

"I can’t stay in Seattle because my partner and I are too poor to renew our lease. If you can spare even a little to help us move, we would be so grateful."

That is the latest (?) reason why they are not staying put. From their public social media page.

• Upvote 2

I am quite surprised that their rent is $1200.  Not surprised because Seattle but surprised because it is low income housing.  I thought for sure they were paying 1/3 of their income.  I don't know how they ever qualified for that.

• Upvote 3

I wonder if the $1200 is exactly factual. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Posted (edited)

Artemis wants $500 for miscellaneous travel expenses such as food, masks,  and paper plates.  $500 for these type of items?   $50.00 at the most.  Their greed is incredible.

Edited by MargieB
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, keepercjr said:

I am quite surprised that their rent is $1200.  Not surprised because Seattle but surprised because it is low income housing.  I thought for sure they were paying 1/3 of their income.  I don't know how they ever qualified for that.

Between the $1200 and 1/3 I'm going with what Coconut Flan said below. 

11 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I wonder if the $1200 is exactly factual. 

Their rent may be 1200 but their portion may be 400. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, keepercjr said:

$1200 for a studio is extremely inexpensive for a major city these days, so that sounds right, especially considering the prime location. Most pet-friendly studio apartments in their neighborhood run more like $2,000 - $2,400/mo. 
This is a big reason many were asking why  not choose a lower COL area during the LAST move for a “fresh start”.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

some guy donated 100 dollars so not here up to 155 out 3500.

• Haha 3

If I were on disability, I would be more inclined to live in a city (especially if I had subsidized housing) because there are so many more resources than there are in rural areas—food banks, public transportation, Medicaid transportation services, healthcare providers that accept Medicaid, various nonprofits—but Artemis does not appear to have ever availed themself of said resources. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

On 5/14/2024 at 1:24 PM, MargieB said:

Artemis wants $500 for miscellaneous travel expenses such as food, masks,  and paper plates.  $500 for these type of items?   $50.00 at the most.  Their greed is incredible.

A box of masks is 2.99 for fifty. The longest flight in the Contiguous US is Miami to Seattle, which is six hours. They can pack some sandwiches, or just be hungry until they get to the new location.  They don't need paper plates until they get there, and they are still like .. idk, internet says $1.50 from Dollar Tree. Those are just weird priorities. Especially if you are selling all your stuff - you should have $40 for a meal if there is a long layover, but since they are claiming "privacy" it's not like any of us can offer up some low-cost solutions/tips & tricks for the layovers. They also shouldn't worry about getting multiple travel litter boxes and "travel litter" whatever that is.  They should be looking for harnesses so that when they go through TSA, and TSA is being douchy and refusing to allow them into a room, they can feel secure when they pull their cats out of the carrier.  TSA makes you put the carrier through the metal detector.  Like think about these things, not weird Instagram ads for retro/cool-looking travel litter boxes. 

We had such high hopes for Art. 

On 5/13/2024 at 2:29 PM, Ozlsn said:

I would be surprised at Art not going the "ID is a tool of the government" sovereign citizen route except I think they're found it useful. NJ looks like $24 for a license, $35 for real ID. Maybe passports, although that would be undercosted. Are there are additional costs around getting license/ID photos that aren't covered in the quoted cost?

ID cost is different in every state.  They claim that they need to to get Ryann one from WA state, renew Art's WA ID, so they can get on the plane (even though they don't actually need ID to get on the plane, TSA will let you fly without ID, you just have to get there really early.  People lose ID on vacation all the time and don't have to wait for their home state to mail them one three weeks later.) ANd then go ahead and get the new state ID. 

They also take expired ID. https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification 

I am curious as to where they are moving and wonder how long they will keep it private. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

They claim that they need to to get Ryann one from WA state, renew Art's WA ID

... they're not leaving WA are they. Why would you do this for a state that you are leaving? Especially if you can travel without current ID?

Leaving Seattle maybe but at this point I'm dubious as hell that they're flying cross country.

• Upvote 1

The grifters are reminding everyone to give, give, give! 

Screenshot_20240515-234430.png

• Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 12
  • Haha 2

Do they ever miss an opportunity to demand money?  Maybe they see this as a joke but considering how much money they request on a continual basis, I really don't find this amusing.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

... they're not leaving WA are they. Why would you do this for a state that you are leaving? Especially if you can travel without current ID?

Leaving Seattle maybe but at this point I'm dubious as hell that they're flying cross country.

Most people don't know that you can fly in the US without ID. TSA is a ridiculous agency that barely enforces its own, ever changing policy. 

I have no idea where they are going. I suggested NJ since that's where Ryann is originally from. I haven't a clue though. 

My uninformed guess is probably a suburb of a smaller city in PA or NJ. 

I do worry about Art, though, especially if they are moving closer to Ryann's family. The family might be trying to intervene but not really welcome them both.

IDK. I wish Art would start blogging again and not worry about privacy. This part of their story is interesting to me as a person who struggles with overbearing and gossipy family. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

Most people don't know that you can fly in the US without ID. TSA is a ridiculous agency that barely enforces its own, ever changing policy. 

