IGNORED

Andrew 2

Coconut Flan

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew was seen riding in William and Kate’s car to church in Balmoral yesterday. Just because QEII is dead doesn’t mean everyone else is ignoring him, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Even worse, they made Kate sit in the back. Why is anyone's best guess. 

May be she prefers to sit down n the back. Who was driving? Perhaps keeping space between her and Andrew. 

10 hours ago, viii said:

Andrew was seen riding in William and Kate’s car to church in Balmoral yesterday. Just because QEII is dead doesn’t mean everyone else is ignoring him, unfortunately. 

The BRF will be criticised what ever they do about the Andrew problem.  The queen was his mum, he has a right to be in Balmoral and the memorial. If they excluded him they will be dumped on. Then they get dumped on for including him. King Charles can’t win really. 
ps I’m certainly not a royalist but I can see he is causing them a huge problem. 

• Upvote 2

He was at a family event not in an official working Royal capacity and He has every right and reason to be there. Let’s be realistic here. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to go to family events or memorials. But he also doesn't need to be seen riding with William and Kate. There are plenty of ways to get him in and out of events and buildings without it being captured in a photograph. The way the royal family is choosing to be seen with him makes me think poorly of them. If they really thought he was guilty, there would be more distancing than what there is. However, the only time they seem to pull him back is when there's (rightfully so) backlash. Otherwise, he's like a cockroach that keeps creeping closer, which makes me think they're either believing he's innocent or they simply don't care. 

Either way, it's bad optics for them. 

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

If they excluded him they will be dumped on.

Who would dump on them for excluding Andrew? Only people who support Andrew. Not a large crowd. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, viii said:

I’m going to guess the BRF is very much like the majority of the Duggars - they believe he’s innocent. 🤢

Or they don't care if he is guilty. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

All I know is At the end of the day it’s Charles job to call all the shots regarding Andrew and If they disagreed and did not want to be seen the same vehicle as him or photoed with him as him they could have stayed home. One of the Wales’s could have used the children for an excuse as Goodness  knows they do it enough anyway. 

I won't argue with you. Charles is the one ultimately responsible for Andrew now, and the fact that he rode with William and Kate speaks volumes about the entire BRF. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1

6 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

He was at a family event not in an official working Royal capacity and He has every right and reason to be there. Let’s be realistic here. 

How is attending a parish church a "family event?" I am genuinely curious here because, for mere mortals, a person can attend church with their family but it is never a family event; rather a gathering of the church community. Does the Church of Scotland hold services just for the Royal family?

3 hours ago, viii said:

I won't argue with you. Charles is the one ultimately responsible for Andrew now, and the fact that he rode with William and Kate speaks volumes about the entire BRF. 

Maybe Charles is wanting to model improved relationships between siblings? Less discord in the family? Make William realize that his brother could be oh so much worse?

It's a head scratcher.

I'm not sure we'd all say family event for going to church, but he's at Balmoral for the vacation family gathering and a group of them going to church at least once is normally a part of it.  So gathering, vacation, event are all somewhat similar in connotation in these circumstances.  Appearance, holiday, and incident are all synonyms for event among others.  

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm not sure we'd all say family event for going to church, but he's at Balmoral for the vacation family gathering and a group of them going to church at least once is normally a part of it.  So gathering, vacation, event are all somewhat similar in connotation in these circumstances.  Appearance, holiday, and incident are all synonyms for event among others.  

Yeah, I don't begrudge himself hanging out with his family on vacation. I also don't begrudge him going to church--he could probably use more church. Ha!

This is raising eyebrows because it seems orchestrated in a public way. So yeah, they could say "He's just here on vacation." But that's feels like playing dumb given how media savvy the BRF is.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Andrew has gone to church with the family before since his disgrace.  He even walked his mother in at Philip's memorial service wasn't it?  I know he walked with them to Easter and I think rode with the Queen at Balmoral a couple of years ago.  I'm not sure why this time the tabs want to try to make a meal of something that basically isn't news.  Andrew goes to church with his family for the fourth, sixth, or tenth time since retiring from being a working royal doesn't call forth any ire or discussion though.  

• I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Every time they have paraded Andrew going to church with his family, there has been backlash. The BRF is clearly saying they don’t care. Super gross. 

• Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, viii said:

Every time they have paraded Andrew going to church with his family, there has been backlash. The BRF is clearly saying they don’t care. Super gross. 

Totally agree, and it’s disgusting. I far preferred it when the gossip was about Charles evicting Andrew from his wildly extravagant home. It wasn’t as much as Andrew deserved, but it was something. The BRF knows exactly what’s going on by having him close and in photo ops. It’s pretty vile all around, I think. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, I don‘t like seeing it but, as has been said, it‘s not the first time.

They absolutely must know the optics of it.

I don‘t know what the family‘s plan regarding Andrew is. Did they even ever discuss the guilt question? I somehow can‘t picture him having had to answer to anyone but Elizabeth about this. And her I imagine having accepted it with a grim face and making him give up all official roles. I could even imagine her making Charles promise on her deathbed to include his brother in family gatherings. 

Or maybe it‘s some christian forgiveness thing? They are said to be religious after all.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 4

No doubt Andrew needs a vacation badly, he must be exhausted from his busy life doing absolutely nothing in the lap of luxury.

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, viii said:

If they has used separate cars the Greens would have jumped on them for not car sharing sadly. Catherine sensibly sat in the back away from him. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Or  they well realize some people  or some  group is going to criticize whatever they do or don’t do so they have said “Fuck it! Can’t please everybody!” and do what they want anyway. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1