IGNORED

Andrew 2

Coconut Flan

Oh my goodness, that poor woman. What is it with the royal family recently?

:shocked: :mouse-shock: :shocked:

• Upvote 5

Older men have Prostate issues, Skin Cancer is much more common in older people generally and sometimes otherwise healthy younger people have to have surgery for… things. It’s just rotten luck these are happening all at once. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Oh my goodness, that poor woman. What is it with the royal family recently?

:shocked: :mouse-shock: :shocked:

I just said the same thing. When it rains it pours I guess. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Older men have Prostate issues, Skin Cancer is much more common in older people generally and sometimes otherwise healthy younger people have to have surgery for… things. It’s just rotten luck these are happening all at once. 

Agreed, Charles' diagnosis isn't surprising and neither is Sarah's. She's of the generation that sunbathed without sunscreen, and skin cancer is quite common in that generation. I hope she recovers well. The only real surprise to me is Kate, and I hope we get more details eventually. 

• Upvote 3

Sounds like the caught it early and of course her care will be on the best money can buy just like Her her ex In Laws. Also It goes without saying obviously they aren’t going to move her and Andrew out of White Lodge now if they ever were in the first place. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Sounds like the caught it early and of course her care will be on the best money can buy just like Her her ex In Laws. Also It goes without saying obviously they aren’t going to move her and Andrew out of White Lodge now if they ever were in the first place. 

Why not? It's not like she's doing the packing. She's not even home right now--she's in Austria receiving treatment a a clinic.  Her servants could pack and move her, and the driver could take her to her new home.  It's not like she has a job or any responsibilities. People move their whole families when someone is sick!

Edited by Jackie3

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Why can’t they move Andrew? I understand not moving someone with cancer who never raped anyone but Andrew fulfills neither of those categories. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew has a long term lease on Royal Lodge.  As long as he fulfills the lease requirements, it isn't simple to move him out.

• Upvote 6

It would cost a lot of money to break Andrew's lease on Royal Lodge. However, it might garner some public goodwill if they did it, so maybe William will have the guts to do what his father doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why can’t they move Andrew? I understand not moving someone with cancer who never raped anyone but Andrew fulfills neither of those categories. 

They live together. They aren’t going to make her move homes and all the things that go along with that right now. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

They live together. They aren’t going to make her move homes and all the things that go along with that right now. 

I thought they were divorced.

10 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I thought they were divorced.

They are divorced. But they still live together. Lots of rumours that once Andrew’s parents were both gone, they would remarry. 

• Upvote 3

I suppose just not meant to be married  but they do seem devoted to each other. Takes all kinds right? 

• Upvote 4

I wonder about Fergie. He hasn't treated her very well over the years. But after divorcing, she has never been able to really make her own way. For all we know they live fairly separate lives in a big house and are just generally cordial. For Fergie, it might be the best option financially, security, staying close to her girls extended families, etc. 

I have a hard time believing Andrew, who is clearly into younger women, wants to remarry Fergie. What would be in it for him? 

It's interesting that Charles doesn't seem to bear ill will to her and has allowed her to be publicly seen with the family so quickly after his mother's death. Goes to show who was really the one who disliked Fergie. 

I doubt that Charles wants Andrew moved out because of the scandal. It seems clear at this point that Andrew's scandals do not materially matter to Charles. Seems to me the move him out story pertains to the slimmed down monarchy goal rather than shunning Andrew. If anything, it looks like they're putting Andrew out there to get people used to seeing him around and re-accept him.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I most sincerely hope that Andrew isn't called in to help with Charles and Kate are out of play.  

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I most sincerely hope that Andrew isn't called in to help with Charles and Kate are out of play.  

He won’t be. I’d be shocked if he was. 

• I Agree 1

I hope so. But also at this point, anything horrible and gross seems possible (based on other events in the world)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I think they would ask Beatrice & Eugenie first.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Or even more Likely Lady Louise. 

She’s in college at St. Andrew’s, so there would be some logistical and scheduling issues, as well as the tradition that it’s a time when the young royals don’t do engagements.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Needs must. B&E have young families, E lives abroad at that  and will be much more disrupted if they are asked to serve and there aren’t a lot of other viable options. 

They would ask Beatrice before Louise. Beatrice has already appeared at several events, whereas Louise is at university. Beatrice is ahead of her in the LOS and wasn't she being made a Counsellor of State? 

• Upvote 3

I don't see them asking Eugenie. She doesn't even live in the UK full-time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1