IGNORED

Silvio Berlusconi Has Died

47of74

Oh my, the Lord has been kind of busy this month.

Silvio Berlusconi, the billionaire media mogul and former Italian prime minister who transformed the nation's politics with polarising policies and often alarmed his allies with his brazen remarks, died on Monday aged 86.

Berlusconi, Italy's longest-serving premier who counted Russian President Vladimir Putin as a close friend and gained notoriety for his "bunga bunga" sex parties, had suffered from leukaemia and recently developed a lung infection.

He died at Milan's San Raffaele hospital, where he was admitted on Friday. His five children, partner Marta Fascina and younger brother Paolo were with him, a hospital spokesperson said.

A state funeral will be held in Milan Cathedral on Wednesday, which the government declared a day of national mourning. Flags will fly at half mast until Wednesday.

Funny thing is during my trips to Italy finding someone who would admit to voting for Berlusconi wasn't as easy as it seemed.

• Upvote 5

I keep wondering who is next in this run of extremely unpleasant people dying. Not that I want to wish death to anyone, but … I mean, there are a few more political figures whose death would not exactly sadden me. 

• I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, Exchange Atheist said:

I keep wondering who is next in this run of extremely unpleasant people dying. Not that I want to wish death to anyone, but … I mean, there are a few more political figures whose death would not exactly sadden me. 

Kissinger maybe?

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Exchange Atheist said:

As Clarence Darrow once said, “I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.”

I try not to sink to the levels of the Branch Trumpvidians but at the same time when some people leave I feel relief. 

• Upvote 5