IGNORED

Andrew 2

Coconut Flan

45 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

@Jackie3 Yes, if I was as rich as Charles, I would provide a home for my brother whom I love dearly.

Yes, but Andrew is rich, too. Since he is a multi-millionaire, why would he need or ask for his brother's charity? 

Most people have too much pride than to be dependent on a sibling for housing. 

What Charles and (QE) did is called enabling.

Who in their right mind would want to wear such a costume anyway?  So much of the costuming seems over the top ridiculous these days.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Apart from the ridiculous cosplay effect of Garter regalia, allowing Andrew to appear in it at the Coronation is incredibly bad optics.

Andrew should wear his "lounge suit" and STFU -- or stay home.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Who will be Duke of York when Andrew passes over the Rainbow Bridge?

William's 2nd son?

No one; the title will revert back to the crown until the monarch sees fit to bestow it again. Typically it would be Louis (should be Charlotte but that’s a different story altogether) but due to Andrew be a flaming shitbag, my guess is they will let some time pass before the title is given out again. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

If Andrew should pass while Charles is still on the throne, he could conceivably bestow the York title on Harry as his second son. But I somehow doubt that will happen! :my_dodgy:

• Haha 3

On 3/9/2023 at 7:16 AM, Coconut Flan said:

Who in their right mind would want to wear such a costume anyway?  So much of the costuming seems over the top ridiculous these days.  

Andrew. I bet he’s the sort who loves that kind of bs fancy dress

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe, maybe not. But this is a tabloid, so be careful what you decide based on its articles.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:33 PM, Loveday said:

If Andrew should pass while Charles is still on the throne, he could conceivably bestow the York title on Harry as his second son. But I somehow doubt that will happen! :my_dodgy:

You really think this would make a difference to Harry? He's busy playing on the beach in Montecito with his kids. Why would "the York title" matter to him?

I believe Andrew thought he would make a better king. I've read before that he always thought he was more important than Charles because he was born while their mother was Queen, and Charles was not. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, he was born on 30 May.

So Archie is 6, Lilli is 7, Prince Andrew is 8 (no comment), and this new little guy is 13? 

Yes, Master Ernest is #13 in the line of succession, bumping everyone behind him down. So Prince Edward now becomes #14, James becomes #15, Louise becomes #16, Princess Anne is #17, etc etc. 

2 hours ago, viii said:

Yes, Master Ernest is #13 in the line of succession, bumping everyone behind him down. So Prince Edward now becomes #14, James becomes #15, Louise becomes #16, Princess Anne is #17, etc etc. 

Fun fact, the only thing that can remove you from the Line of Succession is becoming a Catholic. Not even treason, or taking up arms against the monarch, can get you removed from the LoS, but the minute you join the Catholic church, that's it, out you go.

• Haha 8

In some monarchies marrying without the Monarchs or The Government’s permission will get you booted or at least it used to.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

In some monarchies marrying without the Monarchs or The Government’s permission will get you booted or at least it used to.

I think it's only the first six in the LoS for the UK monarch have to get the monarch's permission, currently William, George, Charlotte, Louis, Harry, and Archie. Having just checked, they would be removed from the line of succession if they married without the sovereign's permission, so I shall go and ding my source round the ear for giving me duff information 😉

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, viii said:

Fun fact: James is the last younger brother to be ahead of an older sister in the line of succession. Lucas Tindall is not ahead of his sisters, though they’re all at the end of the line instead of between Charles and Andrew’s families. (The change took place while Kate was pregnant with George.)

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Fun fact: James is the last younger brother to be ahead of an older sister in the line of succession. Lucas Tindall is not ahead of his sisters, though they’re all at the end of the line instead of between Charles and Andrew’s families. (The change took place while Kate was pregnant with George.)

That is a fun fact. Fun and sad.

Why did it take so long to change such a rule, especially since QE2 was such a popular queen? It's the 21st century and this change only took effect 10 years ago?

Edited by Jackie3