I have no idea where they are going. I suggested NJ since that's where Ryann is originally from. I haven't a clue though. 

My uninformed guess is probably a suburb of a smaller city in PA or NJ. 

I do worry about Art, though, especially if they are moving closer to Ryann's family. The family might be trying to intervene but not really welcome them both.

IDK. I wish Art would start blogging again and not worry about privacy. This part of their story is interesting to me as a person who struggles with overbearing and gossipy family. 

I think they are moving to be near Ryann's sister.  Maybe the 2 of them are/were close.  My guess is that either the sister found them housing already or they are staying with the sister till they find something suitable.  If staying with the sister, I bet they wear out their welcome really fast.  They will sit in bed, not showering and who knows how often the litter box gets cleaned. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, keepercjr said:

If staying with the sister, I bet they wear out their welcome really fast.  They will sit in bed, not showering and who knows how often the litter box gets cleaned. 

This. I don't see how there could be any other outcome, this move is basically proclaiming this plan (short of spelling it out). They are looking for a way to freeload, any possibilities will be considered. I have been amused by the endless changing $$ requirements of this move, as well. Totally unmired from reality at this point.

Artemis really needs to start thinking long-term about their life. If they want to be involved in political activism they need to get an education. It all comes back to that, I don't think there is any avoiding the obvious. If they want more out of life they're going to have to do something for themselves to make that happen. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, formerhsfundie said:

This. I don't see how there could be any other outcome, this move is basically proclaiming this plan (short of spelling it out). They are looking for a way to freeload, any possibilities will be considered. I have been amused by the endless changing $$ requirements of this move, as well. Totally unmired from reality at this point.

Artemis really needs to start thinking long-term about their life. If they want to be involved in political activism they need to get an education. It all comes back to that, I don't think there is any avoiding the obvious. If they want more out of life they're going to have to do something for themselves to make that happen. 

But getting an education would mean having to meet deadlines and Art has said they aren't good with deadlines. Except when a bill is close to being due, then they are all over the place "fundraising" so their "needs can be met". 

If only they could put that kind of energy and effort into meeting homework and paper or work deadlines...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I struggle with deadlines too. Mightily. They used to stress me out so much it paralyzed me and I often couldn't tear myself out of it until right before the deadline, with a burst of nervous energy that let me get the bare minimum done while sometimes literally throwing up in panic. Still not great with them but thankfully a lot better. But at the time I still had to meet my deadlines because losing my job was not an option and the only reason things improved is that I put in the work to improve my mental health. None of that was enjoyable or easy but I'm quite proud of myself for hanging in there regardless and I wish the same feeling of pride for Art.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 11

Exactly.  When you know there is a problem, work on it.  Artemis uses excuses to be a grifter and support their antiwork premise.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Just looked at the GoFundMe. Now they are trying to spin the story that they need to move to be closer to better medical care for long term needs. BS. And they've got a few donations but they are trickling in, nowhere near last year's rate. 

Screenshot_20240518-173946.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Interesting. Pulmonary clinic could be National Jewish Health in Denver. That's only an hour or so away from Art's parents I believe. Have they specified they're moving closer to Ryann's family? (I'd be shocked if they were moving closer to the Jeub's but if times get desperate enough anything's possible)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Interesting. Pulmonary clinic could be National Jewish Health in Denver. That's only an hour or so away from Art's parents I believe. Have they specified they're moving closer to Ryann's family? (I'd be shocked if they were moving closer to the Jeub's but if times get desperate enough anything's possible)

I recall they were moving closer to Ryann's sister. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Just looked at the GoFundMe. Now they are trying to spin the story that they need to move to be closer to better medical care for long term needs. BS. And they've got a few donations but they are trickling in, nowhere near last year's rate. 

Yeah, if they were expecting to repeat that success story they'll be sorely disappointed. People are generally willing to help in an emergency but your lease being up for renewal and rent staying equally expensive is not a surprise, let alone an emergency.

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, MariaariaM said:

Yeah, if they were expecting to repeat that success story they'll be sorely disappointed. People are generally willing to help in an emergency but your lease being up for renewal and rent staying equally expensive is not a surprise, let alone an emergency.

My pet theory is this, basically. They want to repeat that last GoFundMe success SO badly, but don't fully understand why it worked last time.
Spaghetti meet wall.

• Upvote 12

I live in Denver.  I really hope they are not coming here.  The cost of living in Denver is high.  The average rent of an apartment (1 bedroom, 875 sq ft) is $1974.  A studio will be less but not by that much.  Living in almost any livable city is not going to be inexpensive.

• Upvote 7

On 5/18/2024 at 3:44 PM, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Screenshot_20240518-173946.png

Seattle has world class medical facilities.  There is no way Ryann can't get adequate care for his diagnosis in Seattle.  So that excuse doesn't sit with me.  Moving because it is expensive is a legitimate reason to move but you can't expect others to fund that for you. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1